Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What is the secondary stat you miss the most?

Do you guys have a favorite secondary stat that is no longer in the game? It doesn't matter if it was cool for the actual gameplay, nostalgia, fun, whatever.
    Mine, now that I think about, was MP5 before Cata.
    Last edited by Metallourlante; 2017-07-21 at 10:55 PM.

Deleted
    Armor penetration

spirit was the same as MP5 though

As someone who mained Warrior for a while I always liked Arpen. Once you got loads of it at the end of an expansion it was just so awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Multistrike for old frost mage. Was fun pretending to be a machine gun

I liked the idea of Armor Pen but I understand that it was a wonky stat with very much all or nothing properties based on how it worked for raiding.
    I didn't play a healer but MP5 is something that I think made fights more interesting. If you know a fight is shorter with bouts of spikey damage you could replace your MP5 with crit or haste or something else. If you knew the fight was a 15 minute fight with constant but lower damage then you could put more MP5 on and conserve your mana.

I wish there was a way they could re-implement MP5 and resistances. Maybe making them something of a tertiary stat and making a system where you can modify your gear with any tertiary stat for a cost. Maybe bring back reforging but only for tertiary stats. Obviously they'd have to nerf leech, speed, and avoidance as they are right now if every piece of gear can be outfitted with it and not have it roll randomly but I think it would add a neat dynamic since you'd be able to actively swap your tertiary stats based on the type of content you're doing and from fight to fight in raiding.

Deleted
    mulistrike i loved how it worked for many specs, giving rp for blood dk, extra aoe hit (necrosis) for unholy dk as example cant renember what did for others specs from top of my head.

Deleted
    Multistrike on ele shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    Do you guys have a favorite secondary stat that is no longer in the game? It doesn't matter if it was cool for the actual gameplay, nostalgia, fun, whatever.
    Mine, now that I think about, was MP5 before Cata.
    Armor Pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedarion View Post
    this. So this. Multi strike on Ele Shaman was amazing. Nothing like proccing off your prices, or when you'd be over 100% mastery that also caused multi strike....

I get the love for ArP, but it was only ever made that effective for LK. You could see the problem even in the beta.

I miss defense rating.

A lot of folks would just go to "uncrittable" but truth be told if you were a warrior or a paladin if you kept going until unhittable it was a huge reduction in all physical damage taken. For warriors it also synergized incredibly well with dodge for revenge and parry-hasting was a huge deal.

Whatever one you got from REFORGING.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Block rating
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Hit /10char
    Almost forgot about this one...

How much was it again that you needed, 3% or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Multistrike, Armor Pen and Hit (Hit is mostly due to the fact that I missed having to do gear management).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    spirit was the same as MP5 though
    Well, at one point they were different. For a long time we had what was called the five second rule, wherein our mana regen from spirit would completely cease for 5 seconds after we spent mana. So we'd cast spells in bursts, then rest to allow ourselves to regen. MP5 worked all the time, but we almost always have much less of it than regen from spirit.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Armor pent . hope anyone that miss hit rating dies in hellfire !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedarion View Post
    That's now their mastery.

Hit.

I like the fact that I had to do some research into the optimal stats for the gear and then do better due to the research. Currently it's "OMG higher ilvlZ, EQUIP, EQUIP".

I liked spell/element power and elemental resistances/absorbs (phased out now), but fully understand why the game shifted away from them and wouldn't want them back now without other major changes being made.

I have fond memories of doing stuff like making a Holy Protection potion on the fly to fight groups of enemies that would otherwise kill me, or the joys of Prismatic Potion in PvP.