View Poll Results: Did Transmog ruined the excitement of new items?

Voters
592. This poll is closed
  • The Advantages of Transmog Outweigh the disadvantages

482 81.42%
  • Transmog Ruined a small part of the game

110 18.58%
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Both sides have a valid argument.

I remember back in Vanilla on my server I was only maybe one of a few people with full Nightslayer armor for my Rogue. The Prestige was nice.

On the other hand, no one wants to look like an autistic clown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    But new items give you new apperances to choose....

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Any MMO that doesn't have a transmog style system at this point is extremely backwards and outdated. Let people look the way they want to look with the gear they EARNED.
    It's immersion ruining though. You get a plate glove that looks a certain way and then all of a sudden it looks like a completely different plate glove. It doesn't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    It's immersion ruining though. You get a plate glove that looks a certain way and then all of a sudden it looks like a completely different plate glove. It doesn't make sense.
    Yeah, wearing blue pants, pink boots and neon green chestpiece surely makes sense and is super immersion friendly.

And yet ironically Roleplayers use it for Roleplaying....

Because wearing a mismatched clown set is so immersive...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Impossible. BiS = looking matched and cool...always.
    Tier 1, "The Banana", and tier 5, "Pink power ranger", for paladins says hi.

Pretty sure there's enough magic in this game to make a plate glove look different...

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yeah, wearing blue pants, pink boots and neon green chestpiece surely makes sense and is super immersion friendly.
    If those are the pieces you choose to wear that's your choice.

First of all let me say "i do not want transmog to be removed from the game"
    If anything, i want new ways to bring excitement to *new items*

Now, with that out of the way, "do you think Transmog ruined the excitement of completing a Tier set of the current expansion?"

In the times of "pre transmog" there was surely an excitment once you completed your 4 tier set bonus because you were now part of the "i look cool Club" instead of being part of the "i look like a Clown Club"

For example, now, in Legion. When you acquired a complete set of tier. Did you feel cool like in the old days? Did you change your Transmog?

Do you think there needs to be "new ways" to bring excitement to new items because of Transmog?
    This is nonsense - transmog is one of the best features added into the game. There is still an incentive to complete the current dungeon and if ever the system design inherently has a completion bar to fill up so mog whores are compelled to nab every single piece now - it literally is like they added an achievement for every single piece of gear now. Not to mention you finally don't look like an assclown while leveling.

By the way where the fuck is the "Transmog is one of the best features to ever see the daylight" vote option ??
    There are 0 disadvantages that come from having transmog in the game
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2017-07-22 at 03:01 PM.

Impossible. BiS = looking matched and cool...always. Unless you are mid new raid.

And what if they released a tunic for cloth weares but it was unique to Mythic raiding and you couldnt get it anywhere else?
    Let me guess, you would have:
    • waited for the end of the expansion
    • get the tunic item
    • spend the rest of the NEW CURRENT expansion with the Tunic without being excited about any kind of new items
    You see the problem?
    No, you're quite wrong, while yes you may have worn 4 out of 5 pieces of tier in TBC, you didn't wear all 5, there was always a more optimal, non-tier piece that rarely match, also there were quite a few tiers that were "incomplete" Mage T6 come to mind as it never had a matching belt for the set, while both Locks and priests did. As to your "Ok tunics excluded to Mythic only." well then I raid mythic with my Guild, which we do anyway. So again this is only a flaw in your mind mate. There is no issue or flaw in transmog... unless you were one of those WPvP gankers. Hiding in stealth as a rogue or Druid waiting to gank that way undergeared player. Now that is hard to do, because they may have only transmogged themselves to look "The Noob".
    Last edited by Shadowsgrace; 2017-07-22 at 03:02 PM. Reason: typo

If those are the pieces you choose to wear that's your choice.
    And before 4.3 you didn't have the choice if you have mismatched pieces. Some BIS pieces like off tier pieces used the other classes model.

Now you do.

And again if it is breaking your "immersion" that someone else has chosen to use a tier set for transmog then that is on you.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Vanilla dps warrior:

I used to rock a similar look. The items didn't have anything to do with each other in terms of style, but it defined you as a DPS warrior, and that's what made it look so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I used to rock a similar look. The items didn't have anything to do with each other in terms of style, but it defined you as a DPS warrior, and that's what made it look so good.
    And with transmog you can go back to that look if you want.

Transmog is for the individual, not to show off to the world. As a player, I dont care what people think of my armor transmog or non-transmog. As a player I dont care what others are wearing. If the armor looks good I will not transmog, but we seen in this game time after time, crappy art used for armor for many classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really? If a set looks good, I'm excited to collect it. That was true for warrior t4 before transmog was a thing, it was true for warrior t15's LFR white-and-gold recolor after transmog was a thing, and it's certainly true with the two Legion Invasion plate sets (the one from the pre-expac world event and the one from the current Invasions) and weapon transmogs. If I'm not excited about a new item's visuals, it's because it looks lame. That was true of warrior t2 and warrior t11 before transmog, and most of the post-transmog warrior sets.

I'm all for everyone looking cool. I like that people can look like heroes and not like level 15 questgivers. I'd be more worried if the big army I'm supposed to trust is capable of fighting back the Legion look like a bunch of yokels cobbling together whatever they can find and swinging rusted piece-of-shit swords at the demons.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Transmog is for the individual, not to show off to the world. As a player, I dont care what people think of my armor transmog or non-transmog. As a player I dont care what others are wearing. If the armor looks good I will not transmog, but we seen in this game time after time, crappy art used for armor for many classes.
    Hunter tier 18 springs immediately to mind for me.

Look at it. Looks like it was lazily designed. Another one from HFC that springs to mine is Shaman.

Deleted
    You were indeed in the "I look cool Club" but you also were in the "We all look the same Club"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    There is, stop being a god damn pleb, run mythic raids while they are current and get the mythic sets, wich have a unique model
    But nobody is able to kill the last boss of Mythic consistently every week. Only about 5% of the entire population.
    Im not special. I'm not on the "top 5% elite"

"ain't nobody got time for that"

And what if they released a tunic for cloth weares but it was unique to Mythic raiding and you couldnt get it anywhere else?
    Let me guess, you would have:
    • spend the rest of the entire *NEW CURRENT* expansion with the Tunic without being excited about any kind of new items (look-wise)

You see the problem?
    There's one issue though. If there's no tmog feature and if a person HATED robes, it wouldn't suddenly make him exited about getting new robes, he'd be hating every single robe regardless, he might even switch to another class or, in worst case scenario, quit the game.

For instance, I hate robes, I hated them in every single RPG before WoW came to be and I still hate them. Before tmog was introduced to WoW, I preferred to play WoW w/ "RTS" cam, I really didn't like seeing my char up close, I was happy to get BiS items for my chest slot, sure, but I hated how they looked.

However, I was extremely happy when mage T8 was datamined and it's a set w/ a tunic instead of robe! I still use it as a tmog on my mage from time to time.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-07-22 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Hunter tier 18 springs immediately to mind for me.

Look at it. Looks like it was lazily designed. Another one from HFC that springs to mine is Shaman.
    I do use the Belt, boots, and gloves, in a custom "Ranger" look, on a Hunter of mine.