Poll: Should MoP Challenge Mode gear make a comeback

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    For once, I'll play Devil's Advocate for the poster. They don't mean "Bring back the MoP Challenge mode set" themselves, they mean the Concept of MoP challenge mode sets. Limited time to obtain, hard to get, Prestige goals, removed once the Expac is over.
    Last edited by Shadowsgrace; 2017-07-23 at 08:42 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Lemme have em on all classes Blizzard you bitches.

You let WoD weapons be available to all characters.

I did em on all on a Healer so I don't have em on any DPS classes cept Warlock.
    I'd be absolutely ecstatic if this happened. I only got them on a couple of toons but if they implemented them like the WoD weapons I'd love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    For once, I'll play Devil's Advocate for the poster. They don't mean "Bring back the MoP Challenge mode set" themselves, they mean the Concept of MoP challenge mode sets. Limited time to obtain, hard to get, Prestige goals, removed once the Expac is over.
    I'd love the system to make a return, but I know Blizzard removed it because they don't have the creativity/resources to create another unique collection of armour sets alongside tiers again. Just look at PvP, they've gone back to it being the same as the PvE tiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Completely disagree. Those guys had their time in the sun during MoP. It's now 2 full expansions later, possibly more by the time the sets would become available again. At this point, continuing to deny players access to those sets is just being petty.

Besides which, most of the people who got those sets paid for carries and/or exploited; the same as EVERY limited time set. Every time Blizzard has made limited access sets which were "difficult" to get, people have cheated their way to them. They don't carry the prestige or glory or whatever that people seem to think.
    So, basically even less reason to bring it back, if people are prone to cheat and purchase their way to it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    I'd be absolutely ecstatic if this happened. I only got them on a couple of toons but if they implemented them like the WoD weapons I'd love it.
    It actually triggers me they went one way with the MoP CM sets and another way with the WoD weapons.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm all supporting that, even while I know I won't get 12x balance of power and all artifact appearance in Legion.

Quitting for 3 years made it easier to accept missing out stuff is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I'm all supporting that, even while I know I won't get 12x balance of power and all artifact appearance in Legion.

Quitting for 3 years made it easier to accept missing out stuff is okay.
    I know that Feeling, TBC ZA bear runs, my guild was doing them to kill time at the end of TBC, And as always RNGeebus looked at me and laughed when it came time for the Roll off. well it came down to "Well you're guaranteed it next week, as you're the last one to get it." the next week, 4.0 Dropped, No Bear for me. Since then I've stopped caring if I get or don't get something.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I know that Feeling, TBC ZA bear runs, my guild was doing them to kill time at the end of TBC, And as always RNGeebus looked at me and laughed when it came time for the Roll off. well it came down to "Well you're guaranteed it next week, as you're the last one to get it." the next week, 4.0 Dropped, No Bear for me. Since then I've stopped caring if I get or don't get something.
    I missed Immortal/Black proto cause we had 1 silly death every time but I accepted it.

Also was easier to accept back then because in 2008 I restarted the game completely from scratch moving from US to EU account, leaving my Field Marshal Sunwell mage behind :P

2013-2016 I didn't play at all tho.

And now in Legion I mostly play solo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it. You want MoP Challenge Mode, but without time and with different format. So you don't want MoP Challenge Modes?

By the way, no. I strongly oppose MoP/WoD model. In the long run, you had good groups that just ran it once for the rewards (since very few would be able to complete for realm firsts), and those same groups would help the noobs get their golden run.
    I for one was one of those noobs. Now I have titles, mounts and an entire transmo set that I don't deserve. At least now, even if you buy a +15, you have reasons to come back every week for the loot. The old model sucked badly.

I missed Immortal/Black proto cause we had 1 silly death every time but I accepted it.

Also was easier to accept back then because in 2008 I restarted the game completely from scratch moving from US to EU account, leaving my Field Marshal Sunwell mage behind :P

2013-2016 I didn't play at all tho.

And now in Legion I mostly play solo.
    Harsh, you didn't "Slash and Burn" the account, did you? Could always go on sometimes and relive the glory, also you can make up to a lvl 20 on an account and play as a "trial account" still having access to some of the stuff tied to it.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Harsh, you didn't "Slash and Burn" the account, did you? Could always go on sometimes and relive the glory, also you can make up to a lvl 20 on an account and play as a "trial account" still having access to some of the stuff tied to it.
    Characters still exist yes.

Characters still exist yes.
    You still "own" the account? I don't think I could ever Give mine away, or delete the toons or anything, even if I did stop playing. You could always reactivate, once, then start the "gold farm" and pay with game gold. If you ever had the inclination to do so.

7+ Year Old Account
    They already sorta did. Order Hall sets. They are recoloured and have different shoulderpads - but it's pretty darn close.

If you want NEW ones though? Well, maybe some of the Rating-only PvP things will do you good for now?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You still "own" the account? I don't think I could ever Give mine away, or delete the toons or anything, even if I did stop playing. You could always reactivate, once, then start the "gold farm" and pay with game gold. If you ever had the inclination to do so.
    It's merged on the same Bnet account, so I can actually just select it in the launcher.

Don't think I'll go back to US realms tho due to Time-zones. First getting my EU account to 12x 110 and see from there till Legion's end

It's merged on the same Bnet account, so I can actually just select it in the launcher.

Don't think I'll go back to US realms tho due to Time-zones. First getting my EU account to 12x 110 and see from there till Legion's end
    Well I'm just glad that your toons, are still yours. I've had a few friends that started in Vanilla played until Cata, left and did whatever with the account. Some gave it away, some deleted everything, some even purposely had it banned, only to come back later regretting it all.

Deleted

You let WoD weapons be available to all characters.
    Totally different story as every class got a full transmog set in MoP but in WoD you could only buy the skins that your class could equip as weapons which gave some classes a severe advantage over others. e.g. Warriors, who can equip (and hence unlock) I think all weapon types, whereas a Priest finishing the same challenge could only buy staves and daggers and 1h maces.

The one thing about WoD weapons that irked me... there was no Wand Transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Grungrungrun View Post
    Totally different story as every class got a full transmog set in MoP but in WoD you could only buy the skins that your class could equip as weapons which gave some classes a severe advantage over others. e.g. Warriors, who can equip (and hence unlock) I think all weapon types, whereas a Priest finishing the same challenge could only buy staves and daggers and 1h maces.
    This is incorrect as at the start of Legion Blizzard gave everyone who did the WoD Gold Challenge Mode an ensemble pack which granted every weapon to the account irregardless of what class you did it on.

This is incorrect as at the start of Legion Blizzard gave everyone who did the WoD Gold Challenge Mode an ensemble pack which granted every weapon to the account irregardless of what class you did it on.
    You might be misunderstanding their point, the reason they did this, and it was in 7.0 (still technically WoD) was Warriors could unlock almost the entire "Closet of Goods" while some could only unlock like 3-4 items. Meaning if you didn't do this on a warrior, you limited yourself to only whatever that class you did run it on, could use. Example, A rogue could only unlock the daggers, 1h mace/axe/swords.

No. Only if they were available with the same talents/level as they were before.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Only if you unlock one set, you unlock every class's. I unlocked Mage back in MoP but I no longer play a Mage so I find it kind of bullshit. They really expected people to complete full golds 11 times? Insanity.
    I agree.