Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    The retcon? Remember how he stabbed his own torn out heart that he kept frozen under the lake to fully and irreversably kill off his own humanity?

Well after he died it turns out he totally had his humanity left and was keeping the Scourge in check otherwise they would have swarmed over Azeroth unchecked( as if they weren't doing that in the first place). Except the Forsaken show that most undead act totally normal with no Lich King around.
    Ahh good point. I had totally forgotten that.

I would love to come up with a way to reconcile that because I thought both were great story points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I think if he went missing after his failure at Frozen Throne and occassionally showed up in story, it would be much better development. I like him as outcast with high ambitions, but vulnerable to his desires.

I am trying to say he should have been Túrin Turambar of WoW.
    That's pretty much Maiev though isn't it? She is also a sort of outcast who dose a lot of questionable shit that would make Sylvanas uncomfortable, because she believes that is what is needed to protect/restore the Night Elf society to glory.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Aduin is pretty far up as well and hasn't had any real miss steps same with wrathion.
    Well to be fair he had very little involvement in the story untill MoP and he skipped WoD. So he didn't really have time for missteps. If he's still good in 9.0 he will stay.

By the way. Her entire story was covered in Vanilla and eventually removed in WotLK for good, but what of Lady Katrana Prestor? Her scheamings esd pretty much responsible for the status quo in the southern eastern kingdoms and she was indirectly responsible to the best questlines: Defias Brotherhood, Lescover Incident, Missing Dimplomat, and the attunement questline for Onyxia's lair.
    Sure, it was back in the days when there was no main storyline so most of her interactions with the player was as a bigass dragon, but still. She was among the first villains created for WoW and not just carried over from WC 1-3
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2017-07-20 at 08:33 PM.

Moira Thaurissan
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty much Maiev though isn't it? She is also a sort of outcast who dose a lot of questionable shit that would make Sylvanas uncomfortable, because she believes that is what is needed to protect/restore the Night Elf society to glory.

Well to be fair he had very little involvement in the story untill MoP and he skipped WoD. So he didn't really have time for missteps. If he's still good in 9.0 he will stay.

By the way. Her entire story was covered in Vanilla and eventually removed in WotLK for good, but what of Lady Katrana Prestor? Her scheamings esd pretty much responsible for the status quo in the southern eastern kingdoms and she was indirectly responsible to the best questlines: Defias Brotherhood, Lescover Incident, Missing Dimplomat, and the attunement questline for Onyxia's lair.
    Sure, it was back in the days when there was no main storyline so most of her interactions with the player was as a bigass dragon, but still. She was among the first villains created for WoW and not just carried over from WC 1-3
    The problem with ony's story is she ends up just being a big dragon in a hole in the end. Unlike Neth who does all his crap in bwl.

I'd say Arthas since it seems like we're debating Warcraft in general, although his story was only really great during Wc3. It was interesting seeing your main character go more and more ruthless and things like his interactions with Jaina and the interesting moral dilemma that was the purging of Stratholme. Too bad it had to end up with being possessed by a malicious sword, but hey, at least it was fairly well-made, at least for warcraft standards.

I also quite enjoy Garrosh and Jaina. Garrosh is pretty much the same as Arthas although his vision of the Iron Horde and not being possessed by random magical evil thingy makes it a bit interesting on its own. Jaina is straight up a war victim, growing colder and more hateful the more death and despair she's forced to witness, which is quite a lot and her progression though the series, although it isn't the most interesting one, makes much sense. It's especially interesting comparing her to the girl she was in War3, she's probably the one that has had the biggest realistic change in character over the years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    The problem with ony's story is she ends up just being a big dragon in a hole in the end. Unlike Neth who does all his crap in bwl.
    True. His brother was very good at being a mad scientist. I wonder if things would have ended up being different if Vanilla had a real storyline. Imagine if she ended up being the final boss.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    True. His brother was very good at being a mad scientist. I wonder if things would have ended up being different if Vanilla had a real storyline. Imagine if she ended up being the final boss.
    Would have Been nice classic did good on the whole world thing but pretty terrible on story.

Jaina, hands down. Her story really is just 100% solid. She's a flesh and bones character with her own motivations, desires and plans. Life gave her so much shit, but she managed to stay true to her ideals for so long, against all odds, and sometimes reason. No stupid deus ex machina regarding her character, either.

Sylvanas and Genn are two other good candidates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Azshara (Although we've barely seen her), Tyrande in legion, Sylvanas, Jaina and Anduin are som faves.

