Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    Manslaughter:
    the crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought, or otherwise in circumstances not amounting to murder.

Watching someone die is an inaction, they did not contribute to the man's death in any way. Remove them from the scene and the man still would be dead.

Also does the article mention cellphone service? If they were in a backwoods in Florida they may not have had reception.

Where does the article mention that the man was disabled? From the article it seems like he was attempting suicide after a fight with his wife, and the regretted it.
    manslaughter can be done by inaction. for example leaving a child in a car in the sun or your boss not taking safety precautions in the workplace. it's usually "you should have known better" kinda things.

but it typically only applies to people who have a duty/responsibility to do something. so i sure hope these kids had the duty to call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Well thats a way to land in the slammer I suppose, atleast I assume America has laws that require you to help in whichever capacity you can as in calling emergency services and trying to keep the man from drowning.
    Nope, it doesn't.
    I know it seems incredible, but in many states you are actually allowed to let someone hemorrage on your shoes without doing anything - not even a police call.
    Welcome to USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltmacht View Post
    Is it really not in America? In Finland it sure as hell is.
    They fall under State Laws, which unsurprisingly Florida doesn't have(Florida is commonly mocked for having a high amount of awful/dumb people)

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty disgusting. I don't understand how anyone can raise their kids to be such garbage people.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    It's not a crime to not save someone's life.

It's an ass thing to do, but it's not a crime.
    well, if it isn't it fucking well should be.

What is their excuse for not at the very LEAST phoning the police? they said there was NO 911 call.. they had a phone clearly as they were recording.. there is NO justifiable reason for not at LEAST phoning for help. even if I couldn't swim, I'dcall 911, be yelling for help, running around the thing looking for a life ring (most places in the UK have them near bodies of water) you get the idea..

this is humans at their worst. disgusting
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Should of called 9/11 but to be honest the guy was dead either way. Unless you are a exceptional swimmer a drowning person is simply going to drag you down with them.

Unless the pond was like 2 feet deep I can't watch the video atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Nope, it doesn't.
    I know it seems incredible, but in many states you are actually allowed to let someone hemorrage on your shoes without doing anything - not even a police call.
    Welcome to USA.
    I would've assumed that it was a law in the entirety of the western world but I guess I shouldn't be surprised given how backwards America is in some aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Why is it so often Florida? Is there something in the water that makes people go crazy?
    No, they are just the one state that has to publicize these things while all others keep it quiet.

Those kids needs a good beating.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Should of called 9/11 but to be honest the guy was dead either way. Unless you are a exceptional swimmer a drowning person is simply going to drag you down with them.

Unless the pond was like 2 feet deep I can't watch the video atm.
    None of us are expecting them to swim into the water and try to save them. You're totally correct that it's most likely going to result in two dead bodies. The point we're all trying to make is that these represensible human beings had cell phones on their persons and instead of calling 911 to try to save the man, or at least recover his body for his family, they used those phones to record the poor man drowning while they laughed about it like they were doing their best insane Joker impersonations.

They basically went "Hey bro, that guy's drowning!" "Hey, you're right!" "Let's record it and put it on youtube, we'll get a ton of hits!" "Great idea, got any popcorn?"
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Fuck those kids

Quote Originally Posted by Boole View Post
    I don't think we have to worry about that scenario
    lol.. well, after reading 19 replies i thank you - you made me laugh out loud....

depressing thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    So, understanding this thread, the US has no federal law that requires calling emergency services on dying people or the police on dead bodies?

How backwards is that? The hell?

What sick little bastards.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."

15+ Year Old Account
    Bah, need names so I can go mock them for being trash as I live in Cocoa.

Just another day in WhiteTrashville, Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    So, understanding this thread, the US has no federal law that requires calling emergency services on dying people or the police on dead bodies?

How backwards is that? The hell?
    probably no profit in it for anyone, lives aren't worth shit unless you can make a buck.

Wow who do they think they are? Ted Kennedy

I believe the police report said the teens "dindu nuffin"

Deleted
    Just before I clicked the video I was wondering if the people laughing would be black... my suspicions were confirmed. This doesn't surprise me at all.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-07-21 at 07:59 PM.