View Poll Results: Did Transmog ruined the excitement of new items?

Voters
592. This poll is closed
  • The Advantages of Transmog Outweigh the disadvantages

482 81.42%
  • Transmog Ruined a small part of the game

110 18.58%
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I was going to repost but the person above me already quoted the disadvantages

But...there are disadvantages, you just quoted them
    Well I guess I'm glad I don't have to vote on any of them, since it's a pretty bad poll - no offense! I can't see -any- disadvantages to the Transmog system.

If the new armors were not so hideous, I wouldn't be afraid to transmog. But we just have to get these ugly sets. Especially on warriors and priests sometimes.

There is not a single warrior set that I find appealing on female units.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Well I guess I'm glad I don't have to vote on any of them, since it's a pretty bad poll - no offense! I can't see -any- disadvantages to the Transmog system.
    Let me just ask you this, "did you transmog any item of Legion?"
    Do you feel excited when you complete a tier set of the current expansion? Do you go instantly transmog it?

Do you rather farm items from 8-10 years ago instead of items of the CURRENT expansion?

The current game should be the one being played. Not the "old game". You should be more excited with Legion than anything else...because "current" is supposedly best

There is a flaw in the system in my eyes.

The current game should be the one being played. Not the "old game". You should be more excited with Legion than anything else...because "current" is supposedly best
    All your opinions. The current game is the best they could think of after having already used those previous ideas. Some of those old ideas were classics, and have fond memories attached for many of us.

Let me ask you something. Does Superman change his costume every issue? Batman? Wonder Woman? Sure, they might get a do-over every few years, but not every time they have an adventure. You certainly don't see them wearing odds and ends. Same goes for Legolas and Gimli or any of the other famous heroes.

If you want to show off you got the latest tier, you can do that. Players who haven't earned it cannot. If you want to ignore transmog and run around all ragamuffin, you can do that. If you want to develop and keep an iconic look for your hero, you can do that too. It's great the way it is.

Now if they would just update the character creation engine to give us more control over personal looks, that would be even better.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Do you feel excited when you complete a tier set of the current expansion? Do you go instantly transmog it?

Do you rather farm items from 8-10 years ago instead of items of the CURRENT expansion?

They're older parts of the game...still the same game mate. Some people will like the new sets and poudly display them, others won't, and they will mog it. That's not a disadvantage, that's just how things are.

I don't like the style of the new sets, many of them are way too overdone and look way too much like just another plate set, and on some of my chars, I despiiiise that shit.

My hunter is glued to the horde red/gold pvp set, been pining for such a set for him for years, finally got it. My DH uses a mix of items, some of them from starting area, others from max level items, single tier piece.

Technically the items on my hunter are 'old' because they're very easily obtainable now. I dislike T20, despite it being a re-done older tier...which I also hated, and I hate the T21 for hunters...and DH...and well, most of them. The rogue tier looks fuckin' badass though, and I kinda want to level my rogue to try and get some of the pieces, but I could also hope for lookalike pieces for my DH.

The transmog system is a QOL decision that I'm glad they made. I saw someone here whine that they can't tell people appart in PVP; entirely irrelevant now with pvp stats being normalized.

No, I enjoy the loot if it has good stats or setbonuses, I don't want to worry if it matches together, even if you completed a set in the past you could have not matching belt or 5th piece of the set and it was looking stupid. In wotlk and on you could also have some pieces from different difficulties therefore mismatching colours.

Atm you could have many "best" items statwise from m+ (bracers, belts, boots) and they look like complete rubbish, but when I got a perfectly statted pair of boots from my weekly chest, I was happy. Much less happy when next week gave me another pair of boots I insta vendored, but the subject is about good items, and I was happy when I got a good item.

The only thing that ruined excitement of new items are legendaries and titanforge for me, not transmog. I liked the feeling "this is good item, it will last me until next tier", now you can't be sure about it due to titanforge. And legendaries are cumbersome, you have to plan around which tier pieces can you slot and which are reserved for legendaries, and then every tier you have to regrind legendary "upgrade", no excitement there at all, the slot that is reserved for a legendary is a dead slot until the end of expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Now if they would just update the character creation engine to give us more control over personal looks, that would be even better.
    Very much agreed, but I'd take just getting rid of the fuckin' duckface male blood elves are stuck with as a start... QQ

15+ Year Old Account
    First of all let me say "i do not want transmog to be removed from the game"
    If anything, i want new ways to bring excitement to *new items*

Now, with that out of the way, "do you think Transmog ruined the excitement of completing a Tier set of the current expansion?"

In the times of "pre transmog" there was surely an excitment once you completed your 4 tier set bonus because you were now part of the "i look cool Club" instead of being part of the "i look like a Clown Club"

For example, now, in Legion. When you acquired a complete set of tier. Did you feel cool like in the old days? Did you change your Transmog?

Do you think there needs to be "new ways" to bring excitement to new items because of Transmog?
    Id argue for that what transmog "ruined" was replaced with mythic only mounts to show "raid prestige" Only current armor set ive used in past expansions has been DK tier 19 mythic, other than that its mostly been meh.

