Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You have to wonder what the hell is going on at Blizzard when someone like Russell Brower is made redundant. Seriously, what the actual fuck?

That said, perhaps the suits are worried about sliding sub numbers and feel like a shake-up of the old guard is necessary to bring some new life into the game.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2017-07-21 at 09:55 AM.

This is sad news, his music is truly awesome. Why are all the key people leaving one by one recently?

Deleted
    Man I feel like this year half of blizzard left the company

Well they leave as many of them has been there for 10-15 years doing the same thing, many want to try out new adventures before they are to old.

Sad to see him go, but I doubt it'll have effect on WoW's future music. No doubt this will be thoroughly discussed in the next The Instance podcast, considering Scott pretty much always talks about (and sometimes with) Russel Brower.

Quote Originally Posted by Evassac View Post
    There should not be .
    Nor "should" there be most of the time, but it hasn't stopped people.
    If someone wants to bash blizzard, they don't need logic or a good argument to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty fucking sad to hear. Hopefully they keep working with him as they do with other composers such as Neil Acree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    This is sad news, his music is truly awesome. Why are all the key people leaving one by one recently?
    Wow is a sinking ship, they want to get away before it's too late

10+ Year Old Account
    This has actually made me pretty damn sombre and melancholy.

made redundant...damn. Hope he finds plenty of work elsewhere and continues to help make beautiful music. Wow's music has been just great and brings the world to life

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Wow is a sinking ship, they want to get away before it's too late
    And haters allways trying to find a reason to bash to anything no matter how irrelevant it is to the blue post. People come and go it happen to every company... wow is still going strong and will probably be for the next 5-10years

A memory to one of his great pieces of music

Last edited by Schalde; 2017-07-21 at 10:23 AM.

Before we know it the majority of blizz employees will be gone and it'll be just pure activision

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone run from sinking boats, unless you're Casey Hudson who hoping to save this sinking boat.

Anyway, he did good soundtracks.
    Last edited by DesoPL; 2017-07-21 at 10:28 AM.

Right, so restructuring and position eliminated is basically corporate speech for he got fired.

THIS IS IDIOTIC AS SHIT. KTHXBAI.

Thanks for all the great music Russell. I hope to hear more from you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...game looks dead to me since suits took it over. Suits ruin every game.

I wonder what company will take him.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well good luck to him in future endeavours. Must say some of the work he did at Blizzard was top notch.

Wonder how long it will be before we get the usual "another rat fleeing the sinking ship" crap?
    With some on this forum will be something like 100th's of a millisecond before some knob thinks they are all that pipes up..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liliannan View Post
    He is not leaving by choice, his job was made redundant. He even responded to someone on Twitter saying it wasn't his choice.
    I wish him all the best. The music he contributed to WoW will be around and loved for all time. It really makes the game enjoyable and adds to the atmosphere and feeling of it all. Of course he had a great team to help him but he composed some great work.
    Dang that does really blow, the worst type of leaving a company in being made redundant, hopefully he finds another good job can say this would not be surprised to see him get snapped up by another developer..

It is a little sad to see him leave. As for the reasons we can always point the finger at Blizzard being the naughty one, people can take redundancy as the only option and "no choices" left because they don't want to accept the new types of contract being offered, so it is difficult to say wholly whose the real instigator.

I wonder what the music will be like though from here on out.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is truly sad news. The music in the WoW has always been top notch, and has added immeasurably to my enjoyment of playing the game.

Deleted
    Damn, the music was ALWAYS top notch in every expansion.

I can understand that sometimes you just want a new challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there goes the creator of one of the most immersive aspects of the game.

/wave
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset