Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Is there any reason you are avoiding the huge memory and HDD performance enhancements from 8 on ?

I think anyone who is stuck on Windows 7 has no right to criticise people stuck on Windows XP
    Why? 7 is still supported and absolutely fine for gaming.

I use 10 personally but never had any issues with 7 when I was on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Damn you Windows 10.
    Why is this is WoW General when it's not a WoW thread but a Computer thread? There's a forum for those things...

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    It's kind of sad considering that Windows XP is arguably the best OS ever made. But it's totally understandable, people need to move on after all these years.
    The best OS ever made is DOS + NC
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I know many won't be hindered by this. It was just strange that they aren't just stopping support for older OS's, the games just won't run anymore. Probably a reason, but just seems harsh.
    Because once it's not supported it's also not protected by cheats or simply game(breaking) bugs anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why? 7 is still supported and absolutely fine for gaming.
    But on the same hardware 8+ is even better. Is there a reason, like those XP users that you are limiting yourself to old tech ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

But on the same hardware 8+ is even better. Is there a reason, like those XP users that you are limiting yourself to old tech ?
    Oh I'm not denying that especially on 10. But 7 is still perfectly fine for it. It's not a huge limit but if someone asked me "should I upgrade" then I'd say yes.

Also you can still upgrade to 10 for free if you have your original 7/8 Product Key.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    TBH, if you are running XP or Vista, you are asking for security problems ranging from simple infections to getting your PII stolen. No matter how you feel about Windows 8 or 10, it is in your interest to get on one of those OS. Even the best security software can't fully protect you from old OS vulnerabilities.

Deleted
    Have fun everyone, getting your shit moved to MS's servers. "WIN10 best ever" in my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by daezi View Post
    Have fun everyone, getting your shit moved to MS's servers. "WIN10 best ever" in my ass.
    Uhm how is our stuff getting moved there?

Or are we going to start this whole "MS are spying on us" thing again?

Considering Windows 8.1 and 10 boast better performance issues over 7 then yes it is better.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-20 at 04:19 PM.

Deleted
    haha not sure it will affect a lot of people though the oldest I've seen is Windows 98 being used by the local Chinese takeout so their screwed

Quote Originally Posted by velentry View Post
    haha not sure it will affect a lot of people though the oldest I've seen is Windows 98 being used by the local Chinese takeout so their screwed
    To be honest there are some computers that still run DOS for basic management stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Uhm how is our stuff getting moved there?

Or are we going to start this whole "MS are spying on us" thing again?

Considering Windows 8.1 and 10 boast better performance issues over 7 then yes it is better.
    What "thing"? Clearly you have no idea then, not my problem.

Consider your 1% as "better", not going to sell my personal stuff for random people.

Quote Originally Posted by daezi View Post
    What "thing"? Clearly you have no idea then, not my problem.

Consider your 1% as "better", not going to sell my personal stuff for random people.
    So we are going with the "they are spying on us and taking our info" line then?

Hate to tell you but Google, Apple and a hell of a lot of other companies have been doing Data Collection long before Microsoft.

Also

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10

Usage share of 27% on traditional PCs and slowly climbing. Once 7 extended support ends the numbers will climb since 10 is designed to be supported for as long as possible with each big update.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-20 at 04:27 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, anyone who values performance would have upgraded to at least 8 or greater.
    Windows 7 for life 8-10 blow.

15+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Redwyrm;46588223]Damn you Windows 10. NEVAAAAAAAR

Where does it say u need windows 10?

If u havnt upgraded to windows 7 or 8 by now, thats YOUR problem. windows 7 and 8 will be unaffacted, maybe the 12 ppl still stuck in 2000 thats using XP on thir home PC.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    Who is honestly still using Windows XP or Vista? I mean i know somewhere in the world that may be someones only choice but these OS are ancient now.
    Funnily, Windows XP is still ahead of Windows 8 in terms of usage

(ofc, it comes mainly from poor countries and it's unlikely to be used for gaming rigs, but it's still amusing, and I can hardly let pass an occasion to piss on Windows 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Funnily, Windows XP is still ahead of Windows 8 in terms of usage

(ofc, it comes mainly from poor countries and it's unlikely to be used for gaming rigs, but it's still amusing, and I can hardly let pass an occasion to piss on Windows 8)
    Mainly because 10 was designed to replace 8.1. 10 is basically what 8.1 should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Windows 7 for life 8-10 blow.
    So, you are in the old OS boat - like our XP friends.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Is there any reason you are avoiding the huge memory and HDD performance enhancements from 8 on ?

I think anyone who is stuck on Windows 7 has no right to criticise people stuck on Windows XP
    My computers good enough I don't have to care that 8-10 preform better 0 performance problems with 7 0 reasons to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    My computers good enough
    Well, if you don't like the huge performance improvements from 8+.. maybe you could try the WOW DOS client ...