Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've read over the last few months about how aggressive he's been acting towards fans on his Twitter page, threatening to beat them up for liking the band's old stuff more than their newer. I think he's been in a dark place mentally for a while now. It's a damn shame when depression gets this bad, and I understand the whole "he had kids, how could he do this to them?" aspect of this; something that most normal feel when hearing news about a parent committing suicide...but at the same time, very deep depression plays tricks with your mind. I'm sure in his head he felt this would be better for his kids and everyone else. Trying to rid yourself of crippling depression and the thoughts it brings is like trying to will yourself to be healed of a broken leg or a physical illness, it's just not going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holding out hope that this is just a cruel joke until I see cited sources outside of TMZ, but fucking hell. This was the band I followed for longest time. The first real band I ever got into, and I always enjoyed their experimentation with music. I actually really enjoyed the new album...
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Deleted
    with all due respect, linkin park were shite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I suppose you could say that his wounds did not heal

huehuehue

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Holding out hope that this is just a cruel joke until I see cited sources outside of TMZ, but fucking hell. This was the band I followed for longest time. The first real band I ever got into, and I always enjoyed their experimentation with music. I actually really enjoyed the new album...
    Pretty much were I am at, everything links back to Tmz which itself doesn't provide any proof.

They were the reason i got into music when i was young. Really sucks to see him go. RIP

wow. remind me not to ever sing for STP.

My day was bad already and now it feels even worse I always liked his songs, but especially started to love his songs after he made the music for Transformers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvarion View Post
    Not saying this is bullshit, but do we have any other sources besides tmz saying this?
    Associated Press:
    https://twitter.com/AP/status/888106873659969536

On topic, RIP.

Deleted
    BBC confirmed it from the LA County Coroners office guys, it's legit.

Wow that's crazy, a few months ago I happened to be sitting near him, he was with his kids and seemed pretty happy at the time. This feels weird (in a bad way), I also loved Linkin Park when I was younger.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP one of the greatest of the 2000s. Grew up on their music, happy I was able to see them a few times including at blizzcon.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

This is very sad news.

Living Things was an underrated album too.

Guess I know what I'll be listening to for the next week or so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    I've read over the last few months about how aggressive he's been acting towards fans on his Twitter page, threatening to beat them up for liking the band's old stuff more than their newer. I think he's been in a dark place mentally for a while now. It's a damn shame when depression gets this bad, and I understand the whole "he had kids, how could he do this to them?" aspect of this; something that most normal feel when hearing news about a parent committing suicide...but at the same time, very deep depression plays tricks with your mind. I'm sure in his head he felt this would be better for his kids and everyone else. Trying to rid yourself of crippling depression and the thoughts it brings is like trying to will yourself to be healed of a broken leg or a physical illness, it's just not going to happen.
    he was pretty pissed at the reaction to heavy, there's a studio recording where they do a what would be considered hybrid theory version of the song and as he finish's and starts to walk off he " says "there's your fucking Hybrid theory" his frustration is understandable since what artist wants to do the same stuff all the time and a lot of fans don't like change

Damn that sucks. Grew up listening to them and they were one of my favorite bands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will the awesome musicians please stop killing themselves!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I never trust the first 24 - 48 hrs.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    and that folks, a pure example of how fame + money does not bring joy

but infact, can be the reason for depression, and a big one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how close they were but today would have been Chris Cornell's birthday and some are saying Chester and him were close friends