And, id like some more "new ways to bring excitement to new items", this could be via stuff like class accessories which was in legion concept art.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    No.

/10char.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    And, id like some more "new ways to bring excitement to new items", this could be via stuff like class accessories which was in legion concept art.
    What the hell is that?
    Class accessories?

Thats the kind of stuff we need to bring back the quest to look cool to the current expansion.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-22 at 02:45 PM.

Your poll doesn't account for the option "There is no disadvantages at all to transmog".

Basically you can now opt into your new tier set. A ton of people still wear their actual gear because it's cool looking. If you have an ugly set you don't have to use it.
    There is no downside here and I can only imagine if you think there is then you're overanalyzing the system.

you have no voting option for me, Neither of the 2 options are my feeling, I personally Love transmog, as imo the looks of Armor these days are seriously lacking. So here is my Write in Vote, "I love Transmogging, it lets me look as good as I choose to be." I hated Vanilla and TBC where you looked like a Circus clown while wearing BiS. Now... if they only gave more Tunics to Cloth wearers.

7+ Year Old Account
    I do miss when you got a set and felt "Yeah i finally have this really cool set" But i dont miss going "fucking i look garbage, i look shit this peice looks bad"

i like transmog, cause it lets people choose how they look, but i feel we do lose out on stuff from it, but the pros far outweigh the cons
    like when a teir comes out and EVERYONE looks the same
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account

A-yup, yes I did. But to your surprise: I transmogged a couple of my Legion stuff... to OTHER Legion stuff!

See, I used to have Challenge Mode armour - which, BY THE WAY, HAS NO STATS and there would be NO REASON EVER to get it if there was no Transmog system! - just that I swapped a bit of pieces here and there.

Today, I wanted a new version of it - so of course, as a paladin, I decided to use just the Class Order set. A golden version. However, I changed my shoulders to be the golden feathered ones from SoO (while with CM, I had the blue feathered one). I changed belt to tier 2. Then for non-class order pieces, Cloak to an old WotLK PvP cloak that is red and golden (Cloaks in this expansion are yucky). Sword, because I don't feel Ashbringer fits my character, to guardian blade - since I like the more 'realistic swords'.

But the rest of the pieces? They are Legion armour of the class order set. I just didn't like the belt, shoulders nor helmet. It's not my fault Blizzard can't make can't make good looking armour sets all the time - and importantly, it's not Blizzard's fault that I have tastes that differ from theirs. Transmog system lets us find a common ground. Reason I do not use my tier 20's looks because I wasn't a fan of it, nor tier 6 back in the days. Now I get to use Tomb of Sargeras gear and look the way that fits my character.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Id argue for that what transmog "ruined" was replaced with mythic only mounts to show "raid prestige" Only current armor set ive used in past expansions has been DK tier 19 mythic, other than that its mostly been meh.

no it wasent, it was in a post made back in i think mop, that talked about them
    The legion concpet art was the hunter quiver for MM and the holy book for holy pally
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/141...ries-5-20-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

So there is no excitement in new items.
    There is, stop being a god damn pleb, run mythic raids while they are current and get the mythic sets, wich have a unique model

Yes I feel excitement when I complete my tier set, as it means my DPS for Raiding will be viable for said tier bracket.
    Would I rather Farm items from 8-10 years ago instead of items of the current expansion... Moot since I'm in a raiding guild, and we are not raiding every single waking hour of the day, I've free time, meaning I can use said free time, after doing wow chores (Emissaries), to farm for items that I never got to drop during content, so I can enjoy the graphic as I deem fit.
    The current game IS being played, but as I just stated, My free time is to be spend as "I deem fit".
    The only flaw, is your logic in thinking "Transmog has hurt the game"
    Last edited by Shadowsgrace; 2017-07-22 at 02:51 PM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And how did Transmog make everything clumsy? Elaborate? How does people having fun with the system affect you personally?

I find it amusing how one single quality of life aspect has suddenly "ruined" the game for a minority.

/hint It doesn't and if it does that is on you.

Oh and the prestige of "achieving" was taken away when 60 raids were soloable in Wrath. And most of the 60/70 content was soloable before Transmog or the Legacy buff even became a thing.

I used to do weekly TK runs on my Hunter and Shaman in 4.1.
    yeah you're right,cheers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I hated Vanilla and TBC where you looked like a Circus clown while wearing BiS.
    Impossible. BiS = looking matched and cool...always. Unless you are mid new raid.

Now... if they only gave more Tunics to Cloth wearers.
    And what if they released a tunic for cloth weares but it was unique to Mythic raiding and you couldnt get it anywhere else?
    Let me guess, you would have:
    • waited for the end of the expansion
    • get the tunic item
    • spend the rest of the entire *NEW CURRENT* expansion with the Tunic without being excited about any kind of new items (look-wise)

You see the problem?
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-22 at 02:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No. Transmog fixed a glaring problem with the game's customisation.

There are no downsides to transmog. At all.