Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    No, the Trumpers who happen to be scouts parents booed him for it. But I would bet those people would boo Obama for saving a child from a fire.
    "Trumpers" booed Obama in 2010?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    There is nothing political about equal treatment of others.
    The PotUS apparently chose not show because of that. Call it what you like. No other PoUS in the history of the US has done that to the BSA jamboree except Obama and he was booed for it, not once but twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Are you suggesting Obama is the only president not to attend? Because of course you would be wrong, which is not shocking at all. But at least you know the truth now and can stop vomiting out that nonsense.

https://middletownscouter.wordpress....onal-jamboree/
    Apparently you haven't taken the time to read this thread very thoroughly have you?

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Did you call when Obama failed to show for the 100th anniversary? Rumor has it he did it because of their stance on homosexuals at the time.
    Nope, because he didn't politicize the event. His decision not to attend may have been politically motivated, but he didn't show up to admonish the Scouts in attendance for the organizations stance on LGBT members.

Big difference, dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Nope, because he didn't politicize the event. His decision not to attend may have been politically motivated, but he didn't show up to admonish the Scouts in attendance for the organizations stance on LGBT members.

Big difference, dog.
    That is correct, he didn't politicize it to the extent that the current PotUS did.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    That is correct, he didn't politicize it to the extent that the current PotUS did.
    No, he specifically didn't politicize it at all by no attending. His decision not to attend, while politically motivated, preserved the integrity of the event and its focus on the scouts, rather than Obama himself or politics.

At least he was a scout, himself, and could understand a respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Those divorces clearly weren't Trump's fault. Trump is not a "pussy grabber". Locker room talk doesn't define a man.
    Considering that at least 2 women have confirmed they were grabbed by Trump like he described in 2005 in the tape, it isn't just locker room talk.

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump...gations-507763

Thanks for being a liar for Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

- ObamaCare is a boondoggle
    - Obama failed to reform immigration
    - He withdrew prematurely from Iraq
    - He blew the Arab Spring
    - Obama ignored the threat of a resurgent Russian dictatorship
    - He didn’t shut down Guantanamo, keep the NSA from spying, or rein in the drones
    - He has made America irrelevant
    1. Obamacare has its problems, sure, but compared to Republican plans, it is preferred.
    2. Obama tried to reform immigration, through several methods, but Republicans wanted nothing to do with it in congress.
    3. It wasn't Obama's decision to withdraw from Iraq. It was Bush's. And Obama wanted to stay longer, but the president of Iraq didn't want to sign the SOFA agreement to keep troops there.
    4. Obama had nothing to do with the Arab Spring, I don't know why you said he "blew it".
    5. Obama didn't ignore the Russian dictatorship, he did basically everything he could do without declaring all out war against Russia. Sanctions and removing them from their compounds and the country.
    6. He tried EVERYTHING HE COULD to shutdown Guantanamo. Republicans actually put a rider on a bill to make it so that Obama couldn't close it. So your blame for Guantanamo is misplaced.
    7. Obama was more liked by everyone in the world compared to Bush and Trump. Most of the countries liked Obama, right now the only country that likes Trump, is fucking RUSSIA.

So, of course you obviously never checked your facts, but please don't ever spout bullshit like that again, especially when you are that fucking wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You know how in Married: With Children, Al Bundy's only lifetime victory was that one game he played that one time in high school?

Trump going on about winning the election is exactly that. He has to keep reminding people that he won, because otherwise, he's a fat sexist racist shoe salesman with his hand down his pants and a hot daughter.
    The difference being, Al Bundy is so much smarter than Trump he might as well be Stephen Hawking in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    He's still bragging about the election.

JFC.
    And accusing the media of lying about his inauguration crowd size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    How's this for an idea.
    What if Trump just created his own children's group. He could call it the Trump Youth Group.
    Does that make everyone happy???

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    And yet...

He has a White Trash conception of what wealth is.
    i have a question... is all of that shit gold?
    like seriously, who the fuck has everyting gold-plated or golden in color? if i was a multi-millionaire, my house would be in white interiors, with some good pieces of art inside (mostly paintings)
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

I remember a couple days ago hearing Trump was going to speak to the Boy Scouts, and thinking at the time "oh..... this isn't going to end well"

and guess what ? Not only does he go on another self-indulgent persecution complex rant... but he uses language that would have gotten a normal citizen thrown out of a movie theater...

