Quote Originally Posted by Nuvuk View Post
    I never trust the first 24 - 48 hrs.
    https://twitter.com/mikeshinoda/stat...12045190561793

Mike confirmed it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck, I thought all this would end in 2016 =(

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    poignant

A lot of Linkin Park's music dealt with depression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    A lot of Linkin Park's music dealt with depression.
    I get that; the video I linked was from their album in May.

Damn!

I wasn't a fan of their recent music and their departure from rock and direction towards pop... but nonetheless, an amazing artist, vocalist and some of their songs touched my heart. Very sad. But it was his decision to end his life... I respect his choice.

RIP!
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    rip...

such a shame

oh wow this sucks a lot. but suicide doesn't surprise me. being a musician on such a scale does something with you.

Deleted
    At first I was sad in a 'oh no what a shame! He wasn't old at all! Was he sick?'

Then I shed a tear when I read he has apparently hanged himself. That's a man in pain who needed help.

Thanks for the memories Chester \o/

15+ Year Old Account
    Grew up listening to Linkin Park. Haven't listened to anything after the Transformers song. Will remain in music history. Rest in peace.

7+ Year Old Account
    Suicide? WTF dude.

Thought he had a solid voice and was a solid song writer. RIP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Shit!!!!!

This is a shock, this makes me feel bad that I really slated their last album too.

But Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Minutes to Midnight, Living Things and The Hunting Party were pretty good albums...

I wouldn't consider myself a fan of them but I did continuously listen to them. And do really like their music. This is actually quite a shock because the man is still so young.

Their music was in that that era of me growing up, reminds me of my last years of school in that post grunge era, skateboarding and listening to that music... Good times

To say this band helped me alot in my angst ridden days is an understatement :*(

RIP Chester
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-07-20 at 07:33 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by bclumas View Post
    http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin...mmits-suicide/

My favorite album of all time was "Reanimation" by Linkin Park. I was so happy to finally catch their concert at BlizzCon. I hope he has found peace from whatever may have plagued him.
    Fucking Sucks! Nirvana was my favorite band in High School, Kirk Cobain offs himself, Linkin Park my favorite band in my 20's, Chester offs himself.

Fuck it, I am going to start listening to Justin Bieber.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP man. I love Linkin Park. I hope they carry on, keeping his memory alive.

I will admit that I haven't listened to their stuff in a long time but I did love their music and I'm sad to hear this. Rip Chester.

Keep Rollin Rollin Rollin...

as a guildy of mine just said. Until we informed him that was Limp Bizkit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rarely ever get sad when a celeb dies, but I've been listening to Linkin Park since I was 14. It's a sad day.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    I listen to Linkin Park a lot
    my condolences
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Listened to them growing up and having dealt with clinical depression myself their songs were weirdly cathartic . Enjoyed them at Blizzcon and a few other times and his voice that made a lot of their songs will be fondly remembered.

It's really sad to see someone feel like their only way out of the depths of depression is to take their own life. People who don't suffer from crippling depression should count their blessings because it can make you completely be unable to see happiness or reason that this life is precious and with proper medication and therapy it does get tolerable if not better.

If you know someone who is depressed please don't ever tell them to just "get over it", that's not how depression works and can make it worse. Try to be there for them, encourage them to seek therapy and treatment, and strongly suggest they call the national suicide prevention hotline the moment they have suicidal thoughts 1-800-273-TALK [8255].

Once again that's the national suicide prevention hotline 1-800-273-TALK [8255].

Rip Chester, and hope his family find peace in this tragic time.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, time to stay away from facebook for a few days
    Last edited by Grimbold21; 2017-07-20 at 07:54 PM.