Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

DH tank absolute king of solo? Where are you blood DKS?

Mionelol soloed (on his own) a +17!!! vault of the wardens. DHs have been performing immensely well in 1v1 solo scenarios. My question is :

Are DH tanks truly better than BLood DKs in solo content? Why don't we have any such blood dks achieving such feats? DK tanks have always boasted immeasurable self-sustainability but has the crown gone to DHs?

My main is 926 ilvl DH tank. I've been doing quite some 2v2 arena skirmishes. There hasn't been a single time when I lose against a blood DK.
    Last edited by mmoc6a0ef05ac1; 2017-07-25 at 02:02 PM.

We have a good bit of survivability however DH has far superior damage potential.

Deleted
    A very weird Thread. Yes, DH seems to be the king of soloing. just find it weird in takeing pride in it. I mean many players are "flavor of the path" but yeah. DH are great right now, but just find it weird would have thought it was weird for back in the good old days of WOLK for DK to be like" get wreacked hunters we now rule"

Brag thread needs to be closed.

Deleted
    Mione is a girl btw.

He/she's also done a +19 CoS (Bursting, Skittish, Tyrannical)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V33PlNbm1Xk&t=1s

First off,Mione was always the best as that,her long experience of soloing helps a lot

Then,DHs have two things DKs don't have.
    Valid spike damage mitigation (though this is disputable with the new legendary ring)
    High DPS,even after the 15% buff blood remains the lowest damage among tanks by far.DHs got really big DPS buffs

I think the real question is: How does she do it? What makes her the solo queen? WE NEED AN INTERVIEW SOMEBODY GET SOMEBODY IMPORTANT AND INTERVIEW HER.

Also: Obviously DH tanks have more tools and sustain options than Blood dks for soloing. Mionelol has historically been a blood DK so if she's doing this on a DH an not a DK then that's just proof unless she just happens to enjoy DHs more... in which case RIP me

We have lives.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    DK has more survavibility but DH damage is just too far ahead, simple as that.
    Mionee is also one of the only person to really "try hard" to solo boss and she appears to have reroll DH at the start of legion, so her DH is is her only "well-geared" character. Maybe if she had a geared DK,she could do this too.

Several things;

The big one is the availability of Permanent CC, with the ability to damage things THROUGH that CC.

Better damage overall, and a solid survivability toolkit that doesn't sacrifice that damage. Ultimately, DKs tend to have to make a choice between defensive or offensive stats. For DH, their offense IS their defense (lifesteal ho).

Better mobility in emergencies, giving you more opportunity to make distance and recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I think the real question is: How does she do it? What makes her the solo queen? WE NEED AN INTERVIEW SOMEBODY GET SOMEBODY IMPORTANT AND INTERVIEW HER.

Also: Obviously DH tanks have more tools and sustain options than Blood dks for soloing. Mionelol has historically been a blood DK so if she's doing this on a DH an not a DK then that's just proof unless she just happens to enjoy DHs more... in which case RIP me
    I'd argue that DKs have more tools overall, but the difference is in damage and self-healing.

Plus just randomly popping to demon form every now and again is a big boost, but in just number of tools DH certainly has fewer.

DH has Spikes, ward, meta, 1-up. That's it.

DK has AMS, rune tap, DRW, Vampiric Blood, IBF, Bone Shield, 1-up and I think in an AoE you can do huge healing with the artifact weapon ability.

Anyway, my point is that the DK has more tools, but sometimes having a ton of tools isn't really that helpful. It's like having a pile of drill bits and just a screwdriver when what you really need are 3 bits and an electric drill.

DH is the electric drill. It's just easier to play.

So just to be clear, you came into the Death Knight forum to post "I'm better than you trolololololol?"

Seems like a quality thread.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Unfortunately, DK's damage is quite low even for a tank. The longer the fight lasts, the bigger the chance of making critical mistake from which you won't be able to recover. Survivability-wise DKs are better than DH. DHs are also extremely mobile, DKs though...

P.S. Bragging thread should be closed.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    DH's have better use of AOE packs, DK's do not. Pretty sure one of the things that made it easy for a DK is the Sigil of Fear that allowed them to keep an entire pack feared permanently which also allowed the buff for Fiery Brand that gains increased Damage for each target hit by Sigil of flame. Basically allowed Mione to have Burst and CC at the same time.

Though Mione has always been a far outlier and the time she puts into the Kills usually requires so much planning that it isn't a relative measure of a classes ability to play all the time.

The reason mione is soloing those high keys has nothing to do with DH survivability and damage. It's completely relies on the tanking legendary wrists coupled with the aoe fear seal, resulting in unlimited cc and the ability to fight one thing at a time. Other tanks have both better survivability and damage when tanking actual encounters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scmpoe View Post
    The reason mione is soloing those high keys has nothing to do with DH survivability and damage. It's completely relies on the tanking legendary wrists coupled with the aoe fear seal, resulting in unlimited cc and the ability to fight one thing at a time. Other tanks have both better survivability and damage when tanking actual encounters.
    Ye.... that's why 910 ilvl bear barely survives 14-15 stacks at raid tanking dummy while my DH goes up to 25-30.
    Some tanks like monk/prot paladin are just awful at soloing lets admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by scmpoe View Post
    Considering her track record, the main reason Mione is soloing those high keys is because she rocks.

DH may have a better toolkit, damage, etc, but come on, how many people can do what she does, regardless of the gear and toolkit?

Quote Originally Posted by djambalaz View Post
    Ye.... that's why 910 ilvl bear barely survives 14-15 stacks at raid tanking dummy while my DH goes up to 25-30.
    Some tanks like monk/prot paladin are just awful at soloing lets admit it.
    Of course, but this is mostly a discussion of DK vs DH for soloing. None of which translates to group content anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    Considering her track record, the main reason Mione is soloing those high keys is because she rocks.

DH may have a better toolkit, damage, etc, but come on, how many people can do what she does, regardless of the gear and toolkit?
    Of course shes awesome, but the main and only reason she is soloing these high keys is because of fear sigil + legendary bracers. And really, yes, I think quite a few people could. Watching the videos, there's nothing insane going on (besides the number of hours being spent on it). Its far from easy, but people who are good enough don't care enough to spent 13 hours soloing a +17 vault for no real reward. On top of all the planning.

These solos are simply impossible on any tank aside from DH because they cant cheese it and basically tank 1 mob at a time while also taking advantage of fiery brand interaction. If you took out fear sigil she wouldn't be able to solo even a much lower level key.

DH isn't king over DKs because of survivability/damage/number of tools, but because of one particular cheesy cc ability.
    Last edited by scmpoe; 2017-07-26 at 09:26 AM.

Deleted
    The cc sigil definitely helps, and combined with a few other legendaries (not just bracers) it has allowed me to do absurd things on both trash and bosses, but if you take for example +19 CoS, I don't think I used the sigil outside of 2nd boss. I've done a +15 DHT Tyrannical which I never bothered posting anywhere outside of twitter (since it was "only" a +15, Kappa) and never even used sigil period, all trash were extremely easy.

That being said I do agree that this is an extremely strong and cheesy interaction, and without it I wouldnt have been able to do the 2nd boss in such a high key. But it's more of a neat little trick that proves useful sometimes, than something really required to make it possible. On that same boss in +17 I don't think I would have needed that trick for example.
    Last edited by mmocf2aa074f10; 2017-07-26 at 09:49 AM.