Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Demon Hunters will "go forward" like DK and Monk. You'll be able to make one and play one. Nothing else will change.
    BLIZ has said they would CONSIDER that maybe in the future, more races are able to train as Demon Hunters because it is very limiting but that they wanted, atleast, the launch to be about the races that have always been associated with them.

Personally, I'd rather they not until they fix the game file conflicts the D.H.s created.
    That was not welcome at all. So if they never expand? Fine by me. We don't need more issues.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    I know what you mean but let's be honest Meta was always a bit strange for locks, they are the master of demons but not one themselves.
    I don't know dude, after so many years having the spell, it becomes part of the class. Players got attached. They could've made it look less Illidan'ny, maybe using something like the transformation Gul'dan uses. He's no demon, nor demon hunter,, but can manifest his powers like that. We could too... but now we can't because the DH needed to feel unique.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    I know what you mean but let's be honest Meta was always a bit strange for locks, they are the master of demons but not one themselves.

- - - Updated - - -
    I'd have to disagree, it very much felt appropriate for their spec. They are the master of demons, it makes sense that they should momentarily be able to be one. And after it's been in the game for so long, it just kinda sucks that it was removed because god forbid two classes have similar abilities (that don't function in the same ways, might i add). I dunno, I'm just kinda bitter cause I used to main a demonology warlock, felt less demonology-esque when you suddenly forget how to use your meta.

Deleted
    Well actually Illidan showed on many instances that DH Fel abilities counter Void, so that's what we are gonna do.
    Illidan many times literally felfucked void abilities, be it in CoeN or ToS.

We will do the same thing, but with "I have dedicated my life to destroying the Burning Legio-, The Void Lords! That's right!"

Oh, and
    "Lord Illidan knows the wa-, knows Argus pretty well..."

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    "didn't have enough thematic" = quickier and cheaper to just make 2 specs.

A Void Demon Hunter? Hmm... I don't know if you can kill and eat a Voidthing's heart to have it's powers. But it would look cool. Warlocks could probably do it better tho, they already mess with void stuff. Demon Hunters have no prior experience.
    In theory I could see it working, people have been wanting Shadow Hunters for a while now, so why not instead of tying the whole thing to a new class and need to come up with more specs, why not just have Alleria teach Demon Hunters how to wield a bow and be Void/Shadow Hunters.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    In theory I could see it working, people have been wanting Shadow Hunters for a while now, so why not instead of tying the whole thing to a new class and need to come up with more specs, why not just have Alleria teach Demon Hunters how to wield a bow and be Void/Shadow Hunters.
    Becaaause no Shadow Hunter did Demon Hunter trainiing before <_< It's a very specific occupation, the Shadow Hunter. You can't simply pick up Elven half-demonic brawlers, slap void-magic, and call it "a Shadow Hunter". Lore is already butchered but let's not bury it! The Shadow Hunter is spiritual, and mysterious, and shouldn't be easily classified by things like "he uses Shadow and Void magicks!".

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Becaaause no Shadow Hunter did Demon Hunter trainiing before <_< It's a very specific occupation, the Shadow Hunter. You can't simply pick up Elven half-demonic brawlers, slap void-magic, and call it "a Shadow Hunter". Lore is already butchered but let's not bury it! The Shadow Hunter is spiritual, and mysterious, and shouldn't be easily classified by things like "he uses Shadow and Void magicks!".
    At this point I consider lore buried lol. Might as well commit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, they could finally give us that healing spec they should have given us this expansion =/ otherwise there are demons in the void as well. There will always be demons to kill

If the Legion is defeated, it seems Demon Hunters and Warlocks would need to perpetuate the Fel to maintain their powers.

Same conundrum Sylvanas is in now that Arthas is dead.

Use the evil against itself, but once that evil is defeated, what then?

I suppose there could be a "transition to Void" which might be in keeping with how both Locks and DHs have their mindset, but I dunno.

I'll be interested to see how all this plays out next xpac...

I doubt we're ever getting a 3rd spec. Love to see it, but it isn't happening.

Kind of miffed that Blizzard didn't just give us the Warlock metamorphosis loaded with ranged abilities. Warlocks don't have it anymore, so they might as well give it to us, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Illidari View Post
    I doubt we're ever getting a 3rd spec. Love to see it, but it isn't happening.

Kind of miffed that Blizzard didn't just give us the Warlock metamorphosis loaded with ranged abilities. Warlocks don't have it anymore, so they might as well give it to us, but whatever.
    Warlock salt to the DH class was already crazy, imagine if it had a ranged spec ROFL.

I KNOW they are going to do something with Alleria and the Void, like based on everything from the ptr.... I've been playing this game since vanilla beta, and I would be shocked if we get some sort of shadow/void probably ranged class or didn't get a south seas expansion.... And honestly I'm really expecting the next expansion to be back to Northrend with ranged necromancer class.

So thats why I'm not sure if blizzard would add shadow hunters, but if they did i'd expect it for the south seas expansion but they've never released new classes back to back, SO therefore a ranged void spec for DH seems very possible. Blizzard has said they may do a 3rd spec eventually. I just dont see a full fledged shadow hunter class..... like Hunter, Demon Hunter... Shadow hunter? it'll at least be a spec not a class if they throw it in with some troll themed expac or something. Shadowhunter is also much too "troll" as DH is too "elf" and there is no alliance shadow hunters or alliance trolls sooo.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    7.3 Spoilers...
    In lore we'd probably just guard Illidan's Tomb preventing Sargeras from ever being released.

In reality we'll just keep plodding along with npc dialog from Legion, just like every other class. We wont get another spec because there is just no need for it.
    Not exactly. Especially those like me who sided with Altruis over Kain. We don't have to blindly follow Illidan's orders anymore, we make our own decisions. Those of you who chose Kain, then sure, go spend the rest of your thousands of years of life guarding a jail cell... Have fun with that...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Not exactly. Especially those like me who sided with Altruis over Kain. We don't have to blindly follow Illidan's orders anymore, we make our own decisions. Those of you who chose Kain, then sure, go spend the rest of your thousands of years of life guarding a jail cell... Have fun with that...
    What bothers me about that choice was in "cannon lore" our individual character that we are playing choose Kain. Plenty of evidence of this, most prevalent Illidari Point. Every none DH player sees Kain, Cannon says for other people and story crossover etc, we choose Kain.

I literally wanted to choose Altruis, but as Blizzard has made abundantly clear, its their game we are just along for the ride, and they say the player chooses Kain by cannon lore.... I dont like contradictions and immersion breaks so i picked Kain, its clearly what blizzard wanted me to do, so ive learned i can go with the way they want things or not play.

- - - Updated - - -

To add to this, I personally like the old school Night elf Warcraft 3 DH concept, where I wouldn't see Demon hunters becoming demons or working with demons, I like Altruis... and my DH in my headcannon isnt half demon or has a demon inside of him, but like the old descriptions of demon hunters where they just burn their eyes out with fel energy see what illidan saw and use arcane runes to control chaotic flow of fel magic. fight fire with fire, not become fire to fight fire ya know... but hey. I kinda with they went with a less demon theme and a more fel theme for DH's.