Poll: Do you like Game of Thrones?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    Same because Fargo or The Sopranos are the best shows.
    Pfft. Westworld.

Deleted
    Yeah i enjoy watching it and i like the story, a few things i don't like but nothing that has stopped me from enjoying it.

I like the books more, and I haven't been a big fan of the changes they made in season 5 and the way they did season 6, but if you ignore the books it's not hard to see why it is the most popular show of all time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    I don't - it is just like a Spanish soap opera. Too low-fantasy too much focused on politics and side-bullshit.
    When I tuned in I expected it to be like the Dungeons and Dragons movie, instead I got Esmeralda with mentions of fantasy here and there.
    Overall it's just too shitty to watch, although sometimes has great scenes like the death of Joffrey.
    I can see how/why it wouldn't live up to those expectations.

The fantasy elements are really few and far between. It is 100% about the characterization, mirror of society, human nature, the politics, and "side-bullshit" but I love it.

In terms of the show rather than the book... I actually wish it had less sex/nudity (as those aren't huge details in the books) and maybe less gore... my wife would enjoy it more... at all... if it wasn't a... stereotypical HBO show.

I like it. But mostly because I like seeing all the deaths. I only really have any attachment to Captain Friendzone just because...dayum, that guy deserves a break somehow. I like that there's no real hero or anything, makes it more real, which is cool, but it also means there's no 'solid ground' to pitch your tent on... It's more like football free-for-all, and I ...despise football.

I like the world that's been built up as well.

I'd typically not like this sort of show, since it is low-end fantasy for the most part, and whatever fantasy there is feels a bit too...'clinical'? Like there's some explanation to it, except for the magic, of which there's quite little, or it's not flashy at all. It breaks some conventions. And ofc my pet-peeve with wyverns being called dragons. I mean sure, all wyverns are dragons, not all dragons are wyverns. Martin has stated that he made his dragons in accordance to existing creatures in our world, and that's a let-down to me, because dragons are dragons...they're these enigmatic, entirely unique, majestic creatures, usually very intelligent, very greedy, and you don't mess with that shit unless you want to die. I understand why Martin made them the way that he did, but I just find that boring...they're just animals. Granted, very dangerous animals, but animals nonetheless. They have some intellect, just not enough if you ask me... But again, just my own opinion.

So yeah...I like it, but there are some things that entirely prevent me from loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    Same because Fargo or The Sopranos are the best shows.
    Sopranos is great but I didn't get as attached to the characters as GoT. And I'm a major fan of mob flicks/stories.

I have to say that I used to like it more.

Too many plotholes in the latest seasons.

Let's see how the current one goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    The show's got great characters and a surprising plot. Characters like Jaime, Sansa, Tyrion, and the Hound are complex and it's difficult to decide how you feel about them. There are surprising twists where the good guys lose catastrophically. All in all, I think those elements make for a show that's fundamentally different from most out there.
    I suppose so. I watched the first three episodes, didn't care for the characters, just seemed like everyone was set on killing others just to instill surprise in the viewer. I couldn't handle the death of that poor domesticated dire wolf though lol
    I've heard people complain about the amount of sex or incest in the show as well. Not sure if they dialed that down or not.

I don't - it is just like a Spanish soap opera. Too low-fantasy too much focused on politics and side-bullshit.
    When I tuned in I expected it to be like the Dungeons and Dragons movie, instead I got Esmeralda with mentions of fantasy here and there.
    Overall it's just too shitty to watch, although sometimes has great scenes like the death of Joffrey.
    The whole show is the definition of fantasy. I don't know how they would "mention fantasy" tbh.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    The whole show is the definition of fantasy. I don't know how they would "mention fantasy" tbh.
    Please tell me you're just trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes

6 episodes sounds too short for the final season, but I'll watch it before judging it.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Please tell me you're just trolling.
    Was thinking the same thing...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I like the books but I wouldn't say there amazing like I would with say storm light or other sanders books but there still pretty decent. The show id say is pretty good but he never been a fan of slot of the pointless nudity and sex and don't think it adds much to the show.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think its a great show and i enjoy watching it, even i have not liked the direction some of the story arcs the last season. For instance, the whole story plot with dorne just felt like a mismanaged story and so on. Still it is a great show and i look forward to every episode

Another post about someone's opinion, wtf am I supposed to do with this?