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    like seriously, who the fuck has everyting gold-plated or golden in color?
    Donald J. Trump, that's who.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    How's this for an idea.
    What if Trump just created his own children's group. He could call it the Trump Youth Group.
    Too late... outsourced, to be in line with Trump's other endeavors:

https://youtu.be/F0XFdFhkTuo

On a related not, I heart Japan:

https://youtu.be/lcXg3AySvxg
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Donald Trump's speech last night in front of the Boy Scouts of America was not only highly inappropriate. It was disgusting.

I would like to hope it is a nadir in our country's political discourse, but it seems like the slide downward only accelerates. So it stands as a sad encapsulation of our current age.

No doubt many in the crowd were riled up by Mr. Trump's stale rhetoric of "fake news" and lies about his "massive" electoral victory. But the Boy Scouts is a diverse organization with chapters in every corner of this nation. And today, many are no doubt wondering whether they belong in a group that is supposed to be built on community and service. Many of these boys may be wondering more broadly whether they belong in a country led by a man like this.

Scouts learn the importance of being “trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.” How few of those adjectives apply to our current Commander in Chief. A man who can't control himself to act in a manner befitting the setting, is a man without the steadiness of character to run a nation. A grown man who is so insecure as to seek affirmation in a group of teenagers is not a man with the maturity to lead a nation. A man who is so self-absorbed as to make every utterance about himself and his needs is not a man with the vision to elevate a nation.

Part of being president is to be the leader of the entire country. And every president I can remember (and that's a lot of them) revelled in moments when they had a venue to shake off the partisanship of Washington and speak in exalted tones to the people. But whether it's dedicating an aircraft carrier or talking to Boy Scouts, Mr. Trump so far has seemed incapable of performing that simple task.

Bluntly put - and there is no joy in having to say this – he is tearing apart the norms of our nation. So it is incumbent on those who recognize the damage being done to stitch back the bonds that unite us and work hard to muffle the echoes of his divisiveness.
    Words are Dan Rather. Emphasis is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    How's this for an idea.
    To be fair, the Trumpkin Youth would be positively adorable in uniform.

"Build the Wall"

I love how they point out that Trump was taking shots at Obama, who actually WAS a boy scout, while Trump wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    like seriously, who the fuck has everyting gold-plated or golden in color?
    A cretin, basically.

But seriously, let's all think about the fact that a good slice of the United States believed this was the house of a man of the people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    , but locker room talk defines a man's character to a T.

Be honest with yourself.
    Ever notice how people boast and brag about their deepest, darkest desires when they're in a comfortable setting? One where they don't think they're being recorded, and are with people they trust?

Luckily, Trump was a poor judge of character, and one of the people he told his secret fantasies to recorded it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Ever notice how people boast and brag about their deepest, darkest desires when they're in a comfortable setting? One where they don't think they're being recorded, and are with people they trust?

Luckily, Trump was a poor judge of character, and one of the people he told his secret fantasies to recorded it.
    There's nothing wrong with grabbing women by the pussy. The problematic part which everyone seems to forget was the "I don't even wait" part. Nobody ever mentions that part.

You're so focused on your own bias you disregard the real problems. Either with his remarks or with your own country.

That's the locker room talk. The first part is just silly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    Yes? Because when I'm in the locker room, I have never talked like that, nor have I heard others talk like that. It's not normal.

When I'm in a locker room, my character and how I act doesn't suddenly flip. If someone is willing to talk like that privately, I find it hard to believe they ever had respect for women in the first place.
    Save me the saint speech. "I'm a gentlemen, I'm above dirty talk"

Save me the saint speech. "I'm a gentlemen, I'm above dirty talk"
    And here is the crux of the issue - you and most other far-righters have this problem of not being able to differentiate between creepy and dirty talk.

Dirty talk: "Wow x looks hot and it makes me hard"
    Creepy talk: "Wow I wanna sexually assault x"
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    And here is the crux of the issue - you and most other far-righters have this problem of not being able to differentiate between creepy and dirty talk.

Dirty talk: "Wow x looks hot and it makes me hard"
    Creepy talk: "Wow I wanna sexually assault x"
    The law disagrees with you. The USA disagrees with you. I'm sure even you disagree with yourself if you're honest about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    A rich guy that can afford it and wants it, basically.
    That's you being honest