Poll: Would you?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but only for something extremely tedious, like some fishing achievements.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

15+ Year Old Account
    Id bot to farm fish and lvl alts to 100
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    There is MMORPGs where some forms of botting legally allowed but they are not like WOW, and legal in-game bots in them have limitations, like they can heal themselves but if they die they have to be ressurected manually.

They are probably designed for so called AFK gaming when you studying and opening game window once in 30mins to check if bot died or not so you have to ressurect him.

Legal botting with limitations is not like illegal botting that gives botters huge advantges vs normal players.

If I'd never be banned for it, and I could do it for the right price (100% free), I might be tempted. But I know what the result would be: I'd end up gold capped, level capped on all my alts, geared to the hilt on a few characters, I'd have some of the prestige achievements I'd otherwise never have, and then I'd be done with the game forever. I would lose all motivation to ever play again. I know this because it happens every time I cheat in any game, ever. I'm sure Blizzard realizes this too and it's why they treat bots as an existential threat to the game.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    There is MMORPGs where some forms of botting legally allowed but they are not like WOW, and legal in-game bots in them have limitations, like they can heal themselves but if they die they have to be ressurected manually.

They are probably designed for so called AFK gaming when you studying and opening game window once in 30mins to check if bot died or not so you have to ressurect him.

Legal botting with limitations is not like illegal botting that gives botters huge advantges vs normal players.
    Black Desert also has AFK fishing option, which is awesome. Like a bot essentially that's built into the game. Wouldn't make sense in WOW though, but it would be so good still.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if you could steal from billionaires, you'd be an idiot to not do it.
    In a world without consequences, maybe.

Deleted
    I actually expected the percentage of bashful liars on MMOC to be a bit lower.

Of course I wouldn't, it corrupts the game and ruin other players experience. But whats weird is all this people talking like it's some kind of a golden ticket, correct me if I'm wrong but you buy a game, you pay to play it and then you pay not to play it. That's impressive.

I would. There are things I want locked behind grinds I don't want.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I'll continue botting until they fix the leveling experience and speed it up. Especially 60 - 70 and 70 - 80.

A player shouldn't have to go through 110 ( or maybe even 120 soon) levels to reach end game content.
    It's outdated and it needs to be fixed. That is why the hero classes are so good, because they start off at a higher level.

Increase the exp gained from quests, bgs and dungeons or decrease the exp needed to level, apply level scaling to all zones and fuck it, add bonus objectives and invasion-ish events to make the leveling experience more interesting.

Then we'll talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I knew without a shadow of doubt? Then yes. You'd be an idiot not to set one up for your chosen grind. I'd have one running pvp CONSTANTLY until I hit prestige 5 on my rogue.

However bots are regularly caught so I will remain on my high horse of indigent outrage and Moral superiority
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    I'll continue botting until they fix the leveling experience and speed it up. Especially 60 - 70 and 70 - 80.

A player shouldn't have to go through 110 ( or maybe even 120 soon) levels to reach end game content.
    It's outdated and it needs to be fixed. That is why the hero classes are so good, because they start off at a higher level.

Increase the exp gained from quests, bgs and dungeons or decrease the exp needed to level, apply level scaling to all zones and fuck it, add bonus objectives and invasion-ish events to make the leveling experience more interesting.

Then we'll talk.
    Adding level scaling to all zones would actually fix the problems with leveling. At least for me.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    It affects everyone. Between Honor farming, material farming, leveling on auto. Yeah it affects everyone.
    How does lvl'ing effect others?

When i lvl an alt it does not effect any one ellse
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogplus View Post
    Of course I wouldn't, it corrupts the game and ruin other players experience. But whats weird is all this people talking like it's some kind of a golden ticket, correct me if I'm wrong but you buy a game, you pay to play it and then you pay not to play it. That's impressive.
    The truth is Not everybody is you. If I can shortcut getting something I want that requires doing something I don't want to- then I will. Then there's the fact that people do play differently. To use my best example, warframe. I don't grind for shit in warframe. I will buy frames and weapons as I'm able because the enjoyable part of that game for me is levelling and USING my new toys. I don't find it fun to try and obtain them.

It's the same for some people and what they'd bot. Their experience is Not cheapened because they would circumvent something that would ruin their experience. Now this aint a support for botters, until things are more flexible you should have to deal or go without
    Wrath baby and proud of it

It is a nonsensical question, since when botting is allowed it just becomes part of the game. Kinda like asking whether you equip gear in today's game. Yes, you can have fun doing naked/ironman challenges, but it is the exception rather than the rule. Sure, in World of Botcraft you can play bot-less, but it wouldn't be mainstream.

It's not really needed in WoW, everything is quite quick to obtain nowadays. Maybe certain rep grinds. I've only botted a few times in Runescape where a 99 skill took forever to get back in 2005-2007 where everything was manual clicking and there was no 'Make all' option at the time, 65xp per bow made, for example and just under 14 million experience required for 99, That's like 215,384 manual clicks...RIP wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    You'd be an idiot not to set one up for your chosen grind. I'd have one running pvp CONSTANTLY until I hit prestige 5 on my rogue.
    That's the voice behind all this one sided bgs where you either wait for 30 min or get ganked for 15.
    Next time you see a full garbage can just throw it out of the window, you are obviously not one of this morons who waste their time walking to a proper place for that kind of things. Then tell your neighbors how much of a douchebags they are with their fake ass moral whining.

If I feel compelled to have a game play for me while I'm not at the keyboard, it's not a game worth playing in the first place.

"Would you run a computer program to play a computer game for you?"

Well no, no I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    I don't get why people get their panties in a bunch over botters. It doesn't affect you.
    It does affect me. When a botter is running around grabbing nodes and keeping me from my goods, it's very much affecting me. Granted Legion lessened this, but it still affects my stock and market.