Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It depends on the state, and in the state where this took place it is ILLEGAL for the police to ask for your identity without cause.
    They had cause, as already stated.

What constitutes actual cause in your eyes?

The "people" is everyone. The police are a specific institution.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you didn't. You provided a silly hypothetical, wherein they magically figured out he wasn't the suspect as he walked away from them.
    It states it right in the video comments that the police were loooking for a 'person of interest'.

Like I state in all these types of threads. We don't have enough information to pass judgement. Yet, we will still have people rush to judgment on partial information. They don't think things through clearly. They judge with their emotions. Rather than rationally thinking thinks through.
    Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    They had cause, as already stated.

What constitutes actual cause in your eyes?
    Actually suspecting him of a crime, which they proved they weren't doing when they allowed him to leave. It's one of these two things:

1. They suspected him of a crime and were grossly incompetent by letting him walk away unidentified.
    2. They made up that they suspected him of a crime and decided it wasn't worth pursuing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    It states it right in the video comments that the police were loooking for a 'person of interest'.

Like I state in all these types of threads. We don't have enough information to pass judgement. Yet, we will still have people rush to judgment on partial information. They don't think things through clearly. They judge with their emotions. Rather than rationally thinking thinks through.
    Enjoy your weekend everyone.
    So your argument is that they let a suspected criminal walk away without being identified?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    My bias?

pray tell what is "my bias"

Requiring officers to follow the law and not to break the law because a citizen annoys them means I am bias against cops? Your argument is very idiotic.

Why do you hate our constitution and forth amendment rights?
    People with bias are usually more focused on insulting others than actually having a discussion. Funny you use words like "hate" the constitution when your bias is clearly hating cops (for some reason)

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    People with bias are usually more focused on insulting others than actually having a discussion. Funny you use words like "hate" the constitution when your bias is clearly hating cops (for some reason)
    "Wah wah wah everyone is biased!"

Did they suspect him of a crime or not?
    -ynnady

"Wah wah wah everyone is biased!"

Did they suspect him of a crime or not?
    still throwing a tantrum i see

They asked him who he was, he didn't want to tell them.

The police didn't want to arrest him which is the next step so everyone walked away, with a embarrassing display of bluster and shouting.

Much ado about nothing.

Actually suspecting him of a crime, which they proved they weren't doing when they allowed him to leave. It's one of these two things:

1. They suspected him of a crime and were grossly incompetent by letting him walk away unidentified.
    2. They made up that they suspected him of a crime and decided it wasn't worth pursuing.

- - - Updated - - -

So your argument is that they let a suspected criminal walk away without being identified?
    I already told you, the Sgt can be clearly seen on the video talking on the radio. He may or may not have been communicating with dispatch about the 'person of interest's' description. That is why we need more information before we can make a judgement on this matter. Do you understand now? We don't have enough information. We just have a bunch of people shouting at each other. It could have easily been avoided if the person was a nice guy. He just may not be a nice guy. Not everyone is nice. And that is part of the reason why we have to have police.

I'm not insulting you by calling your argument idiotic. Your argument is not you now is it? Your argument is terrible.

"you must be bias because you believe in following the law and upholding officers to follow the law and not break the law if they're annoyed you must hate cops!" Like thats a retarded line of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I already told you, the Sgt can be clearly seen on the video talking on the radio. He may or may not have been communicating with dispatch about the 'person of interest's' description. That is why we need more information before we can make a judgement on this matter. Do you understand now? We don't have enough information. We just have a bunch of people shouting at each other. It could have easily been avoided if the person was a nice guy. He just may not be a nice guy. Not everyone is nice. And that is part of the reason why we have to have police.
    Being rude to the police is not a crime. It is actually a constitutional right.

So you are going with "They let a suspected criminal walk away" as your excuse?

- - - Updated - - -

still throwing a tantrum i see
    So you still can't answer the simple question?
    -ynnady

I didn't state it was a crime.
    I, and others, have explained it several times already why he allowed to away.
    Have a great weekend everyone.

Being rude to the police is not a crime. It is actually a constitutional right.

So you are going with "They let a suspected criminal walk away" as your excuse?

- - - Updated - - -

So you still can't answer the simple question?
    I did mate, I answered your question a dozen times

I did mate, I answered your question a dozen times
    So your argument is that he is a suspected criminal that the police let walk away?
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I'm not insulting you by calling your argument idiotic. Your argument is not you now is it? Your argument is terrible.

"you must be bias because you believe in following the law and upholding officers to follow the law and not break the law if they're annoyed you must hate cops!" Like thats a retarded line of thought.
    Give me sources for your claims before I even get started with your "argument"

So your argument is that he is a suspected criminal that the police let walk away?
    Echo echo echo...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRAyxt4AWZk

Deescalating situations for dummies
    Dude, you clearly never have been in a position where people need to calm the f down and listen. "my rights are being violated" should give the cops a right to tase his ass by law...

Did you even bother to read the description of the youtube video? You're taking a lot of conclusions from very little information and most of your arguments get to the dead end that cops are evil..

How are you expecting people to take you seriously?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Cannot Fap To That View Post
    People get away with it every day when situations get heated. You have never heard people argue? Never seen road rage?
    Right. If a police officer is near some people arguing and one says he's going to taze and beat the shit out of the other, he's just gonna carry on.

Did you even bother to read the description of the youtube video? You're taking a lot of conclusions from very little information and most of your arguments get to the dead end that cops are evil..

How are you expecting people to take you seriously?
    So, your argument is that they suspected him of being a criminal and let him walk away unidentified?
    -ynnady

So, your argument is that they suspected him of being a criminal and let him walk away unidentified?
    Do I need to draw you a picture?

Deleted
    I don't hate the cops or anything but it's always a good idea to refuse unlawful searches, identification and the like if you are within your rights to do so. Even if you didn't do anything wrong, you can still end up on record or they can find something. For example if your friend, relative, co worker or whoever dropped a prescription pill or hell even some weed in your car, you're in deep doodoo.

Still it's usually also a good idea to be respectful with them as well.