Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Um, what voltage do power outlets run on in America? I've been electrocuted off the 240v mains in the UK several times and it never resulted in anything more than a momentary bee-sting level of pain.
    Because you were dry. The current you were shocked with probably went through just your hand or arm and only through one specific path. If you're wet, your entire body becomes the path. Our skin is surprisingly resistant and it takes a decent amount of voltage to "puncture" it, but wet or sweaty skin lowers our resistance. Also, poking your skin will help. Don't be the idiot that pokes both palms with an ohmmeter, because you will die (it has happened).
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

hahahahahah n1.
    I knew someone who lost her husband.
    He used a heairdryer in during a bath.
    But this story is even funier.

15+ Year Old Account
    I suppose we need a health and safety class at young ages in school to teach this stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Some people live to die stupidly.

Deleted
    Watch this, TLDR is at the end i guess.

This is such a tragedy that doesn’t need to happen to anyone else
    It's a 'tragedy' that only happens to uneducated idiots. The girl was 14 and didn't know you can't use electronics while 90%+ of your body is submerged in water?

Like ffs, how stupid can you be at 14?

"And we want something good to come out of this as awareness of not using your cell phone in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging."
    Are you fucking kidding me. HOW IS THAT NOT OBVIOUS ALREADY?! You needed awareness to know this? Do you also need awareness that shooting people with a gun or stabbing them with a knife causes bad things?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by PaterMDx View Post
    hahahahahah n1.
    Not sure if trolling or just a dickhead.... Anyway, this story has been updated. The girl didn't drop the phone in the tub while she was using it. She used an extension cord so that her charger could reach the tub and touched a frayed bit of it while still wet. For whatever reason her parents used the opportunity to make up some kind of campaign against using phones in the bath tub.

Either way, it's pretty fucked up seeing all the people saying shit like "haha natural selection". Don't think people would feel the same way if it was one of their own family members, much less a child or sibling. It's obviously stupid to use any kind of electronic device while in the bath but at least try to have a little compassion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Um, what voltage do power outlets run on in America? I've been electrocuted off the 240v mains in the UK several times and it never resulted in anything more than a momentary bee-sting level of pain.
    North American mains run at 120V.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Also: A GoFundMe!?!? For WHAT??? "Oh person dead. Let's gather some money for... dunno... fuck's sake!!"
    Funerals aren't free.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

We need warning labels.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    No. We need parents that aren't fucking stupid and actually care to teach their kids life-lessons. Schools are burdened with WAY too much educating as it is. They were invented to make you fit for work. Making a kid fit for life has always been and still should be the parents' chore. Parents of a 14 year old that dies because of such a mundane issue that is easily taught to a 5 year old shouldn't have had any kids in the first place. This is NOT the responsibility of any school, nor should it be made one.

Luckily, in my family some form of common knowledge and natural ability to raise kids still exists. So things like this have next to no chance of happening. Seriously, it really IS a form of natural selection that is going on here. If those parents weren't able to make their kids ready for life, they themselves weren't made fit for kids. Thus it took two generations of utter failure to get to this point already - I'd say it is a good point to eradicate such a lineage, preventing such inability and idiocy from spreading.
    Young people today are too pampered and too unfit to take care of themselves already, we really don't need to foster such traits artificially through yet even MORE warnings and/or regulations. Yes it may be a tragedy for the directly involved people. But you really need to ask yourself what led to this, and how such a line might had continued.

Also: A GoFundMe!?!? For WHAT??? "Oh person dead. Let's gather some money for... dunno... fuck's sake!!" - wha? I can't even... And people even fall for such scams... What am I doing in THIS kind of world? *sigh*
    I'm not saying it's the schools fault, but the more avenues of learning, the better.

Luckily, in my family some form of common knowledge and natural ability to raise kids still exists. So things like this have next to no chance of happening. Seriously, it really IS a form of natural selection that is going on here. If those parents weren't able to make their kids ready for life, they themselves weren't made fit for kids. Thus it took two generations of utter failure to get to this point already - I'd say it is a good point to eradicate such a lineage, preventing such inability and idiocy from spreading.
    Cool, so if you ever have a family member that loses a child due to a mistake of their own doing, either out of ignorance or negligence, I'm sure you'll be there to let them know they deserved to die to strengthen their genetic lineage.

I guess some people just aren't thinking about the implications of using electronic devices while in a bathtub.. Sucks for the family though and the girl obviously.. dying at the age of 14 is just not right.

This is what happens when science is not a priority in ones life long education.

10+ Year Old Account
    Natural selection. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    sigh... Millenials.

14 years old is not a millennial she is way too young. She's iGeneration or generation z

Quote Originally Posted by PaterMDx View Post
    hahahahahah n1.
    you mean she dropped it in while he was in there?

People get too comfortable with items today. We had to not talk on the phone because the land line could send you a big jolt in a lightning storm. I imagine a lot of young folks don't even think about where they are and what they are holding/touching.

Well there aren't any warning labels on cell phone cords.........there will be now.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Well there aren't any warning labels on cell phone cords.........there will be now.
    The label is on the box/package

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    sigh... Millenials.
    lol cause only millenials electrocute themselves in the bath tub