10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post

I was bored at work yesterday, so I ran through one of those hunger game simulations again.
    If you somehow weren't in it, sorry. I just took the top 36 posters (substituting a few that were banned).

Link to full game: http://imgur.com/a/V7neW

tfw get killed immediately
    Hemo kills me with his shitpost.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    @Sesto Thank you for doing that - it was enjoyable. I knew I was fucked the moment I grouped with Swisted. Death by Idiocy was too accurate for me!

10+ Year Old Account

tfw get killed immediately
    and in the most embarrassing way. at least I got killed by a headshot
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from owning Ace and being the final victim of the winner, I had a fairly tame experience.

>I die second round
    woowowow.

fairy tail anime coming back in 2018

@Sesto i the distance only to commit social suicide.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Just more proof that #hemotaste kills

15+ Year Old Account
    Gamers 02 - Kind of crazy to see PUBG in the OP, apparently it's a hit in Japan too. The Persona 4 Arena scene was also a bit surprising as there wasn't even any WcDonalds type shenanigans.

Finally got around to finishing Alice, since DDY have seemingly died.
    Huge fan of the show, easily one of my all time favorites.

There isn't all that much plot going on, but when you have such fantastic characters like Sana with huge development, it makes up for it honestly.
    Plus the art direction in some of the last episodes were absolutely stunning, gorgeous use of colors, such a stark contrast to the car scene in the first episode.

https://i.gyazo.com/d2b2c6c5da3c7243...f395f54613.jpg
    https://i.gyazo.com/08d1e84aae270824...0f6a03ab88.jpg
    https://i.gyazo.com/004800ecab2620bc...5af13d7d02.jpg
    https://i.gyazo.com/5c83d2f0174dee26...d3b3694843.jpg

Glad it got licensed, definitly picking up the manga.
    This season started of great atleast, Fate started off fantastic, still nowhere close to being fate/zero to me but it's good.
    Aho girl is hilarious, as expected.

Made in abyss is probably going to be my sleeper hit, but it depends what direction it takes.
    I enjoy the parts that focuses on the abyss itself, like the scenery in first episode and Riko's background i second episode, fantastic music and fantastic art.
    So i do hope they continue in that direction and give us more of that.
    Princess Principal and Kakegurui both are great, Kakegurui for obvious reasons.

Princess Principal depends alot on wether they stick to this direction or not, i love moeblob shows, but not pulling punches like they with the first episode was great.
    New game is as good as usual, holding on before i judge Gamers.

The only show that i can tell i am going to drop is probably Centaur no nayami, i like the concept, but this was just bad.
    Like it was made by an chinese sweatshop.

In other words, Japanese TV know's what's up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did I choose to rewatch the ending of utawarerumono itsuwari no kamen >_>
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Fate is shit:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Made in Abyss 03 - You have to be shitting me. This wasn't a full episode. Those were only five minutes.
    Yeah that went way to fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Finally got around to finishing Alice, since DDY have seemingly died.
    Huge fan of the show, easily one of my all time favorites.

There isn't all that much plot going on, but when you have such fantastic characters like Sana with huge development, it makes up for it honestly.
    Plus the art direction in some of the last episodes were absolutely stunning, gorgeous use of colors, such a stark contrast to the car scene in the first episode.
    I didn't like it as much as you, but I did think it was underappreciated last season. Reviews were also really harsh to it, more than I thought was warranted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Made in Abyss 03 - You have to be shitting me. This wasn't a full episode. Those were only five minutes.
    I enjoy taking screencaps of this show, but it's harder than it should be and forces me to pause/rewind. Lengthens the experience.

The pan shots that appear to be static actually suffer from a slight perspective shift, making it difficult to put them together. This is a good example, where the slight adjustment in camera angle has made it difficult to get a perfect match (can still see the line, although with some quick work that could be fixed). I did get this one from the episode, though.

p.s. I think he made a contract. 人◕‿‿◕人
    Last edited by Neichus; 2017-07-22 at 05:55 AM.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    I didn't like it as much as you, but I did think it was underappreciated last season. Reviews were also really harsh to it, more than I thought was warranted.
    MAL reviews?

They are pretty much the steam reviews of anime, its mostly just contrarian circlejerking, people who like to pretend they are some high-class anime connoisseur, but in reality they are just a joke.
    Which becomes clear when you look at the their list, and scores.

Better off just looking at the score itself, where 7 isn't bad at all.
    I do agree it was underappreciated though, it might not be the best show out there, i might be biased because i am a sucker for show's like this with characters like Sana, and that visual style like what we saw in the last few episodes, but it was definitly above the average imo.
    Think it went under alot of people's radar aswell.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2017-07-22 at 10:17 AM.

I was bored at work yesterday, so I ran through one of those hunger game simulations again.
    If you somehow weren't in it, sorry. I just took the top 36 posters (substituting a few that were banned).

Link to full game: http://imgur.com/a/V7neW
    So Epu refused to kill me, how rude. Am I not worth killing?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well reflection is intersting. Animation totaly looks like a comic and in end it got narated by stan lee.
    Ending op is kinda weird tho, looks more like music video.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-debut/.116927

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    MAL reviews?

They are pretty much the steam reviews of anime, its mostly just contrarian circlejerking, people who like to pretend they are some high-class anime connoisseur, but in reality they are just a joke.
    Which becomes clear when you look at the their list, and scores.

Better off just looking at the score itself, where 7 isn't bad at all.
    I do agree it was underappreciated though, it might not be the best show out there, i might be biased because i am a sucker for show's like this with characters like Sana, and that visual style like what we saw in the last few episodes, but it was definitly above the average imo.
    Think it went under alot of people's radar aswell.
    More than just MAL reviews. Chatting with people who also watched it, they were really put off by the tone shift mid-series. And "7" on MAL is actually sort of low for what I would expect for a series of this type. I know that sounds odd, because a 7 should be "Good," but absolute trash like Taboo Tattoo (6) and Glasslip (5.5) can still muster "above average" scores. A "6" on MAL means its horrible, a "7" tends to be code for "passably crummy." It simply surprises me because the show really was quite nice in a lot of ways; it dragged a 6.5-7 out of me, which given its content is a compliment. There are very few anime I rate more highly than the MAL average.

Hero Academia 29: I was underwhelmed by this episode. It felt very...standard shonen. Hero in trouble, has to give an ideologically(Iidalogically?)-driven speech, villain has to answer his ideologically-driven speech rather than kill him, gives time for friend to show up, friend gives ideologically-driven speech, villain again answers his ideologically-driven speech, they fight, villain gets upper hand, villain has to pontificate before finishing the job, is stopped in the nick of time again...yeah. I know this a shonen series, but what has made it stand out was its superior execution of the tropes, and on several occasions defying them. This episode was indistinguishable from that of other series in terms of pacing and content.

I think what also bothered me was the whole resolution of Todoroki's backstory was literally a 30 second narrative. It apparently didn't even deserve part of an episode, or even a flashback of an episode. Just a mid-fight reminisce. I could have waited until after the fight was over to have this explained, and I think the "immediateness" of the situation was lacking due to its inclusion.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2017-07-23 at 01:41 AM.