Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Jehovah's witnesses are nice people, I just don't like any solicitors knocking at my door. People will come to your religion if they feel a calling.

Deleted
    My grandpa broke a Jehovahs witness foot once, when he tried to close the door and the guy put his foot between the door.

I have to say, there seem to be less and less of these people (or they stopped going door to door).

Gates communities generally keep them at bay.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    tell them fuck off from my property or i call the police
    get off my lawn!!!

Open the door in your underwear, invite them in, and spend the whole time leering at them while rubbing yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    There's been these guys knocking at my door for 20 minutes yelling, 'please 7up!'

I told him I only have coke so he says

'then sprite that's why were here!'

At this point I'm just like alright dude fuck off, how do I make this guy go away?
    You can put yourself on a list and they'll never bother you again, never bothered with it myself but i know this from an actual witness

Deleted
    Looks like a religion bashing thread.

/close

Doesnt work.

Deleted
    It's kinda bad how so many talk bad about this religion. You don't even listen to them so you know nothing about them. If they come and visit you why not trying to be a good host, offer some drinks and talk to them? They are just humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    It's kinda bad how so many talk bad about this religion. You don't even listen to them so you know nothing about them. If they come and visit you why not trying to be a good host, offer some drinks and talk to them? They are just humans.
    People aren't interested in sitting down to listen to a sales pitch for a religion

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    Do you invite in and offer drink to everyone knocking on your door, even someone selling vacuum cleaner? You either the most welcoming or the most bored, or both, person of the planet. I've had door salesman coming at my door, never religious group thus far, just say "not interested, good day" and go on with my day.

As for talking bad about religion, that's freedom of speech, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Tell them that Jesus and Archangel Gabriel were once lovers.

That should send them running the other way.

"Sorry, I'm not interested."

It isn't that hard...

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Tell them that Jesus and Archangel Gabriel were once lovers.

That should send them running the other way.
    Considering they believe in stupid ideas themselves, it's more likely they'll just assume you're serious and start preaching anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

In Germany those I have met, leave instantly if you say you are not interested and don't make such a fuss. Are JWs in the USA really that different?
    Last edited by josykay; 2017-07-25 at 05:58 PM.

Deleted
    Not only is this thread going into discussing - and partially bashing - religion, it also hasn't been very constructive overall.

Closing.