Trying to figure out why my health is low

Hello, I'm trying to figure out why my health is lower than other tanks with similar ilvls...
    Here's my warrior /https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/arthas/raeg
    As prot I've got 886 ilvl with a 902 weapon, and 37 AP lvl. I have Protection of Valarjar for the +10% stamina but my stamina still feels low.. currently about 4100k.
    My guess is it's just because I haven't leveled my weapon enough but maybe there's something more.
    Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemp View Post
    My guess is it's just because I haven't leveled my weapon enough but maybe there's something more.
    More traits give more stamina. That's the biggest reason right now. Other stuff - stamina trinkets and generally just higher itemlevel gear.

Edit: And talent, of course. Totally forgot about that one. DOH!

Wow didn't even think of that.. but isn't devastator better? For mythics and such

Deleted
    Wow didn't even think of that.. but isn't devastator better? For mythics and such
    Not if you want more HP. That's what you were asking about, right?

Yes I suppose. Thanks

Deleted
    Warriors and paladins have generaly lower HP than other tanks

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes I suppose. Thanks
    You want to use devastator over Indom in *every* situation, *except* for the very niche moments when you're getting truly one shot, which are few and far between. Your HP may be lower, but you're getting much more rage with Deva and thus more IP which increases your effective HP anyways.

Side note, less HP has it's advantages as well, you're less of a mana sink for heals and anything that is % of health based damage (several M+ affixes) is *less* of a threat.

EDIT: additional thing to note. Ilvl is just an average. Often we have a couple pieces of gear that are dragging our average down. If those pieces are trinkets, bracers, jewelry, etc.. they have less or no impact on your total stam. If say...those pieces are your chest, legs and helm, the three largest HP contributors outside of stam trinkets, then you can have a higher ilvl with still less HP. In your case, your AHR trinket is really pulling up your ilvl average but contributing nothing to your HP pool, though it's greatly affecting your effective HP by boosting your IP with all that STR.
    Last edited by KrotosTheTank; 2017-07-24 at 07:16 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just get more gear and 52 traits (each trait increases stam by .75% i believe) on your wep and the stam will come. Wouldn't worry too much about it. The passive stam you get from traits and gear is more than enough for the content you're geared for.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |