Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The "Wild West" of Azeroth?

With a plethora of cultures and factions in the game, I'm wondering if I've mostly glossed over anything exceptionally "Cow-boy" themed?

Nothing really comes to mind, save the odd character or two in desert/plains zones. But as an area/town?

Thinking about it as your stereotypical Saloon town, but with WoW races.

If it hasn't been taken advantage of yet, I'm feeling it's gonna happen soon enough. Especially since Mcree gets Blizzard thinking Cowboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    With a plethora of cultures and factions in the game, I'm wondering if I've mostly glossed over anything exceptionally "Cow-boy" themed?

Nothing really comes to mind, save the odd character or two in desert/plains zones. But as an area/town?

Thinking about it as your stereotypical Saloon town, but with WoW races.

If it hasn't been taken advantage of yet, I'm feeling it's gonna happen soon enough. Especially since Mcree gets Blizzard thinking Cowboys.
    ...huh. We already got Kung Fu movies influencing an entire expansion, a Wild West expansion would be KILLER. Gangs of Goblin outlaws, Worgen snake-oil salesmen...pandarian railroad workers

There just needs to be a huge steampunk spider dungeon

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Young male tauren are very cow-boy themed. They are both boys, and cows.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem is that wild west stuff tends to be very... derivative...

I haven't really ever seen an "impressively creative" wild west situation. Not saying it can't be done, but I really haven't seen it.

And no, "but with STEAMPUNK!" does not make a wild west scenario creative.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

If we see South Seas, I'd love to see some big islands with that sort of vibe.

It would be so cringey. Please no.

Deadwind Pass felt like something that hinted along those lines in atmosphere, though it lacked anything within it to really connect that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Far to the west of Kalimdor lie a continent with endless prairie and brutal deserts. Not even the Black Empire had grown on the lost continent, it was too small, too remote, and too harsh to be of any use to the races of Azeroth, save one: The Tauren. The nomadic Tauren sailed west in days long since passed. There they flourished in the untamed wilderness, tribes growing greater than anywhere else on Azeroth. Then, everything changed when Goblin cartels discovered untold mineral riches beneath the land. They came in droves, conquering and enslaving the peaceful tauren people and herding them like livestock. The goblin slave masters called themselves Cowboys, referring to the job of 'herding' tauren slaves. Now that the war against the Legion is over, Baine Bloodhoof is recruiting all volunteers to free his people, uniting all tauren tribes once again. The Alliance doesn't take too kindly to the idea that such a massive force joining the Horde, and they follow as well. There will be tough battles ahead, as not only must the dangerous lost world be conquered, but the heavily entrenched goblin cowboys as well. Worse yet, the few tauren tribes left unconquered are bloodthirsty and primal, the only thing that saved them from submitting to goblin rule. Rumor has it that these few brutal tribes are being united by something, a stranger that comes on black wings and wears a mysterious turban...

Uhm.. Magic... WoW has Magic already..

So why the Steampunk? I think magic is already a wicked toss up.

Undead Riders of the Night, Goblin Bikers indeed. Humans would probably be pretty relevant. Same with Dwarves.

It doesn't have to be as copy-paste.. It's just Warcraft elements with a taste of wildwest imagery, audio and questing.

Perfect time for Mounted Combat really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Far to the west of Kalimdor lie a continent with endless prairie and brutal deserts. Not even the Black Empire had grown on the lost continent, it was too small, too remote, and too harsh to be of any use to the races of Azeroth, save one: The Tauren. The nomadic Tauren sailed west in days long since passed. There they flourished in the untamed wilderness, tribes growing greater than anywhere else on Azeroth. Then, everything changed when Goblin cartels discovered untold mineral riches beneath the land. They came in droves, conquering and enslaving the peaceful tauren people and herding them like livestock. The goblin slave masters called themselves Cowboys, referring to the job of 'herding' tauren slaves. Now that the war against the Legion is over, Baine Bloodhoof is recruiting all volunteers to free his people, uniting all tauren tribes once again. The Alliance doesn't take too kindly to the idea that such a massive force joining the Horde, and they follow as well. There will be tough battles ahead, as not only must the dangerous lost world be conquered, but the heavily entrenched goblin cowboys as well. Worse yet, the few tauren tribes left unconquered are bloodthirsty and primal, the only thing that saved them from submitting to goblin rule. Rumor has it that these few brutal tribes are being united by something, a stranger that comes on black wings and wears a mysterious turban...
    I like the hook at the end with Wrathion being the one who leads us through that kind of stuff. Would give an Indiana Jones vibe because of the turban honestly lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thesentinelblue View Post
    If we see South Seas, I'd love to see some big islands with that sort of vibe.
    I was thinking that too! Who knows what 10,000 years of lost sailors have established.. Look what centuries on Earth made with those lost sailors.. Cowboys!

This sounds worse than having a ship now and going to "outspace" and other planets.

Deleted
    The Wild West was a very short period for a singular country. Pandaland ,while focusing on China (an entite country), also brought in other Asian cultures. WoD used many tribal groups for the Orcs and Arabian with Roman tones for Orges. Cataclysm used Scots , Egyptians, Atlantis and Victorian England to name a few. At best the Wild West could hold a zone but never an expasion.

...huh. We already got Kung Fu movies influencing an entire expansion,
    No, we didn't. You can say it all you want, but it's never going to be true.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Wildstar did the wild west thing and it was awesome. I'd love to see them explore that style.

Kalimdor was the wild west of Azeroth <.<

The alliance didn't rush into, though, and let the horde basically run it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    No, we didn't. You can say it all you want, but it's never going to be true.
    Some people forget that pandaren predate the release of Kung Fu Panda and see any asian thign as 'kung fu'. Most of those people don't even realize that was an entire expansion dedicated to old god influence on the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    I like the hook at the end with Wrathion being the one who leads us through that kind of stuff. Would give an Indiana Jones vibe because of the turban honestly lol
    OH GOD NOT AGAIN piss off with that idea.

Isnt Durotar and the barrens kinda wild west? Plus the tauren with that whole native american thing.

This sounds awesome! I do hope they something like it.

I loved Red Dead Redemption... a zone or a faction based around cowboys, saloons etc. would be amazing! :-)
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Young male tauren are very cow-boy themed. They are both boys, and cows.
    it has been done already
    https://youtu.be/hWKv9QS2tJA

Deleted
    Wild West could work. Why? If they make something as loathsome as Panda and Kung fu be tolerable, why not Wild West. I have to confess I did not play MoP. However, the majority of WoW community did and some even found it pleasant.

...huh. We already got Kung Fu movies influencing an entire expansion,
    You do know that Chen pre-dates those movies right?

There just needs to be a huge steampunk spider dungeon
    NO! I WILL END YOU! That movie was an insult to the show it was based on and no reference to the movie needs to exist. I'd rather take references to the actual show with a properly done Loveless...dear god there's a very good chance WoW could parody the show and do it more justice than a huge budget Hollywood movie...this makes me sad.