Ravager + T20 2PC

With T20 2PC/4PC, do I use Ravager on CD even though it won't line up with BC, or do I save it for BC and essentially forget I have a 2PC? This is without CoF or the leg helm, of course.
    Last edited by Begrooved; 2017-07-19 at 11:53 AM.

You should always use them togther, unless you can snipe some dps before a transition and it's ready after that, or if the boss is about to die anyway. I know it kinda sucks that you have to save it, but that's how it is.

That's why "most" Warrior's use Bladestorm, unless they have a high level Conversion of Fate.

from my experience, its ravager beats ops in MOST fights. I have t20 4 set, and i still sync. Using convergance gets u ca 10-15 seconds off ravager / bc timer. , so its every 45-50 seconds big burst compared to every minute, and you have a little more uptime of curropted blood and the helm buff, but its only worth it if u can make effective ae use of it. In most fights i tend to keep ravager / bc for a few seconds only to have it ready to hit something, so the 2set for arms is really worthless if ravager is choosen.

If u find yourself in a situation where u just sit on boss and want to deal the maximum dps without ever holding cds for events like addspawn, and use everything right, than cof can beat a modern good trinket IF u get an additional ravager /bc kombo out of it.

BUT
    Ravager still beats Bladestorm + OPS for me in most situation (i tried and swapped around alot) because while ravager u can still hit stuff (more globals = better, u make better use of your corrupted blood, u still have high uptime on your helmet buff, and bladestorm doesnt come down to 1 minute every single time from 2set, so you loose helmet buff uptime anyway) (and u can try and make ravager casted ms + your own ms /execute proc consume the same Tacticion proc, so both profit (with some practice and luck, u can reproduce this behaviour, its similar to frostmages double lance).

Another argument against bladestorm: it is almost guaranteed to overcap your rage. So having rage that u cannot spent is always bad for dps.

The only reason why i would choose OPS over ravager is if i would take fervor of battle (because bladestorm serves as a rage generator in a situation where you would be waiting for rage anyway, but i personally never found a fight in the new instance where fervor was in favor for me.

Cleaving, sweeping striking and normal whirlwinding while adds are up does way more for me than the 80 % more dmg on one target while whirlwinding and beeing too low on rage for anything during your only 8 second duration ae cs.

The only dps relevant talent that i never change in heroic and the first 3 mythic bosses is Titanic might and ravager.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    from my experience, its ravager beats ops in MOST fights. I have t20 4 set, and i still sync. Using convergance gets u ca 10-15 seconds off ravager / bc timer. , so its every 45-50 seconds big burst compared to every minute, and you have a little more uptime of curropted blood and the helm buff, but its only worth it if u can make effective ae use of it. In most fights i tend to keep ravager / bc for a few seconds only to have it ready to hit something, so the 2set for arms is really worthless if ravager is choosen.

If u find yourself in a situation where u just sit on boss and want to deal the maximum dps without ever holding cds for events like addspawn, and use everything right, than cof can beat a modern good trinket IF u get an additional ravager /bc kombo out of it.

BUT
    Ravager still beats Bladestorm + OPS for me in most situation (i tried and swapped around alot) because while ravager u can still hit stuff (more globals = better, u make better use of your corrupted blood, u still have high uptime on your helmet buff, and bladestorm doesnt come down to 1 minute every single time from 2set, so you loose helmet buff uptime anyway) (and u can try and make ravager casted ms + your own ms /execute proc consume the same Tacticion proc, so both profit (with some practice and luck, u can reproduce this behaviour, its similar to frostmages double lance).

Another argument against bladestorm: it is almost guaranteed to overcap your rage. So having rage that u cannot spent is always bad for dps.

The only reason why i would choose OPS over ravager is if i would take fervor of battle (because bladestorm serves as a rage generator in a situation where you would be waiting for rage anyway, but i personally never found a fight in the new instance where fervor was in favor for me.

Cleaving, sweeping striking and normal whirlwinding while adds are up does way more for me than the 80 % more dmg on one target while whirlwinding and beeing too low on rage for anything during your only 8 second duration ae cs.

The only dps relevant talent that i never change in heroic and the first 3 mythic bosses is Titanic might and ravager.
    This is my experience as well. I don't think OpS can hold a candle right now to Ravager, even on fights where OpS is considered the better choice like Goroth. Running Helm/Ayala's, in one Ravager/BC cooldown sub 20% I can do around 1/3 of the damage OpS does over an entire fight thanks to the 4-5 Executes you get during the Ravager channel. The extra Mortal Strike from Bladestorm and the superior Rage generation of OpS just don't seem to be enough compared to Ravager's additional GCDs.