Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Do you consider running Mythic+ mandatory?

I was having a discussion the other day with somebody who said if they want to raid in Legion, they feel they HAVE to run Mythic+'s. This thread isn't about if Mythic+ helps gear up toons (it obviously does), this is more of if you feel they HAVE to be used to get a toon raid ready.

My personal opinion is that they are NOT mandatory. Yes, some trinkets from the mythic+'s are simming as BiS for certain classes, but by no means would I ever refuse to raid with a player because they didn't have the BiS trinket. I realize I also don't raid at a top level, but for him to feel left out because he doesn't like running Mythic+'s (he has anxiety and they cause him a lot of stress) seems like an unintended consequence.

Again, my character has only completed ONE m+15 and I barely run them once a week (if that) and I'm still at a 926 ilvl 8/9H ToS in a guild that plans on moving into mythic ToS and I do just fine parse wise.

Only ever did them for the 8 week quest.

Yes and no.
    Mandatory for a weekly chest (so basically once in 7 days) and not mandatory to run them besides that.

15+ Year Old Account
    If ur in a serious mythic guild (4/9+) u SHOULD atleast do ur weekly +15 for gear, do em in a guild group, relaxing run regardless of M+ lvl.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Yes they are mandatory if you want a guaranteed 930+ item in your weekly box.

Other than that, of course not.

Im in a 4/9 mythic guild, Im gonna say that half of the guild doesn't even do the +15 for the week, Back when it was Nighthold it was mandatory because of the AP and the 54th trait requirement, but now it is not. its nice to do them but you dont have to do them.
    Edit Signature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by doobypls View Post
    I was having a discussion the other day with somebody who said if they want to raid in Legion, they feel they HAVE to run Mythic+'s. This thread isn't about if Mythic+ helps gear up toons (it obviously does), this is more of if you feel they HAVE to be used to get a toon raid ready.

My personal opinion is that they are NOT mandatory. Yes, some trinkets from the mythic+'s are simming as BiS for certain classes, but by no means would I ever refuse to raid with a player because they didn't have the BiS trinket. I realize I also don't raid at a top level, but for him to feel left out because he doesn't like running Mythic+'s (he has anxiety and they cause him a lot of stress) seems like an unintended consequence.

Again, my character has only completed ONE m+15 and I barely run them once a week (if that) and I'm still at a 926 ilvl 8/9H ToS in a guild that plans on moving into mythic ToS and I do just fine parse wise.
    Unless you are a high end mythic raider, its not mandatory,

People might want to progress their charaters to the brim, but to say its mandatory to clear heroic, or even first few mythic bosses, is laughable.

Since they trashed the reward from M+ only really the weekly matters, but that's debatable too because its usually trash

It depends on how you play the game. If you raid then the most likely are. If nothing else skipping the +15 weekly cache is foolish. I normally will try to do at least one mythic + on any alts I want to keep raid ready too, the AP and extra gear from the cache is too good to pass up on, that is on top of whatever the dungeon gave you too. I do understand people don't like them or don't have the time for them. For me they are far too quick and easy to pass up on such a reward rich part of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Since they trashed the reward from M+ only really the weekly matters, but that's debatable too because its usually trash
    That is really only true if you are running low level keys. Yeah spamming MaW below a 12 or so is a waste of time, but that isn't the case for all dungeons. I have to say I really enjoy the 920 horn of valor I picked up too.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Stopped doing them a couple weeks ago since I've never equipped anything from the weekly chest and +15's take a decent amount of time considering you have to run 1-3 prior to the 15 just to push the key up. Wasn't worth my time investment for weekly 930 cloaks with terrible stats. The odds of getting a trinket at all are minuscule, let alone one that's actually good.

Weekly +15, absolutely. Beyond that? Not really. Can definitely be worth it for gear still(thanks, titanforging -_-), though, so there's still plenty of reason to run them.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-07-23 at 10:17 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    That is really only true if you are running low level keys. Yeah spamming MaW below a 12 or so is a waste of time, but that isn't the case for all dungeons. I have to say I really enjoy the 920 horn of valor I picked up too.
    On occasion you get something good, but then you get cloaks 5 weeks in a row when you have a legendary and it just turns you off.

i havent run m+ in like 5 months

Weekly +15 I consider about as mandatory as running obsolete raids, hoping for titanforged gear. Beyond that I consider them huge waste of time.

Only for the +15 once a week for me at least

While getting a guarantee 930+ item every week is nice and can even make your character stronger, I don't consider doing a +15 mandatory. Like raiding and PvPing, it's a choice, nothing more. You choose what you want to do in the game at any time. Nobody can tell you how to play the game.

If you feel like getting a 930+ item every week is important, then you'll feel like it's mandatory, which is normal if you ask me, because you want your character to be stronger and to perform better. A +15 dungeon gives 910+ items that can be even useful, especially the necklaces, rings and trinkets if RNG can be in your favor.

For my case, doing Mythic+ is fun because it makes dungeons relevant and the weekly affixes add variation and replayability, but raiding is always going to offer more.

i did the weekly run every week and got exactly one item that i eqipped, but only for a week. The odds of getting something that is an upgrade are so fucking small, at least for my class. Its a good way to eqip chars that are not raiding, but for raiding people that require a special set of stats and on special slots, its a nightmare to get something good from m+. I have plenty of 920 /930 rings that are worse than the 900 craftable i have eqipped. The only situation were i wear the stuff from m+ is in pvp, because of itemlvl. I have yet to get a piece of armor that has my 2 bis stats on it from m+ weekly chests. after over half a year of m+. On the other hand, some lucky guy in my guild got a 930 angerboda two weeks ago. He doesnt need it even.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't stepped foot into a single one.

So no. Not mandatory.

Call me a casual scrub if you want, when my subscription is active I don't consider anynthing, but having fun with my time mandatory. I often do low level raiding (LFR and normals) because I want to see it, but I don't see in which way doing higher level content for higher level loot only necessary for even harder level content (or for playing with some elitist pricks that want 50+ iLvl than necessary for a normal dungeon run) could possibly be considered mandatory.

But then again, I tend to "waste" half of my subscription time leveling alts.

Doing one 15+ every reset for the 930 gear is "mandatory" for anybody who's doing any kind Mythic raiding. Kind of like doing the daily HC for for your badges while they mattered in WotLK/Cata and capping your Valor points for gear upgrades while they matted in MoP/WoD was mandatory.

Sure, it won't be the end of the world if you don't do it one week here and there, but that should be the exception, not the rule. If you are blatantly ignoring it and just showing up to raids, you are being a lazy shitter asking to get carried.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2017-07-23 at 10:59 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory