Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    The only dead part will be warlocks after 7.3 what will be their point in lore, old hat?
    Do you think every single demon in the universe will be dead at the end of Legion?

People say the story is a mess usually translates to people too stupid to comprehend the story aspects and all the threads in Warcraft that have had logical paths and conclusions.

Case and point stupid people trying to comprehend TBC. We get it you don't know how to read or finish a single quest hub. The story in TBC was pretty straight forward and Illidan being the patsy for our attack setup by the Legion and Kael was a talking point as far back as WotLK. OMG KAELS BACK HURRRR. cept Kael told you he was back in 2.0 and came back in 2.4 OH WOW MAN WHOA.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-07-22 at 06:51 PM.

*Sausage fingers type rapidly in an attempt to explain why exactly the lore sucks*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    People say the story is a mess usually translates to people too stupid to comprehend the story aspects and all the threads in Warcraft that have had logical paths and conclusions.
    Not only that, but nerds are just mad because their head canons aren't what actually happened.

7+ Year Old Account
    If the story is really that hard to understand, then it is by that single fact a bad story. If you have to read every book, watch every youtube video and do every single quest just to understand the main story and find closure to most stories, then you are building up a story, that only few will ever understand and therefore it has failed.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargerus View Post
    Do you think every single demon in the universe will be dead at the end of Legion?
    No but Warlocks won't have a immortal servant anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    If the story is really that hard to understand, then it is by that single fact a bad story. If you have to read every book, watch every youtube video and do every single quest just to understand the main story and find closure to most stories, then you are building up a story, that only few will ever understand and therefore it has failed.
    No it's just a large complex story. Something you would expec in a story containing 10+ nations many Large evil factions Cult of the Damned, Legion , Twilight Cult, Shadow Council, Ect. Multi World Conflicts and over 20 years of story development. If you complain that you are lost without exploring the story. Then stick to shoveling paint in your mouth and flipping mcpatties.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-07-22 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargerus View Post
    Should be, or much weaker if that's what their power was from. Also, that many more people will want to be shadow anyway, because in lore it's far more powerful, and eventually we could see void themed items also. Fel is soon the past.

It is good that the stories evolve, its just sad that the it is evolving to a worse state.

I challenge you to find great lore in the last 2 expansions, which i can not shoot down in 1 sentence.
    Alright. Why was the story of the besieging of Suramar so crap? What sucked about Duratan's brother? Why were you unhappy with our loss on the Broken Shore? And I don't mean minor gripes. Why was it crap lore?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Has it ever actually been good?

I mean compare it to story driven games that actually are well written.

Off the top of my head - Bioshock, Witcher, Mass Effect, even SWTOR.

Everything Blizzard has created since the launch of WoW has been pretty mediocre and underwhelming for story. Starcraft and Diablo both lost their edge and had forgettable stories. Warcraft is all over the place with half-baked ideas and characters and retcon galore. Overwatch, actually seems to be an exception and is compelling for what it is.

You're saying it's gotten worse. I'm saying it was never great to begin with.
    This. WC3 was carried by Arthas's story. Apart from that it also had a lot of meh writing as well, and before that WC1 and WC2 were nothing special. Same in Wow. Most of the writing is mediocre to bad, with some bright spots here and there like the Mantid and Suramar. But compared to well written fiction, hell even well written video games like the works of Obsidian or CDPR? Yeah, Blizzard doesn't even come close.

To me, it's best to enjoy WoW as a story not to be taken too seriously, it's all pulpy excuses for us to beat up dragons, demons and whatnot. Enjoy the epic, if sometimes stupid, situations and cool boss fights. Enjoy some of the nice background lore and mythos. But don't start thinking it's high literature.

And trying to take the ''faction conflict'' writing seriously would make me depressive, it's so hilariously bad and forced. RAWR SYLVANAS BAD, GENN SMASH. Psh.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Consistency has always been Blizzards biggest downfall. Since they have none. WarCraft has more plotholes and retcons than any franchise I can possibly think of. After a while you just stop caring because it isn't a cohesive story being told anymore but a episodic mess that just tries to guess what will $ell most with each next expansion
    discuss these plotholes so I can plug the holes with things explained you are very likely ignorant too.

WoW's story has always been trash, with Cata and WoD being the shitstain on the dirty underwear that is the lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Thing is, story is not hard to understand but people just can't do it. It's trend these days. Here is an example not related to WoW.

