Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well, if you don't like the huge performance improvements from 8+.. maybe you could try the WOW DOS client ...
    Why are you so concerned over someone not choosing to upgrade their pc if it is fine for them?

Is there any reason you are avoiding the huge memory and HDD performance enhancements from 8 on ?

I think anyone who is stuck on Windows 7 has no right to criticise people stuck on Windows XP
    in my case it's partly because I absolutely despite the GUI of Windows 8 and 10 and prefer to stick with what I'm used to. that and it's a huge pain in the arse to install a new OS since half the games then need to be reinstalled to work properly (assuming they even work at all in the newer OS)

I know I'll have to upgrade eventually, but I'm hoping to put it off as long as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why are you so concerned over someone not choosing to upgrade their pc if it is fine for them?
    This whole thread is about old OSes like Windows 7 .... why are you concerned about it ?

Now the answer... Windows 7 is holding back development, just like other ancient things like XP.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

This whole thread is about old OSes like Windows 7 .... why are you concerned about it ?

Now the answer... Windows 7 is holding back development, just like other ancient things like XP.
    Evidence that 7 is holding back development?

I'm not concerned. Just curious why you are pushing your opinion on someone who clearly doesn't want to nor has to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    in my case it's partly because I absolutely despite the GUI of Windows 8 and 10
    Ah - so you don't like the Windows 7 style of UI.

Personally - I spend my time in apps, not looking at the desktop, but each to their own

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you don't like the huge performance improvements from 8+.. maybe you could try the WOW DOS client ...

What possible performance upgrades could I get? I can runs games on the highest settings with well over 100 fps programs open with no delay and start up takes next to no time I can't see any possible benefits of upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    As long as I can keep my Win7 I'm fine
    cancer .
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far. I can't believe you deny the use of further deciding to even want to do look more like, when the rest of us have decided to need a want. Go ahead, go want to do look more like further than a half. It gets you nowhere, I can tell you that.

So, you are in the old OS boat - like our XP friends.
    Like the vast majority of people actually - Win10 is barely half the market share of 7.

And BTW, "newer" doesn't mean "better". That's why we have two different words for it.

Ah - so you don't like the Windows 7 style of UI.

Personally - I spend my time in apps, not looking at the desktop, but each to their own
    To be fair 8.1 and the whole Start Screen was pretty crap.

Evidence that 7 is holding back development?
    Well, if we talk Windows 10 v Windows 7 - and we are sticking to game type stuff. How about 3-D and voice APIs. Full use of fast drives M-2 etc. Ability to better manage memory in apps.

Well, if we talk Windows 10 v Windows 7 - and we are sticking to game type stuff. How about 3-D and voice APIs. Full use of fast drives M-2 etc. Ability to better manage memory in apps.
    Source? I'd like some source on this other than your word of mouth please.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I know many won't be hindered by this. It was just strange that they aren't just stopping support for older OS's, the games just won't run anymore. Probably a reason, but just seems harsh.
    When Blizzard deploys patches, they have to build separate versions to ensure that the game will function on the end user's machine. If they stop support for Windows XP and Vista, then that's two entire operating systems that no longer obligate attention. This forces the hands of those that still function on the aforementioned operating systems, and it cuts a bit of work out of the developers' day... which would be nice, I'm sure.

Also, they just aren't worth running anymore.
    "Hope can turn into despair in a heartbeat."
    R.I.P Chester Bennington 1976-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    And BTW, "newer" doesn't mean "better".
    Indeed, Windows 8+ gets a tick on both columns. That's just measurable fact.

Anyway - my point is, old OS users should look at why they are avoiding better, before criticising others for doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorecien View Post
    When Blizzard deploys patches, they have to build separate versions to ensure that the game will function on the end user's machine. If they stop support for Windows XP and Vista, then that's two entire operating systems that no longer obligate attention. This forces the hands of those that still function on the aforementioned operating systems, and it cuts a bit of work out of the developers' day... which would be nice, I'm sure.

Also, they just aren't worth running anymore.
    Vista was never worth running in the first place. And that is being kind.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    What possible performance upgrades could I get? I can runs games on the highest settings with well over 100 fps programs open with no delay and start up takes next to no time I can't see any possible benefits of upgrading.
    win 10 boots significantly faster than 7? especially on low spec machines? what are u talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    For the love of god stay the hell away from Windows 8.
    Eh most of 8.1's stuff is fixed now. But yeah 10 is miles ahead.

Source? I'd like some source on this other than your word of mouth please.
    Do the same google searches I have done, I'm not about to fall for the fake news trap by giving you a single source.

Do the same google searches I have done, I'm not about to fall for the fake news trap by giving you a single source.
    Why would I call it fake news? If you link me a source I'll read it. Just asking you to provide proof of your claim.

Burden of proof is on you to provide a source. If you don't want to then fine.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-20 at 04:47 PM.

Indeed, Windows 8+ gets a tick on both columns. That's just measurable fact.

Anyway - my point is, old OS users should look at why they are avoiding better, before criticising others for doing the same.
    Oooh a blind and dumb fanboy that is confusing "my shitty tastes" with "facts". How original.

7+ Year Old Account
    lol who uses xp or shitttty vista in 2017?