Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    What i find funny is that OBamacare only has 10 million right now. They just cut the EXPANSION IN THE FUTURE. No one with insurance right now is losing it. Bunch of fake news.
    The ACA is responsible for bringing on far more than that, many got brought on through their employer rather than the exchanges though. The article I linked has the numbers on it, and the CBO was pretty much spot-on for the number of folks added by the ACA when you combine those who have insurance through the exchanges and those that got insurance through their employers due to ACA requirements.

And yes, the last-ditch effort was to delay the repeal until after the 2018 midterms to give the GOP a "win" while not having to actually do any work, and more time to hopefully get their own party on board to get 51 votes. Not fake news at all, it was accurately reported on by outlets all over.

that 30% of people who are still on the Trump train and 17% that want the full repeal are not going to give a shit if Trump and the republicans take their healthcare away. Pretty unfair to want to toss the rest of us under the bus for those jackasses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The ACA is responsible for bringing on far more than that, many got brought on through their employer rather than the exchanges though. The article I linked has the numbers on it, and the CBO was pretty much spot-on for the number of folks added by the ACA when you combine those who have insurance through the exchanges and those that got insurance through their employers due to ACA requirements.

And yes, the last-ditch effort was to delay the repeal until after the 2018 midterms to give the GOP a "win" while not having to actually do any work, and more time to hopefully get their own party on board to get 51 votes. Not fake news at all, it was accurately reported on by outlets all over.
    The presidents party has always, with two exceptions, one due to Bush skyrocketing in popularity after 911, lost seats in midterm elections since the 40s. The Republicans may break even in the Senate due to more Democrat incumbents being up, but the chances of anything but losses in the house are pretty close to 0 barring another attack even worse than 911. Remember bush was in the low 50s pre 911. Trump is in the mid 30s.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    that 30% of people who are still on the Trump train and 17% that want the full repeal are not going to give a shit if Trump and the republicans take their healthcare away. Pretty unfair to want to toss the rest of us under the bus for those jackasses.
    They won't care immediately, but reality will dawn on them when they inevitably get sick and get kindly told to fuck off and die due to not being able to afford it anymore. Remember, up untilthe elections most people thought obamacare and the ACA were two separate things, and a good amount of people still think that because nothing that directly affected their lives has happened . . . yet. Trump voters dont care about Russia scandals because it has 0 effects on their life. Losing Healthcare is a different story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Well even if that worst case scenario happens there's more trump supporters on the ACA than hillary supporters were so at least a great deal of them will die by 2020.
    I appreciate your honesty but I'll choose not to agree with it. Yes, the only way some people will learn is if the problem hits them where they live, so I see where you're going with that and understand that. But we've already seen reports that TrumpCare could cost more lives per year than guns or auto collisions. That pri...yes, guns total, including accidents and suicides. That price is too high for me, nor do I wish the kind of often slow, painful death lack of health coverage brings on...um...anyone.

While I don't like the idea of 30 million people losing their insurance I do like the idea of 30 million newly uninsured angry voters throwing Republicans out of Washington for good.

Hey at least I'm honest.
    Problem is they will flood the system and you will end up having to pay all that bad debt anyway.

2nd problem is these people can easily be convinced it was the liberals fault!

3rd problem they will vote republican even if they are in the middle of being raped by a republican in the voting booth

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    What i find funny is that OBamacare only has 10 million right now. They just cut the EXPANSION IN THE FUTURE. No one with insurance right now is losing it. Bunch of fake news.
    wrong answer.
    Obamacare / ACA has about

12.7m enrolled at the end of march 2017
    14.4m enrolled in the expanded medicaid under ACA

total is around 26-27 million

amazing how people love to conveniently forget the ACA has two parts, but i guess that is the only way you can sell the picture that its failing...and that the CBO numbers are way off.

Deleted
    Original idea behind Obamacare was actually pretty good, but most important piece (single, state-funded insurance) was cut out of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    Original idea behind Obamacare was actually pretty good, but most important piece (single, state-funded insurance) was cut out of it.
    It is only faltering due to intentional sabotage by radical right wing nut governors for years and now trump. This is why obamacare works out very well in some places and terribly in others. They have the right wing spiteful idiots that they elected to thank for their suffering. So to hell with the idiots who voted these corrupted piece of shit governors in and to hell with people dumb enough to believe anything that comes out of that putin-fellating mouth they call a president

10+ Year Old Account
    "I want people to die because my team might win in 4 years"

7+ Year Old Account
    Think of Republicans as immature little children. Tell them the stove is hot and touching it will burn like hell, but they're still going to touch it anyway. Then when they find out the hard way that fire does indeed burn they're far less likely to repeat the same mistake.
    Last edited by Wvvtayy; 2017-07-24 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    To be fair, they brought it on themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    There is a difference between stating that as an opinion, and legislating to make that happen.
    @Wvvtayy might seem a little dark, but he's not voting to kill people for a tax cut for the rich.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There is a difference between stating that as an opinion, and legislating to make that happen.
    @Wvvtayy might seem a little dark, but he's not voting to kill people for a tax cut for the rich.
    It is dark, but sometimes the only way to destroy something as corrupt and fucked up as the gop you have to stoop down to their level temporarily because it'll be make things much better in the long run at the cost of fucking up the current reality even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is dark
    Again, I get where you're coming from. And you're not actually making it happen, which is a big difference.

7+ Year Old Account
    I find it very depressing that it has come to this, actually. I don't want anyone to be hurt. I feel for the people who didn't vote for this to happen and are still going to be hurt by this. But in the current situation the only two possible outcomes, the gop fucks us over big time and the hard line Republican voters get hurt enough to realize what's happening and begin to change things, at the cost of a lesser but still significant amount of innocent people being hurt too. Or the Republicans fuck us a bit less hard now but in return are allowed to continue destroying us as a nation unhindered hurting far more people over a much longer period of time. It really pains me that that's what things have come to, it makes my blood boil thinking about it. But until it dawns on everybody that there are no other possible outcomes people are going to think I'm evil for simply being a realist.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Many years before took office my friend. Years before he took any public office.
    Yeah, but we've had Obamacare for 17 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Yeah, but we've had Obamacare for 17 years.
    Lol, inb4 people who don't get the reference.

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP is what is wrong with partisanship. You want your countrymen hurting, so another political party can benefit. Regardless of both sides doing it, you should know better.

It's difficult to agree with people, who call for cutting off their own nose, because the guy sawing it back on needs better publicity.

- - - Updated - - -

Think of Republicans as immature little children. Tell them the stove is hot and touching it will burn like hell, but they're still going to touch it anyway. Then when they find out the hard way that fire does indeed burn they're far less likely to repeat the same mistake.
    Yes, but watching in glee as the kid burns him self, is child abuse.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The OP is what is wrong with partisanship. You want your countrymen hurting, so another political party can benefit. Regardless of both sides doing it, you should know better.

It's difficult to agree with people, who call for cutting off their own nose, because the guy sawing it back on needs better publicity.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but watching in glee as the kid burns him self, is child abuse.
    I'm not watching in glee. I'm watching them make a mistake and learn from it in hopes they don't do it again. Child abuse would be taking the hand and holding it on to the stove.

Lol, inb4 people who don't get the reference.
    To be fair, I had to google it. It's a damn recent reference >.>

http://thehill.com/media/343501-msnb...existed-for-17

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    To be fair, I had to google it. It's a damn recent reference >.>

http://thehill.com/media/343501-msnb...existed-for-17
    Ahhhhhh it's good the dark humor constantly coming from this twittering manchild makes the wait for the midterms a bit more bearable.