7+ Year Old Account
    I liked first 3 seasons. It was like breath of fresh air. But when Dumb And Dumber started rushing show and cutting book content show's quality dropped. At this moment its become another fantasy TV show with predictable story. GoT died with Robb, Catelyn and rest of the North during Red Wedding.

PS I admitted people who didn't read books crazy love show and call it best show ever made. Can't blame them - their IQ probably don't allow them to read books.

PS If don't count books then GoT is GOOD. But if you counting show as book adaptation made for fans of ASoIaF then last 2 seasons is complete insult and disrespect to GRRM and fans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rise of the Leviathan View Post
    If you don't like Game Of Thrones...

Another braindead fan of D&D shit fanfic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    As for killing characters, we kinda have to lay this on GRRM's feet. Most of the dead characters, apart from a few that died in later seasons, are also dead in the books. And let's just say a lot of people share your opinion of Dany's poor plotline, but that's also in the books.

I do agree that some characters should have stayed alive. Oberyn is the absolute best example, in both book and show. Especially in the show, Pedro Pascal did a great job, the character had presence and charisma, and an ongoing plot yet to be resolved. He dies, and who replaces him? Doran who doesn't do shit? Mad Queen Ellaria? The Sand freaking Snakes that have less depth than Fast and Furious-esque B movie bad girls? For frick's sake, the best thing about the entire Dorne plot since S5 was Tyrene's nice rack.

Barristan dying to some no name mooks also sucked, and this time it's a full on show invention.
    Doran/Barristan/Stannis/Myrcella/Tommen/Margaery/Loras/Asha/Rickon/Mance and many more from last two seasons dead only on show. GRRM never written stupid/pointless/shock deaths. All of them have purpose and reasons. For example even Robb's wife (not TV shit fanfiction Talisa) is still alive.
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2017-07-20 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I liked first 3 seasons. It was like breath of fresh air. But when Dumb And Dumber started rushing show and cutting book content show's quality dropped. At this moment its become another fantasy TV show with predictable story. GoT died with Robb, Catelyn and rest of the North during Red Wedding.

PS I admitted people who didn't read books crazy love show and call it best show ever made. Can't blame them - their IQ probably don't allow them to read books.

PS If don't count books then GoT is GOOD. But if you counting show as book adaptation made for fans of ASoIaF then last 2 seasons is complete insult and disrespect to GRRM and fans.

- - - Updated - - -

Another braindead fan of D&D shit fanfic.

- - - Updated - - -

Matter of opinion when it comes to shows, Calling people brain dead over an opinion as well as insinuating low IQ's over not reading the books, good luck making friends with that attitude in life. You could say the same for practically every other show. You should know by now that at some point they're gonna deviate from books /comics, though guess you lack the common sense to grasp that. I'd be surprised if you do / still own a Netflix subscription based on that view.

TLDR - Don't be an Arsehole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    it is for me, the best tv series made to date. nothing is really close. if i consider GoT a 10, the next best would be a 7.5
    Band of Brothers for me, but GoT is still entertaining, at least compared to the walking dead.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    I loved the first 2 seasons just like the walking dead but then it just started getting stupid with killing everyone off for shock value and throwing in pointless sex scenes to kill time so I gave up on it.

I don't care if these shows are based on books and comics. Killing everyone off doesn't translate to TV. It would be like if Breaking Bad killed off Walter White at the end of season 1.
    Except that GoT runs multiple story lines and there's no single main character.
    Breaking bad has one main story line. Perhaps a couple more if you're pushing it (and I fucking loved BB).

The fact that there's so many theories and a massive community passionate about the books, translating it onto a series was always going to be a near impossible task.

A lot of last season was below standard.
    Season 3 and 4 were the pinnacle. Hoping the last 12 episodes see the series off in style.

I don't personally understand the hate D&D get. Yes, there's been some questionable moments, but on the whole, they had a dream to bring ASOIAF to the big screens, and they've succeeded in ways I bet they couldn't imagine and have entertained millions in the process.

Fair play.
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2017-07-20 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    I like the books but I wouldn't say there amazing like I would with say storm light or other sanders books but there still pretty decent. The show id say is pretty good but he never been a fan of slot of the pointless nudity and sex and don't think it adds much to the show.
    I'd LOVE a Stormlight tv series

There's always going to be people who moan about how a book series is adapted onto the screen. You literally can't satisfy these people.

Now if you want to debate pieces of the book that would have better served the story that's fine, but you cannot literally translate everything, certain things just can't be executed well on screen - like bringing back a brilliant female actor to be a (for the most part) mute zombie