Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    Blacking out does not equal passing out. Also, a sober person can not tell when a drunk person is blacked out. That confirmation occurs the next day.
    This. I pretty frequently have people come say hi at the bar and I'm like "uh hi" and they suddenly realize I don't remember.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    This is how the world used to work at least. Confusing how logic is a lost art. What do we do to both the drunk people in this bar? Lock them both up because they fucked while drunk?
    Everyone should carry a consent letter with them at all times. /solved

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It said it was her "friend" who was walking her to a car. Why is he all of a sudden doing something else to her?
    They were kissing. Ask the girl first why she was kissing her friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    He asked 5 times... Is he also supposed to be a psychic cablable of reading her mind deep beneath drunkiness?

If you are honestly asking anyone for consent, drunk or not, you have every right to accept 'yes' as an answer. It is not your responsibility, nor you are even capable to judge (except for those extremely obvious cases) wheter she's 'too drunk to consent' or 'didn't drink enough to be incapable of consent'.
    You can ask a million times anything, not even sex related, if you never get an answer, its not yes... No answer is just that, no answer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    This is how the world used to work at least. Confusing how logic is a lost art. What do we do to both the drunk people in this bar? Lock them both up because they fucked while drunk?
    I also think if we start saying drunk sex is rape then DUI should not be a criminal charge since the person was "unable to make a decision"

Deleted
    It said it was her "friend" who was walking her to a car. Why is he all of a sudden doing something else to her?
    Either Tennisace has been friendzoned so much he cant relate to a healthy teenage boy or he still has to hit puberty.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    How would that help, when you can just say "I was drunk, does not count!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    How would that help, when you can just say "I was drunk, does not count!"
    I dunno. Maybe have a digital consent form and some sort of alcohol % blow thingy. That way they can warm up aswell.

Either Tennisace has been friendzoned so much he cant relate to a healthy teenage boy or he still has to hit puberty.
    he's well beyond puberty. he's into his unemployed friendzone years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I also think if we start saying drunk sex is rape then DUI should not be a criminal charge since the person was "unable to make a decision"
    If we start saying that drunk sex is rape and that you can't consent no matter what your level of intoxication is, then the already low birth rates in western society will plummet to fucking zero and everyone will be living alone.

I don't think I know anyone who didn't start off their relationship through a night of more-or-less drunken sex.

Can intoxicated people easily tell who else is intoxicated? The confusion probably is in there somewhere, when both the victim and the perpetrator are intoxicated.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    1. Getting drunk is entirely your fault. That choice will deny you the option to not give a consent.
    2. They were both drunk. Nobody of them could give a consent. In normal circumstances, he would probably be sentenced for "raping" her, which is stupid.
    But:
    3. Being drunk doesn't absolve you of a crime.
    4. She was blacked out, the boy is stupid and should be jailed. He could clearly fucking see that she's blacked out.

The moment that alcohol touches a woman's lips she is no longer able to consent to anything. So anything that happens to her is now considered rape. Men, you can be in a freaking coma and it won't be considered rape because guess what. Captain Happy is standing tall, clinically brain dead but men will always be able to consent. That is what these people want you to believe, this is the future we are heading for.

If both people are drunk, how can you say 1 of them is responsible for consent. You would have to charge them both with rape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it seriously that hard to figure out that consent has to be meaningful? If people are drunk, their consent isn't meaningful.

Stories like this have a pretty simple take away...your first time having sex with someone probably shouldn't be while either of you is drunk.
    Another tip is, if you have to ask someone 5 times, it's pretty clear at least one of you doesn't think it's a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Problem is when both are drunk. Since both can't give consent, did they not just rape each other, aka now they are both victims/rapists? Or the more sensible choice which is to say neither is the victim nor the rapist.
    However in this case it looks like the girl was so drunk that she needed help to get to her car. The guy on the other hand? He seems rather opportunistic doesn't he? Wasn't he just walking her to the car?

Doesn't matter, the argument is that they were unable to consent due to intoxication. Any consent form wouldn't be valid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    You can ask a million times anything, not even sex related, if you never get an answer, its not yes... No answer is just that, no answer.
    Which is almsot never the case in most of these stories. You DO get consent, one side just never remembers it.

- - - Updated - - -

You of all people here suddenly become religious and only accept sex inside marriage now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    1. Getting drunk is entirely your fault. That choice will deny you the option to not give a consent.
    2. They were both drunk. Nobody of them could give a consent. In normal circumstances, he would probably be sentenced for "raping" her, which is stupid.
    But:
    3. Being drunk doesn't absolve you of a crime.
    4. She was blacked out, the boy is stupid and should be jailed. He could clearly fucking see that she's blacked out.
    You do realize that your first point makes it easy for people to rape drunk people right? "They consented officer, they're drunk so they can't NOT give consent"

I don't even accept the ethical standard that you can't consent while drunk, though there may also be a legal one. We hold people who are drinking accountable for basically every other decision they make with the exception of ones related to sexual contact.

Originally the argument wasn't even that someone was drunk, said yes, and then found out later they had sex they didn't want to have, it was that people were so drunk they weren't even awake enough to say anything and someone had sex with them. Those arguing against my point will claim that 99.9% of these cases are the latter but according to almost every anecdote they are the former, and they are trying to argue that the "saying yes while drunk" cases are in reality the "Passed out and completely unconscious" cases. Its a case of the most insanely moved goalposts.