Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Vr gaming will never be a thing, imo. It's nice 30 minutes, but good luck raiding 4 hours in vr!

It's good for other things, just not gaming.

Edit : Remember the 3D phase couple years ago? "All games will be in 3D! It's going to be amazing! Get your brand new 3D monitor now and enjoy all futures games in full 3D!"
    Yeah... about that...

Would be great to explore and all that,but not for playing the game

omg people, this is not VR. "ooo the camera moves as my head does", not VR. It's just a different way to control the camera thats it. VR, is what the Star Trek holo decks are. An environment that seems real, but it isn't.

However. This would be a fun little thing to use to walk around towns and stuff. But it doesn't have any place in WoW other than that, because WoW basically can't be played in first person, as you can't see anything around your character. Or in front for that matter when fighting something.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    >"I've tried VR"
    >PSVR

Rofl
    There's nothing wrong with PSVR, what it lacks in out-right resolution it makes up for in having less of a screen-door effect.

In terms of WoW supporting VR, whilst I would enjoy giving it a try, I don't think it's really worth Blizzard going out of their way to support and I can't see anyone really using it other than to have a quick look around environments.
    Last edited by Kufell; 2017-07-22 at 02:49 AM.

Kind of nice seeing people still uninformed about VR. Makes me feel ahead of the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kufell View Post
    There's nothing wrong with PSVR, what it lacks in out-right resolution it makes up for in having less of a screen-door effect.
    What it lacks is room-scale. The best part of VR other than everything being true 3D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    omg people, this is not VR. "ooo the camera moves as my head does", not VR. It's just a different way to control the camera thats it. VR, is what the Star Trek holo decks are. An environment that seems real, but it isn't.
    lol, what? I think you're just giving Virtual Reality your own definition. It's a bit more than the camera moving as your head does..
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Vr gaming will never be a thing, imo. It's nice 30 minutes, but good luck raiding 4 hours in vr!

Edit : Remember the 3D phase couple years ago? "All games will be in 3D! It's going to be amazing! Get your brand new 3D monitor now and enjoy all futures games in full 3D!"
    Yeah... about that...
    It's already a thing and it's only going to get bigger. No one said it would replace monitor gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    VR is nothing but a fad. It's like 3D movies. They were all the rage a few decades ago, fell out of style, came back, and will likely fall out of style again soon enough. VR will fall off the radar soon enough.
    This isn't even about opinion, you're just wrong.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2017-07-22 at 03:58 AM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    >"I've tried VR"
    >PSVR

Rofl
    How is the experience any different? So the controllers are better and it has a higher resolution - what else? Still a stupid gimmick.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    This isn't even about opinion, you're just wrong.
    Prove he's wrong then?

I love the VR defense force... you could almost fill out a bingo card with it.

"You don't get it until you try it!"

"PSVR LUL it's COMPLETELY different compared to my overpriced $800 VR SET"

etc.

VR does not have have a future in mainstream gaming.

Any pvp or pve would be a shit show in VR, no thanks.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

If it becomes full Dive system, i'll definitely be back and playing all my free time on it. in fact any proper full dive mmorpg would get me super excited..

Current VR? no thanks. Only certain experiences and games not WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I've tried VR, it's not that great. How would you move in WoW? Point warping would feel terrible in a MMORPG and using a controller would be disorienting and cause a lot of motion sickness.

There are games that work well with VR, WoW will not be one of them.

Besides, if we can't get DX12 or Vulkan support - why in the world would we get VR? Let's get the engine to multithread before we even discuss VR.

- - - Updated - - -

Have played VR - its not that special. Played all of Batman, a few tech demos and part of Resident Evil. It's not worth the money.
    point warping is the bad developers guide to VR, you can control in VR just fine the way you normally would without VR.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would love to play it in VR/holo deck like surroundings would be very cool.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

It'd be really good outside of combat. The game would need an extensive rework to function correctly in VR. So many fights rely on the 3rd person perspective to know where to go, when, etc.

Deleted
    if VR gets to lvl it is in like sword art online then yes, else nah.

No. Wow would be horrible for VR. This is coming from a HTC Vive owner.

Time to go to goldshire!!

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    VR is nothing but a fad. It's like 3D movies. They were all the rage a few decades ago, fell out of style, came back, and will likely fall out of style again soon enough. VR will fall off the radar soon enough.
    Exactly my opinion. Looking forward to the outrage of early adopters who spent thousands of $ on their useless sets as the people with 3D TV cry now.

God no, I'm getting motion sick by just watching the video. VR - in my opinion - is one of the biggest failures in video gaming history. Either it's pretty bad or incredibly expensive.

The idea of it sounds great but it's still so poorly done...

This would never work for a game like WoW, ever, everything will have to be changed, imagine mechanics that you can never see because they are behind you. Don't understand why you would think this would work in a game like WoW but it wont, now a VR warcraft game might.

15+ Year Old Account
    It really does feel like you're inside WOW. So magical and unbelievable! Though combat would be a mess :P Would need totally different combat mechanisms where you swing your vive controller for melee attacks and push it's buttons for spells.

A raid would be intimidating against a big ass scary boss, like Yogg.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Having done exactly this in the past (exported WoW things into Unity to view in VR) I can say it's pretty awesome to teleport around in. You can do some cool stuff but in the end WoW just isn't a right fit for VR.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    God no, I'm getting motion sick by just watching the video. VR - in my opinion - is one of the biggest failures in video gaming history. Either it's pretty bad or incredibly expensive.

The idea of it sounds great but it's still so poorly done...
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post

We're still in the first generation of PC VR. Things will without a doubt get better over time. I've had some great multi-hour VR experiences that don't compare to anything I've ever done on PC before I had a VR headset.