Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Gee, I don't know. Perhaps because all I need to do is even vaguely imagine a scenario where the majority of cops are "Bad people" to understand that if that was actually the case, things would be literal orders of magnitude more fucked up than even the worst case scenario we have right now? Nahh, that couldn't be it.
    or turn on A&E and watch some LIVE : PD lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    One cop being bad doesn't make all cops bad. Just be glad he was dumb enough to get himself caught.
    How many times are you and others going to say "one cop being bad" at this point it's several hundred if not several thousand.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cops think they're doing everyone a service as the suspect is a pos but they're really doing more harm than good no matter how you look at it. Proper police work you can't put a price on. Train them appropriately so doing shit like this is taboo and drill it into them exactly why it has to remain that way. We all get why they'd do it but they are actively undermining their own profession and public confidence in law enforcement. Fire them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    It has always been my thinking that this happens a lot.

Think about it.

All a cop has to do is produce a bag of drugs and say he/she found it when searching you. You are: busted! It is then their word against yours.

How many times do you think cops claimed they smelled weed or something and searched the whole car when they didn't?

I won't get into searching someone's car over an "illegal lane change" but there is plenty of instances of that happening too.

I think it is because we pay cops too low so we don't always get the "best person for the job."

I think we should up pay, training, techniques and hold them to a higher standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    People will continue to bash "all cops" until "blue wall of silence" stops being a thing. Oh and cops stop being acquitted or charges not pursued when video evidence clearly shows wrong doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    One cop being bad doesn't make all cops bad. Just be glad he was dumb enough to get himself caught.
    he got caught b/c of the camera he was forced to wear - cameras that are almost universally opposed by police unions.

I love how I read that they "cut" him a plea deal after this video was released

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    How many times are you and others going to say "one cop being bad" at this point it's several hundred if not several thousand.
    Your city hired, trained and employs your police. Are you going to the next public meeting of your city councilmen and express your concern?

If not your part of the problem.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Of course they did, the US system doesn't hold police accountable they are effectively above the law. The only time they get punished is when the crime is so outrageous, garners so much public outcry that they are forced to take action even then it's a big maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Here come the cop defenders to go on how the victim is a thug and the cops are totally justified in planting evidence on them. That the two other cops who watched him do it are also perfectly justified and how all cops are saints and above approach. Only criminals get arrested and they must be criminals and blah blah blah. I hope these cops get the worst possible punishment in the books. I hope they are fired with no pay or benefits and are sent to a good old federal prison these piece of shit bastards.
    We should get rid of all police because they are all bad evil people. The streets would be much safer if police were abolished. See how absurd you sound? ...sigh...

Having said that, these three cops should be fired and all their previous arrests should reviewed by State Authorities. I will applaud the police officer(s) that turned in this video to his/her superiors and reported these guys. They could have easily brushed this under the rug. You see, not all police are assholes.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    How can there be justice when they don't ever see a trial, judge and jury? All the power is in the hands of the prosecutor which is just bonkers but what do you expect from 'murica... Yell about no police accountability all you want this is the reason why.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2017-07-20 at 01:54 PM.

The usual "hate cops" propaganda that fills this forums

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    The usual "hate cops" propaganda that fills this forums
    Everyone hates them until they need them.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    The majority of cops are good people the problem is they defend and hide the bad ones. The thin blue line is more important to them then getting rid of the bad cops. When the good cops allow the bad cops to go unabated or unpunished then they are just as bad as the bad cops.
    I feel the same way about the teachers union and their hijacking of public education.

This has been exceptionally common for a very long while... I know of it happening in my immediate area at least twice, this year, and that just the two that have been caught doing it, not the vast majority that get away with it...

Baltimore is a complete shit hole. I went to the aquarium there with a kid a few months ago, and while looking out the observation balcony over the harbor, I saw a cop arresting someone, and while going through the person's things, the cop tossed their cellphone into the harbor after turning it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    It's an isolated incident.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    I feel the same way about the teachers union and their hijacking of public education.
    Fucking overpaid public school teachers and their educationing.

We need some more of these great cops to plant some drugs on them too.

Depends on what a bad cop is.

If a bad cop is a cop who does bad things... then that is one bad apple.

If a bad cop is a cop who sees other cops doing bad things and then defends them or says nothing in order to defend them because of the "blue wall" then a lot of cops are bad cops.

Serves him right, wanker...

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Of course they did, the US system doesn't hold police accountable they are effectively above the law. The only time they get punished is when the crime is so outrageous, garners so much public outcry that they are forced to take action even then it's a big maybe.
    The cop hasn't been charged yet, thank public unions for that. I was talking about the victim, they didn't drop the charges and still made him plead guilty.