You tell a guy "For this product we make serial number 1110517 where 05 is month and 17 is year. For other product we make numbers like 000123. So you just make C1-000123 instead of C-000123" He makes C1-110517. Same with WarCraft, there is everything so well connected and simple and people understand something 4th....like the op does.
    More along the lines of people don't have the attention span to read the quests/lore they just want to hit max level as fast as possible and raid to not even understand why they are supposed to be there.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    This. WC3 was carried by Arthas's story. Apart from that it also had a lot of meh writing as well, and before that WC1 and WC2 were nothing special. Same in Wow. Most of the writing is mediocre to bad, with some bright spots here and there like the Mantid and Suramar. But compared to well written fiction, hell even well written video games like the works of Obsidian or CDPR? Yeah, Blizzard doesn't even come close.

To me, it's best to enjoy WoW as a story not to be taken too seriously, it's all pulpy excuses for us to beat up dragons, demons and whatnot. Enjoy the epic, if sometimes stupid, situations and cool boss fights. Enjoy some of the nice background lore and mythos. But don't start thinking it's high literature.

And trying to take the ''faction conflict'' writing seriously would make me depressive, it's so hilariously bad and forced. RAWR SYLVANAS BAD, GENN SMASH. Psh.
    Yet people who know the story will comprehend that Sylvanas isn't bad and Genn is just like his 2nd War Persona. A fucking Dbag who goes out of his way to accomplish his agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    WoW's story has always been trash, with Cata and WoD being the shitstain on the dirty underwear that is the lore.
    Details on how

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    More along the lines of people don't have the attention span to read the quests/lore they just want to hit max level as fast as possible and raid to not even understand why they are supposed to be there.
    Well yeah thats TBCs main fault. People too stupid to read.

PERFECT EXAMPLE

Kael'thas and the Verdant Sphere

The air around you hums - a gentle hum. The naaru are aware of your victory. Perhaps they are the reason you were compelled to pick up this sphere from the still-twitching remains of Kael'thas Sunstrider. What secrets could it hold?

Perhaps A'dal in Shattrath City could make sense of the item.

Completion
    <A'dal's thoughts intermingle with your own.>

The sphere... Strange. Did you know that he lived? Yes. It is here - in the sphere itself. Maimed for certain. He calls to a higher power now. No, not Illidan.

Higher.

Kil'jaeden the Deceiver comes...

Not here...

<A'dal points your mind elsewhere.>

Azeroth. Unknown.

Rest. Your brothers and sisters will retake Tempest Keep now.

<A'dal hums a song of battle.>
    Defeated
    Prince Kael'thas was ultimately cornered in his reinforced sanctuary of Tempest Keep, The Eye. He was defeated, though the timely arrival of Priestess Delrissa had allowed him to escape death. His image appeared in Shattrath, berating A'dal for not finishing the job with the same efficiency that he had claimed Tempest Keep.

Silence descends upon Shattrath.
    A'dal's thoughts invade your mind.
    Kael'thas Sunstrider has been defeated by <name> and <his/her> allies.
    The time to strike at the remaining blood elves of Tempest Keep is now. Take arms and let A'dal's song of battle empower you!
    A fiery symbol of the Sunfury, a rising phoenix, appears in front of A'dal, and then an image of Kael'thas Sunstrider appears in front of the symbol, facing the naaru.
    Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: Your monkeys failed to finish the job, naaru. Beaten but alive... The same mistake was not made when we took command of your vessel.
    Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: All for what? Trinkets? You are too late. The preparations have already begun. Soon the master will make his return.
    Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: And there is nothing you or that fool, Illidan, can do to stop me! You have both served me in your own right - unwittingly.
    Kael'thas laughs.
    Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: Lay down your arms and succumb to the might of Kil'jaeden!
    OH HAY GUYZ 2.4 is filler. Hurka fuckin DURRRRR
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-07-22 at 07:11 PM.

discuss these plotholes so I can plug the holes with things explained you are very likely ignorant too.
    How are a bunch of mindless zombies more threatening than a bunch of driven zombies supported by necromancers, siege weapons and tacticians.

Details on how
    It would be easier for you to give an example of a compelling and well written main storyline past vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

7+ Year Old Account
    No but Warlocks won't have a immortal servant anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

No it's just a large complex story. Something you would expec in a story containing 10+ nations many Large evil factions Cult of the Damned, Legion , Twilight Cult, Shadow Council, Ect. Multi World Conflicts and over 20 years of story development. If you complain that you are lost without exploring the story. Then stick to shoveling paint in your mouth and flipping mcpatties.
    .... But the Cult of the Dammed, Twillight Cult and Shadow Council is not in the game anymore. They are not at all making the story more complex, because they were flavour of the month enemies.

