Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No no no no..!! Please not Russell! This is hard news to swallow in regards for Blizzard. I hope we do not lose Neil Acree. Russell and Neil have both been amazing composers for Blizzard. Gosh..I really hope the next expansion features Neil. I do not want him to see him quit or leave.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Wait ppl play with music on?
    or sound?

I'm not usually that bothered by people moving on, but this one is really sad. Warcraft has some really superb music, it's one of the things that they always get spot on.
    I remember you... In the mountains

Did people really like the Legion soundtrack? Cata? WoD?

The music has been the same thing over and over for some time now. Very generic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i am not angry about a company. i am angry to live on a planet full of naive idiots. wether that ppl have even worked 1 day in companies like blizz, nor they really read stuff. what they do is hopping in, read nothing, piss some halfbaked statement into forums, without really thinking about whats going on or questioning things, and then leave to play another game after 2-8 months, just to jump into forums there and post the same idiotic BS there.
    Okay nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    No no no no..!! Please not Russell! This is hard news to swallow in regards for Blizzard. I hope we do not lose Neil Acree. Russell and Neil have both been amazing composers for Blizzard. Gosh..I really hope the next expansion features Neil. I do not want him to see him quit or leave.
    Neal doesn't work at Blizzard, he is an independent composer. So Blizzard can't fire him like Russell, but it's also not sure either they'll keep commissioning music from him.

Deleted
    Karazhan, Grizzly Hills, Dalaran, Song of Liu Lang, Stormheim (and co-composer of Howling Fjord) - all great soundtracks!

EDIT: How could I forget about Lament of the Highborne?
    Last edited by mmocf89c8b0f36; 2017-07-22 at 12:41 PM.

Warlords of Draenor had a lasting impact on the game. I think a ton more subscribers were hemorrhaged than thought and Legion was a last ditch effort to bring people back.

Except, Legion has had limited success. Despite, its multiple lore characters being killed/dealt with. WoW is slowly going into its 3rd and final phase of production. Essentially, most of the larger developers have foreseen the outcome of this game. So, they're jumping ship. Everyone else is staying around to gain a few more years of experience with a large company, in hopes to either get transferred to a more thriving department or onto a new and alive project.

I'd say within 5 years, this game will be barely sustaining ~500k subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Did people really like the Legion soundtrack? Cata? WoD?

The music has been the same thing over and over for some time now. Very generic.
    I personally liked a lot of the soundtrack in Warlords. Speficially Gorgrond/Everbloom, Frostfire Ridge, Spires of Arak, Skyreach, Auchindoun, Talador and Nagrand.

Login screen music was pretty top notch as usual too.

As for Cata I loved the Vashj'ir music. Actually made me feel as if I was underwater. And as for Legion the Nightfallen music around Suramar City is pretty nice.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-21 at 12:13 PM.

The music has probably been the single most consistently great part about WoW. A little unfortunate,

spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    or sound?
    The music is one of the best (and certainly the most immersive) parts of the game, Mr N Furter.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    or sound?
    Why are some people proud of their obtuseness?

I have been playing with music (and sound effects) disabled for a few expansions now as I watch YouTube on second screen at all times while playing... As such, I can't say I mind he leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Musaik View Post
    Warlords of Draenor had a lasting impact on the game. I think a ton more subscribers were hemorrhaged than thought and Legion was a last ditch effort to bring people back.

Except, Legion has had limited success. Despite, its multiple lore characters being killed/dealt with. WoW is slowly going into its 3rd and final phase of production. Essentially, most of the larger developers have foreseen the outcome of this game. So, they're jumping ship. Everyone else is staying around to gain a few more years of experience with a large company, in hopes to either get transferred to a more thriving department or onto a new and alive project.

Looks like someone didn’t read the post, because this literally isn’t relevant at all.

Since when Russell Crowe is working for Blizz?

Oh wait.. Kappa

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Damn this is definitely one of the tougher dev leaving along with Metzen to handle, the music was so consistently great and his work was outstanding all these years... Damn hope the music will keep being good

Quote Originally Posted by Musaik View Post

WoW is not dying. Stop the doomsaying please.
    Also WoW cannot simply die. As long as the source code exists on the internet, it will always be playable.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Really sad Blizzard is removing his job. The music he made for Blizzard games has been phenomenal and alot of us will miss him =[

Very sad to get this news. Through all the ups and downs of WOW, the music has been the one constant that has always been stellar to me and held it all together. It set the mood for the zones, for the world of Azeroth. I've never been a "WOW is dying" kind of person - but today, a huge part of WOW just kicked the bucket. If this decision was made for Russel, the decision maker made a terrible mistake.

The people saying sinking are either trolling or being ignorant, Russell's work extended beyond Warcraft, he did work for SC2 and Diablo 3, he was the companies lead composer after all, still it was a stupid decision on Blizzard's part, wonder if Bobby Kotick played any part in this.

Personal opinion though is that WoW's music the last couple of years has been bland, they've tried too hard to make everything sound epic with orchestras there's a lack of ambient music, the Witcher 3's soundtrack is how it should be, a mix of both but Russell always used orchestras.
    Last edited by Zephre; 2017-07-21 at 01:02 PM.