I think Tyrande has been amazing this expansion, they really nailed the protective mother figure feeling she's sort of always had. And I think the quests in val'sharah with her and Malfurion were beautiful.. and i hate all these damn hetero couples so that's saying something. How Tyrande told us about their love and how much they meant to each other on more than just a romantic level was amazing and refreshing, and in the end Tyrande was the hero, not Malfurion. I loved how she got to be strong but still vulnerable while depicting Malfurion as distressed and sad. I also love that Tyrande chose Elune in the end even though it pained her, idk I just love Tyrande.

Also imma throw an unpopular opinion in here, I don't think Arthas is necessarily written badly but.. like chill, he's not that amazing. His story is still pretty basic and although it's sad.. so are the stories of a lot of characters.

Yeah he was pretty nice. Shame he wasn't around for longer.
    He made it across nearly 2 full Xpacs, thats a better record than most. And look at all the shit he caused

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I would say Deathwing.

All his storyline was epic. The way they created this deep character and created an whole expansion around it was very well done
    And then you hear his derpy dialogue, contrived voice, and experience 2 monotonous fights with him and completely forget how cool his intro was.

Deleted
    Ye Jaina is an AMAZING character. Her entire reaction and change in attitude was entirely understandable. I'm glad blizz is letting her be angry, she's got more reason to be than most.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Always had a thing for the mages of the universe. Liked Khadgar until he started joking around... Kael or Kel'Thuzad I guess. If not the obvious Medivh. Their storytelling has always been a joke with the retconning though. As if the lore and universe weren't complicated enough already they just invite fans to hate it more the longer you've been following their lore.

Arthas is by far the most compelling, but also the only one they put real effort into.

Everyone else is kind of half-baked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    And then you hear his derpy dialogue, contrived voice, and experience 2 monotonous fights with him and completely forget how cool his intro was.
    Cata butchered the character. The cunning Deathwing of the past was no more, just a hollow hurrdurring battering ram of the Old Gods. Out of all the shit storytelling in Cata, just look at how Deathwing handled the Dragon Soul, the artifact he knew better than anyone else and one with which he made even Archimonde withdraw before his Old God upgrades. And yet, despite knowing it's transported by Thrall alone, before it was powered up to affect him, instead of going at his beloved trinket (to the point he dived face-first into an imploding Well of Eternity in an attempt to retrieve it) himself, he sent fucking Benedictus. Who already messed up with Chromatus.

And then, even though he knew the Aspects would use the Focusing Iris to unseal it, despite the fact that it's something Kalec came up with on the spot in the middle of the raid, he didn't steal the Iris to shit all over their plans. He just sent some random mook to spring a trap. And why help Ultraxion kill the Aspects before they charge up the Dragon Soul. He could have collapsed Wyrmrest on their heads, but nah, let him do all the work. And then just eat Dragon Soul blast to the face like an idiot. OK, dropping it here before I delve too deep into the bullshit that was Cata.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-07-20 at 09:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Varian Wyrnn and Genn Greymane (and I don't like Genn at all). They both make sense, Varian I like more because he's a tragic hero and I'm a sucker for them. Varian started off after being rescued/escaping the fighting pits as an orc hating angry alliance leader... Which all made sense... As a warrior king... Which made sense... And you see his character change and grow as he is faced with new challenges and dillemas. Going from fighting garrosh and damning the horde to letting voljin go and lead them after 2 expansions, finally ending his life after sacrificing for theregular soldiers of stormwind on a gunship. Heroic and tragic story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    He made it across nearly 2 full Xpacs, thats a better record than most. And look at all the shit he caused
    True, but really. After he died all we had left were angry demons, angry tentacle monsters, and angry giant void walkers. All with a single minded goal to destroy and/or corrupt.

Like in Game of Thrones. Ramsay is dead, Cersei is probably not going to stick around much seeing as pretty much everyone hates her. After that all we have are ice zombies with zero depth so far.

In Wow AU Gul'dan was Ramsay, Azshara is Cersei (fitting I suppose) and with Sargeras taken care of that leaves the Void Lords as the ice zombies.

True, but really. After he died all we had left were angry demons, angry tentacle monsters, and angry giant void walkers. All with a single minded goal to destroy and/or corrupt.

Like in Game of Thrones. Ramsay is dead, Cersei is probably not going to stick around much seeing as pretty much everyone hates her. After that all we have are ice zombies with zero depth so far.

In Wow AU Gul'dan was Ramsay, Azshara is Cersei (fitting I suppose) and with Sargeras taken care of that leaves the Void Lords as the ice zombies.
    It gave us Illidan back

Deleted
    If Anduin turned out to be gay it'd be him.

For now Arthas, Kil'Jaeden, Illidan.

I also liked Lorthemar in MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    It gave us Illidan back
    And he ended up with a laughably bad character arc. Guy should have stayed dead-

Quote Originally Posted by Shedarion View Post
    If Anduin turned out to be gay it'd be him.
    Why that specifically?