Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    For a novelist, her tweet grammar is pretty atrocious....

Method: "This fight is too strong for our current gear level, nerf plis!"

Blizzard: "OK!"

Method: "Thanks buddy!"

If she writes like she tweets its going to be awful

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    i wonder what next novel will be released.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I would as a company go on my hands and knees to patrick rothfuss, elizabeth moon, david weber and beg them with piles of money to write. It would improve the series so much
    I doubt any of them would be interested in tying themselves to a franchise like Warcraft, and being constrained by whoever is writing lore now inside of Blizzard. They want to write their own worlds, where they're in control - they also have to be interested in the genre. The money is an issue, too - they don't get all of it, they get a cut - why would they give away a percentage of their earnings, when they can keep most of it themselves? Writing a book isn't easy, after all. That's why they get fan fic writers like Christy Golden - she's a professional fan fiction writer.

I've always thought the same - they should hire a big name author to come in for a year, and write out the rest of the Warcraft lore, flesh it out, create new characters, breath some life back into the game...until I thought about it. It would be like hiring a world class artist to fill in the backgrounds in a painting someone else did - not exactly anyone's cup of tea, if they're an established artist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    If she writes like she tweets its going to be awful
    It's her, of course it's going to be awful. I've yet to get more than a chapter into any of the books she wrote, she's a hack, pure and simple.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    i wonder what next novel will be released.

I would as a company go on my hands and knees to patrick rothfuss, elizabeth moon, david weber and beg them with piles of money to write. It would improve the series so much
    But they dont want to write for companies. Simply because they dont need to. Blizz has the money, it is not a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps now that she is an official writer... rather than a contract writer. Her writing thus far has been pretty dismal. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and assuming that her hands were tied creatively... now we see what she can really do. Hopeful... but not expectant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faifel View Post
    My thoughts exactly. All the cheering when she her employment with Blizz was announced had my dying laughing. Her works tend to be on fanfiction levels and her grasp of the English language tends to feel spurious at best.
    I've seen better fan faction honestly.

My brother-in-law applied for the position she now has. His first (incomplete novel) is infinitely better than anything she ever wrote.

But perhaps now that she is part of the inner circle... she can actually progress the story, and develop characters... maybe? hopefully?

OMG yes to Rothfuss and Moon, *IF* you could clone them so they actually keep writing what they're already writing.

Except, if you asked Rothfuss we'd be waiting 10 years between each book or lore expansion. I love Rothfuss, but lets be realistic, he can't finish the series he's currently on at a reasonable pace or keep work coming at a reasonable pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    True. And I think you should have to farm gear from the instance you're working on before being able to clear it. Otherwise what's the point?
    And the vast, vast majority of us will.

Not that you're making a valid point in the first place. They repeatedly state that it was the encounter design fucking them over, not any gear checks. There were at least two remarks made about having 950 equipped wouldn't have even helped them. They're in fact making your point exactly where you're failing to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

FailFish.. professional writer can't write a tweet correctly.