You say, that the story is complex and therefore throw away some of the arguments about the story being bad. I say, that the game is not complex, but extremly simply, maybe even too much. But if i will follow your way of thinking, having a complex story can be a bad thing. If 80% of your playerbase say the story is bad and you say that they just need to play more of the game and go outside the game to non-ingame lore, then Blizzard have failed at showing the lore to the people. If i have to stop playing the game and go to a website to understand the current story, Blizzard have failed.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

All of MoP was original, and it was great.

.... But the Cult of the Dammed, Twillight Cult and Shadow Council is not in the game anymore. They are not at all making the story more complex, because they were flavour of the month enemies.

You say, that the story is complex and therefore throw away some of the arguments about the story being bad. I say, that the game is not complex, but extremly simply, maybe even too much. But if i will follow your way of thinking, having a complex story can be a bad thing. If 80% of your playerbase say the story is bad and you say that they just need to play more of the game and go outside the game to non-ingame lore, then Blizzard have failed at showing the lore to the people. If i have to stop playing the game and go to a website to understand the current story, Blizzard have failed.
    The Shadow Council is in Legion.....

Twilight Cult is in Legion..... They are still active....

case and point you don't know the story. go read up a little and come back when you actually are informed.

WoW Lore died in TBC. Even in WotLK you could see their stupid approach of every boss ever turning into a stupid Saturday morning cartoon villain. I know the original Warcraft games never dealt with politics, but it's literally the only interesting part of the "2 factions that must work together to defeat a larger evil". It'd make the player characters seem much more heroic if we were the ones that were able to put our differences aside to kill the big baddies while the NPCs are backstabbing eachother for more power. Now that we're fighting titans they'll have to fly in new space monsters for us to "put our differences aside!" and fight against. I'm just tired of it, it's not interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    It would be easier for you to give an example of a compelling and well written main storyline past vanilla.
    Forsaken locking down their Northern EK territory in a blitz campaign.
    Cleansing of the Sunwell in TBC
    The Cipher of Damnation
    The Phylactery of Ingoy Mantoy
    The Bones of Galakrond
    The Nexus War <that IN LEGION has the deals with the Eternium and Malygos coming full circle>
    DImensius the all Devouring
    Culling the Black Dragonflight
    Vashjir Handmaiden visions

Tell me which ones you don't like or can you even name events or do you just go HURRR timetraveling Orcs. #bandwagon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lewdest View Post
    WoW Lore died in TBC. Even in WotLK you could see their stupid approach of every boss ever turning into a stupid Saturday morning cartoon villain. I know the original Warcraft games never dealt with politics, but it's literally the only interesting part of the "2 factions that must work together to defeat a larger evil". It'd make the player characters seem much more heroic if we were the ones that were able to put our differences aside to kill the big baddies while the NPCs are backstabbing eachother for more power. Now that we're fighting titans they'll have to fly in new space monsters for us to "put our differences aside!" and fight against. I'm just tired of it, it's not interesting.
    Uhhhhh put your differences aside to fight a greater evil happened at the AQ gates..... and the TBC Dark Portal...... and Most of TBC.... and the Shattered Sun offensive....

You just don't know the fucking story stop.

War is Warcraft stopping being about Orc and Human Wars in Fucking WARCRAFT 3

The Third War was the Plague of Undeath and the Legions 2nd Invasion.

Vanilla
    ~ War of the Shifting Sands
    TBC
    ~The 3 sided War in Outland Azeroth V Illidari V Legion
    ~The Legions attempted 3rd Invasion
    Wotlk
    ~The War against the Scourge
    ~ THe Nexus War
    ~ The Iron War
    Cataclysm
    ~ 3rd Alliance VS Horde War
    ~ Hour of Twilight
    ~ Elemental Planes Wars
    MoP
    ~ 3rd Alliance VS Horde War
    ~ Thunder King Wa
    WoD
    ~ Iron Horde War
    ~ War Against Legion
    Legion
    ~ War against the Nightmare
    ~ War on the Broken Isles
    ~ The Argus Campaign

The War in Warcraft doesn't mean ORCS VS HUMANS. simple minded fuck
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-07-22 at 07:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All OP raved about was his own personal opinion and not facts. The lore isn't dead because you didn't like. And even more so, MoP didn't suck because YOU don't like "pandas" and "monk".

Get over your snowflaky self, will you?