Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Such a sweet generation growing. Can't wait for them to grow up and get a profession. Can you imagine one of them being your surgeon, for example?
    If this thread taught me anything, it's that this generalization of this generation is probably accurate.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    A guy I went to high school with and who became a cop jumped in a river to save a drowning man much closer to shore than this guy, and they both ended up drowning. A lot of times drowning people panic and punch and drag down the person trying to save them.

The way they spoke while it was happening was disgusting, and at a minimum calling 9-11 right away would have been the right thing to do. But apart from that, not helping a guy drowning that far out without life vests or rope would have been a high chance of them drowning too. The guy wasn't exactly 5 ft from shore and people didn't bend over to help him. The video looks like he's at least 100 feet out. Why in the world a disabled person was 100ft out in a pond without a life jacket or the ability to swim, with no one else, I dunno. Not to victim blame but that's about 4 instances of dangerously poor judgement at once.

the concept of death is hard to comprehend as a teenager.

That's why most teenagers think they're invincible. Still though, these kids are obviously morally lost causes.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Why exactly would I put effort into a response against someone who is arguing this people still belong in a civilized society and that juvi shouldn't even exist?
    You are suggesting juvi for a misdemeanor offense. That's extremely excessive.
    And can you strawman any harder? Nowhere did I begin to presume juvi shouldn't exist, I stated that it would do nothing for these kids but make a situation worse.

These kids are pure evil.. This is so sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    So wait it's not a crime to stand there and not call the police when someone's life is in danger? I could have sworn that was a law to at bare minimum call the police, maybe it's on a state by state basis? Either fuck these kids, hopefully they get what's coming to them.
    It's Florida... What do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Such a sweet generation growing. Can't wait for them to grow up and get a profession. Can you imagine one of them being your surgeon, for example?
    They don't sound like they would get into med school.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Funny thing is this was a Seinfeld episode.

You are not required by law to help someone. If someone was sitting in the street about to get run over you are not required to go over and push him out of the way of an oncoming car. If the pond was the kids' pond then there would be a different level of duty, but if this occured on public land then I don't think they have a duty to help someone. If someone is drowning you are not required to help them, however not reporting this to someone could make it grey area.

The reason why it is not required is because you could risk your own life to save someone in a dangerous situation. You don't want to force people into dangerous situations.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2017-07-22 at 03:52 AM.

It would be racist to expect these teens to be able to swim.

It would also be racist to expect these teens to want to call emergency services or talk to the police.

I can't tell you why it would be racist, because that would get me infracted, so you'll have to figure that out for yourselves.

While their laughing at the drowning guy and not calling for help is disgusting, at the same time, diving into a lake to try to rescue a drowning person is incredibly dangerous. By their nature, drowning people are likely to act violently to attempt to breathe. This manifests as climbing over the rescuer, pushing them down and potentially drowning them in the process. Only someone with training in how to handle such a situation should even attempt a rescue. Realistically, the moment the guy in the video found himself alone and drowning in the middle of the lake, he was already dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakred View Post
    You don't know that. What harm would be there in trying? There wouldn't. Now you're trying to justify shitty behavior. Doesn't matter if it's legal or illegal. If you stand there and watch someone die and not even attempt to save their life you're a piece of shit. And have no honor in your life whatsoever. And are a coward.
    Agreed. Even if you can't do anything, at least call for help. Some selfish motha fuckers in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

I'd like to see a Venn Diagram of the people outraged over this and the people justifying letting refugees drown in the Italian navy thread from a while back.