Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    About time, waste of resources, really. If you're still on XP by now, then you are to blame a bit yourself. As for Vista, meh, it is outdated too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    No one uses XP or Vista. This is a non-issue.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Nothing of value lost, really...and I am referring to ditching XP/Vista at this point, not Blizzard games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Now the answer... Windows 7 is holding back development, just like other ancient things like XP.
    Did you SILLY just claim Windows 7 is the reason for our 16 slot bag pack?.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nico3337 View Post
    anyone using anything older than 10 are just stubborn.. it's clearly the best windows version you can have and the only reason to not use it is if you can't afford it or something...
    and there we found the DAU in this thread who thinks new = better...

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I know many won't be hindered by this. It was just strange that they aren't just stopping support for older OS's, the games just won't run anymore. Probably a reason, but just seems harsh.
    It's to remove code bloat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well considering Windows 7 Usage share is at 49% I highly doubt it's down to just stubbornness.

Also again £100 is a lot to some people.
    It's not even about it being "a lot" or not. Some people just aren't mindless drones spending money at the slightest stimuli. If you don't need something, what's the point paying for it, even 10 bucks ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Ascend, come to windows 7 service pack 1. Leave behind the death throes of XP and Badsta and come embrace the future.

But don't go too far, though. Windows 10 is basically assimilation-ware.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No one of note will be affected by this.
    This. Even the people who were all "ragh ragh Vista sucks I'm staying on XP forever!!" have upgraded to Win7 by now.

Deleted
    Nope. Again basic management stuff that runs in native MS-DOS. Nothing super important.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...e_aircraft.jpg

As I said nothing super important.
    Just to add some clarification to the confusion you should mention that they're heavily modified OS's and not your standard consumer versions.

I demand they keep supporting wow to run on my Windows 3.11!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    No one uses XP or Vista. This is a non-issue.
    Tell that to British Health Services.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Just to add some clarification to the confusion you should mention that they're heavily modified OS's and not your standard consumer versions.
    It's still native MS-DOS. But yeah I should have clarified that I do admit.

MS-DOS is still used as an enterprise version today though. While it is modified at the core it is still MS-DOS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I'm pretty sure the BHS uses 7 at least from what I've seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    20 years ago maybe not today.
    They use MS-DOS in server programming and farms a lot, since its free, open source, easy to use and code in (mostly because its been done to death) and above all doesn't require you to sign your company away to the jaws of a business deal with Microsoft. Plus I hear Linux server OS' are still kinda eh. I'd say it couldn't be worse than MS-DOS, but having known the nightmare of setting up my own Linux partition, it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Doubtful that anyone on HMS is also trying to grind out some AP as well with their ancient systems. Non-issue for Blizz's target audience is what I was saying.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    .......this has been on the official forums for about 6 months now. how is this news?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...3178086#post-1
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Is there any reason you are avoiding the huge memory and HDD performance enhancements from 8 on ?

I think anyone who is stuck on Windows 7 has no right to criticise people stuck on Windows XP
    I don't. In fact I was stuck on XP for a looong time after 7's release

Uhm how is our stuff getting moved there?

Or are we going to start this whole "MS are spying on us" thing again?

Considering Windows 8.1 and 10 boast better performance issues over 7 then yes it is better.
    My gaming laptop runs Windows 10. It's 'aight. There's nothing that really annoys me, it works. But then, I don't do anything on that laptop but play steam games, I don't use it for email or purchases or anything else. Maybe Netflix. I get the paranoia over 10, but I don't really care, there's nothing to see on my computer. If you're that into privacy, Linux/Unix is probably what you should be using.

I know many won't be hindered by this. It was just strange that they aren't just stopping support for older OS's, the games just won't run anymore. Probably a reason, but just seems harsh.
    Its not harsh, it would have been harsh if they announced it today to be effective august 1 for example. In this case they alread made a pre announcement i believe in februari and even now you still have 2 months and a week+ to either upgrade or a new system with a supported OS. Seems quite reasonable.

Most probably the reason why the games wont run anymore is that they will remove all legacy code from the either the games or the Battle.net launcher (or both) that is required for the games or the launcher to even work on XP / Vista, which can be positive towards future development.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main reason to do this is that old versions of Windows don't have certain newer system APIs available, and in many cases use of these APIs can significantly improve security, stability, performance, etc. Sometimes this affects basic functionality in systems shared across, e.g., an entire game engine, and maintaining two separate code paths indefinitely (or even briefly) may be untenable. So you just rip the bandage off and make the switch to unblock some other important work.

Win 8.1 4 lyfe!

Seriously. When the games I play support DX12, I will update to 10. Until then 8.1 it is!

I'm very hesitant when it comes to updating something as vital to my Comp as the OS. I never touch a new Windows in the first year to year-and-a-half of it's life, because most of the time until it gets it's first Service Pack a new Windows OS has many issues.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog