Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He is yet another horde character left to rot in obscurity. Since main story can accomodate only humans, elves and (occasionally) draenei.
    You're forgetting ORCS.
    So. Many. ORCS.

But not in Legion, because in WoD we just dealt with all the ORCS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    He was a plot device to force a conflict between two races that were long-time allies. Which was particularly asinine considering it was always the Elves who were reluctant to honor their bond with the Humans since they didn't want to waste their lives or resources.
    Yeah.... Garithos was extremely forced. Almost purposefully racist against elves for literally no other reason than because elves.

Also is interesting that the first time the High Elves needed the humans for support, the elves get put under the command of a racist commander. inb4 Onyxia did it.

Edit: decided to do some pedia reading. Apparently he was the last real warlord/commander of Lordaeron at the time. That and he blames the elves for his family dying to orcs in wc2. Super deep character, 10/10.
    /s
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2017-07-22 at 10:23 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Yeah.... Garithos was extremely forced. Almost purposefully racist against elves for literally no other reason than because elves.
    It's because, for as much people wax nostalgically for the RTS, the storylines in those games were also frequently stupid. The writers couldn't figure out a way to get the Blood Elves to abandon Lordaeron and go with Illidan, so they invent this character who hates the High Elves for no reason.

They didn't even need Garithos to exist for a perfectly reasonable explanation for why Kael'thas would join Illidan. They were suffering from addiction and Illidan promised a cure. Garithos being randomly racist toward long-time allies for no reason wasn't even needed. Again, except for them to lazily fart out a reason to create conflict.

Garithos could have worked if he came around AFTER Frozen Throne. Maybe because the High/Blood Elves peacing out and following Illidan causes a bunch of Lordaeron survivors to be slaughtered by the Scourge (Since they lost their backup) and Garithos was a survivor. Then him hating the High/Blood Elves would at least make sense.

It's this exact reason why Sky Admiral Rogers is way more interesting. From her speech in the intro to Jade Forest (And when Sylvanas confirms this in War Crimes), you find out she grew up in Southshore and her parents died and were buried there, but the way she talks about them it implies they died when the Forsaken attacked and destroyed the town.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-07-22 at 10:32 PM.

Because its boring. Angsty Human and Orc leaders who don't like each other has been the trope since literally Warcraft 1. Again, it's just so...so fucking boring. The last character like that who was even remotely interesting was Nazgrim. And even then only because he had this arc about honor and how far does one go to uphold their duty? Not even Garrosh was interesting in that way.
    I am fine with this, it's classic, it worked before.

Ever since Garrosh went apeshit in MoP i had hoped for some character to pick up and represent the ideals of the new Horde founded by Thrall, still waiting for that one.

Which is why I changed my mind and said Druid. We need other major druid characters who aren't dumbass Malfurion. Besides him all we have is Hamuul. And he has done nothing outside of the Druid class hall and then wagging his finger at Garrosh in Tides of War. Which is a shame because him killing Leyara in 4.2 was really badass.
    One of the dumbest ideas of Legion were these class orders and the fact that almost any character now sits in a neutral postion.

Rexxar, Champion of the Horde, follower of a Gnome hunter.

Iconic Racial characters should be faction specific.

They did this for Warriors with Eitrigg / Crowley and Rogues with Tess / Lilian, because it would be fucking weird of these guys / gals followed character of the opposite faction, perhaps not Lilian but most certainly Tess.

I am fine with this, it's classic, it worked before.
    Repeating something that worked before doesn't mean it would work again. The idea gets stale.

Ever since Garrosh went apeshit in MoP i had hoped for some character to pick up and represent the ideals of the new Horde founded by Thrall, still waiting for that one.
    Thrall was against hating the Alliance and wanting to kill them all. So I'm confused what you actually want here.

Repeating something that worked before doesn't mean it would work again. The idea gets stale.
    Preferable for this whole neutrality bullshit that is going on right now, and Warrior characters simply embody the spirit of the Horde, so there's that.

Thrall was against hating the Alliance and wanting to kill them all. So I'm confused what you actually want here.
    And still Thrall fought against Daelin in Warcraft 3.

This thing with hating the Alliance is not some extreme case, it doesn't have to be another Garrosh who wants to fight the Alliance at all cost, but most certainly also not Baine who even makes excuses for Alliance soldiers burning villages of his own people.

A character that is willing to show balls if the enemy throws shit at him, rather than throwing his own people under the bus for sake of avoiding retaliation.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2017-07-22 at 10:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    You're forgetting ORCS.
    So. Many. ORCS.

But not in Legion, because in WoD we just dealt with all the ORCS.
    What orcs ? Noone of them had any relevance or depth ignoring gul'dan....who was really shallow and garrosh who was....really shallow.
    Orcs are overused as race, but not as characters.

Preferable for this whole neutrality bullshit that is going on right now, and Warrior characters simply embody the spirit of the Horde, so there's that.
    ...what? Alright then. There's only so many times I can say repeating storylines is boring. So I'll just end with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is yet another horde character left to rot in obscurity. Since main story can accomodate only humans, elves and (occasionally) draenei.
    Yes because its never revolved around Thrall, Garrosh or Sylvanas at all.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yes because its never revolved around Thrall, Garrosh or Sylvanas at all.
    Thrall wasn't relevant since cata. Garrosh was mentioned above. Sylvanas is elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Even the new warchief what became warchief because the loa saw it as the only way to beat the Legion threat.
    That was never implied. All we know is that Vol'jin got a vision from the Loa, which coupled with Sylvanas' recent conduct convinced him to give the title to her. But we don't know the why yet. All Vol'jin said before the cinematic started is that he needed to perform one last task to ensure the Horde remained strong, without any specifics though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    The other problem is, Nazgrel is a hard fit without Garrosh. Hatred of the Alliance is a bad thing, because both the Horde and Alliance are supposed to be good guys. That's why so many people are upset with Jaina. She's barely even done anything compared to Horde characters who have been racist all along, but no one wants to see that from her, and the Alliance players don't want to be associated with it (which seems reflected in-universe as well).
    That's not the issue with Jaina. Rogers and Genn are way more tolerated characters when it comes to anti-Horde agendas. Why? Because Jaina's transition from peace lover to Horde hater has been way too abrupt. As a consequence what we got is an unstable character flip flopping from one incarnation to the other and that's something Horde and Alliance players alike have grown to dislike.

When an idea works it never ceases to work. On the other hand, you can't pretend either to repeat the same trope without twisting it a bit or adding something new. But that applies to all conceptual ideas. In such cases the issue is not the idea itself but its poor and uninspired execution.

What the Orcs need right now is a balanced character, one who doesn't necessarily hate the Alliance but is not eager to trust them or sign peace agreements with them at every hour of the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Try to name a promising, Horde aligned, Orc / Troll character who might receive development in the following expansion(s).
    I see where you're coming from but all we know about the next expasion is at best a single zone. Not to mention blizzard have seemingly picked obscure characters to be important in some expansions WOD had Maarad and made up yrel. Nazgrel could be a very important part in the new exp for all me know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I wouldn't say they forgot about him. Hes the leader of Thrallmar. I guess in that mindset he still is. It doesn't make much sense, but pulling him away from that task doesn't really either.
    Unless they play on making them a main character like Garrosh, its quite rare that characters like that leave their high ranking positions.
    Okay but what exactly is he doing in Outland? All the enemies there are dead and since Legion will be soon defeated, there's no point to hold a foothold in Hellfire - it's literally a dying world.

He's just another character wasted to time.

Well, to be fair though, I might be hating on his character too much, considering that he is in Legion, once the Player Character's hit Prestige 2 in rank.

yeah no we didn't get 2 orc expacs in a row you're right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguiris View Post
    And what orc characters got developed ? A plot device garrosh or plot device gul'dan ?

MoP wasn't an orc expansion. It was about both the Pandaren, the Sha, The Mantid, and our Alliance/Horde "War". It was also about Wrathion's warning.

Hell, WoD wasn't even an orc expansion. It was a Primal expansion, with the Draenei, The frost wolves, And The Iron horde, fighting off against each other. Not to mention the Burning Legion.

That's like calling WoW Legion a "Night elf" expansion, all cause it has Illidan. It makes no sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    And what orc characters got developed ? A plot device garrosh or plot device gul'dan ?
    they even destroy thrall

those are heavy anti-orcs expansions, we just kill then like idiots cause of plot

Well, Durotan went from <Chieftain of the Frostwolf clan> to <Warchief of the Frostwolf clan>.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    His counterpart, legendary Danath Trollbane was also forgotten, until now, where he does something with warriors and then he chills in the dalaran inn. Sadly blizzard dont have time to handle every character, for there are too many characters.
    Yeah I think this is a major issue, there are so many characters that deserve attention. And Blizzard can either choose to give a handful a ton of attention, or a lot characters very little attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    If I would have been an actual Orc die-hard fan I would have felt embarassed if not outright ashamed throughout all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.