Poll: Would you?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yes and no

Id not do it for end game materials or gear etc, but this week 5 friends of mine have joined wow. At nights we level but in the day time they work on professions etc. And I just dont have the time to catch up at night, id not see a issue setting up a bot to get low herbs etc

10+ Year Old Account
    I would for sure..wtf? People actually like doing mundane, repetitive and challenge-less tasks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogplus View Post
    That's the voice behind all this one sided bgs where you either wait for 30 min or get ganked for 15.
    Next time you see a full garbage can just throw it out of the window, you are obviously not one of this morons who waste their time walking to a proper place for that kind of things. Then tell your neighbors how much of a douchebags they are with their fake ass moral whining.
    It's almost like I don't value pvp or the people who partake in it. I would bot until I had what I wanted and never look back
    Wrath baby and proud of it

No. Why would you bother playing a game at all if all you want to do is bot?

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Nope. Why? Because why play something you're so bored with you feel the need to bot to make it fun for you.

Whats the point in a computer playing the game for you?

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    No. Why would you bother playing a game at all if all you want to do is bot?
    Because they considered it "work" and not "play". They want the reward but not willingly to "work" for it. That is my guess.

Surprised at the results and the amount of people willingly to do this. Yet in the same room (forum), other people are complaining about similar things, such as "welfare" epics to the "undeserving".

I guess it is the old arguments. It is okay if I do it and agree with it. It is not when others do it and I disagree with it.

100%. All i care about are epicz
    c

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Because theres no such thing as "knowing you wouldn't get banned for it". You know who thought that? All the people who botted and got banned.

Now, if Blizzard implemented a sort of "AI NPC" to do dungeons or LFR with, that would be interesting. Sort of like how if a player disconnects from Heroes of the Storm, AI takes over that character. Same premise.

Heck, I've played a lot of games where even if people aren't logged in, their character is loitering around town on autopilot, making the game seem much more populated. it's not an awful idea.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I don't understand the appeal of paying to play a game only to set up a computer program to play it for me.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

yea, who cares if it affects other peoples experience.

Deleted
    Like a fishing bot? I sure would.

But i'm againstl bots and all kinds of cheating and exploiting. And i know many players are always out to try and exploit everything they can and ruin it for the rest of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Now, if Blizzard implemented a sort of "AI NPC" to do dungeons or LFR with, that would be interesting. Sort of like how if a player disconnects from Heroes of the Storm, AI takes over that character. Same premise.
    AI NPC helpers are hardly a new concept in MMORPGs, to boot. Guild Wars (unsure if GW2 does it), the Phantasy Star Online/Universe series, SWTOR, FFXIV (to a limited extent; you can't bring your chocobo into instanced content except as a mount in the few maps that allow mounting up, most of which are Frontline PvP maps), and Marvel Heroes (OK, more of an ARPG but still) all have a pretty robust system in place where you can earn/buy AI NPC allies to help make soloing a more feasible task, or to fill in empty slots in your party, helping sell the 'groups of adventurers' feel without completely stonewalling a player's leveling experience if they can't find someone else in the zone they're playing through.

Could be kind of cool to adapt that system to WoW, but I also wouldn't really consider it an absolute, diehard must-have system, either considering how solo-friendly WoW is compared to some other MMOs. I guess it's just a matter of how devs design the content and what concessions they make to ensure solo players (ironically the single biggest demographic in most MMORPGs these days whenever the subject is brought up to the devs) can see enough of the game to keep them tuned in.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    How are there so many people in this thread who don't understand the distinction between somebody saying "I'd run a fishing bot" and "I'll have this play for me"
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Yup. Use it to lvl new toons, collect mats for my proffs, probably not much else

10+ Year Old Account
    i probably would but i'd feel bad about it. ethically speaking.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    Yep, I'd bot. I did bot (interrupt/rotation bots) before and was never banned for it, even raided in a guild ranking in the top100 with it. You'd be surprised how well these bots performed during raids, you just had to do mechanics and the dps would've been taken care for. You had to think, still, you needed to manage your cooldowns manually, same goes for cleaving and whatnot, but oh boy was the game trivial then.
    Yeah, the rotation was something the Bots could do very well but if the player took the time to work with the bot then you could parse very highly. At the very least, a bot that could help with rotation (remember non-botters, it's something you'd toggle on/off) -at the very least, it would help you concentrate on mechanics.

On topic, yes I would bot again. I always used it for personal gain though I understand that the PVP scene (Arena) and random BGs were adversely effected so I would rather not those scenes ever be ruined by botting every again.

I think it's a great place we're in now though, where botting is effectively more underground than it's ever been in WoW and although I miss it I'm having so much fun with my Brewmaster -rotation, artifact and leggos I feel invincible. I do miss being able to have the option of having a semi-autopilot for my rotation, however. As I'm getting a bit older, rotations in competitive raiding seem to take more of my attention than the mechanics... but then I'm more casual than ever.

Could question though OP, certainly brought out a lot of botters and non-botters!

Deleted
    The answer is : Hell,yeah!

Why?

Very simple. I am herbing/mining to get the money for upgrading all the heirlooms. Its not 20 minutes of farming but many hours.
    During that time I come in contact with a particular bot ( Tank- green gear - guildless - 24x7 on sumarar - Flying without the achievement - fly hack: its more like jumping and not falling - and doing the bot routine so even if the node is right there he first gets back to the route and then fly back down to the node).

I report it several times. I know how this works and dont expect to get rid of him easily.

I go to the AH and found 24000 roses from this guy (he could at least post them on another char) at retard price ( 33% of last week average) so its wait for prices to go up or waste many hours of farming.

I comment the issue on trade. Most people are happy about it and proceed to buy the roses. They are eager to get cheap resources and praise the botter.

So now I say : F- U - C - K Y - O - U on a stick with pink colored candies.

People dont give a fuck about honest farmers that keeps the mantra "want something? put effort on it" so I dont give a fuck about the damage bots do to the game (and they do).

Without banning hammer the only moral objection that can be made is void since 90% is happy to get cheap materials.

So Again: Hell,yeah!

Deleted
    Of course I'm happy to get cheap materials. In that way, the botters are literally WoW's robin-hood-type figures.