View Poll Results: How do you feel about this?

Voters
124. This poll is closed
  • Justice was served

10 8.06%
  • Justice was not served - more severe sentence needed

6 4.84%
  • Polygamy is okay if both parties agree

107 86.29%
  • Polygamy is okay but only in some cases

1 0.81%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm always on MY side.

So in essence he dated 25 women simultaneously and called it "celestial marriage" instead of "open relationship".
    Why is that grounds for incarceration if all parties involved knew and consented?

Deleted
    Monogamy isn't natural. The only problem here, and with any monogamous relationship, is when it's based on indoctrination and brainwashing, such as "the word of God" and other such BS.

Also, marriage is a sham, and the only reason anyone should make their relationship "official" are the dumbass laws in so many countries that offer benefits to married couples. Laws that are basically from the stone age, and should be changed. Laws that are being lobbied for by the corrupt churches of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    thats 24 more women than any man should have to put u with. 25 PMSing women a month...
    Finally!
    A negative I can really understand.
    I mean he's got to put with that sort of thing from several women every week I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/canadian...ving-25-wives/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/canadian...ving-25-wives/

Good grief.

25 wives? Can you believe this guy?
    Over 100 kids with them. Many who showed up to defend him?

How do you feel about this? Whose side are you on?
    I'm on the side of not caring and letting people do what they want as long as they don't cause harm to others. Which is what everybody should be doing specially you with your stupid posts always about the same subjects. You have a legit mental problem, I'm not kidding. Every single day another bullshit article from the weird corners of the internet that you dig up from the bowels of bad extreme journalism written by some triggered weirdo looking for social acceptance of his/her beliefs.

You need help.

If those are his daughters, then I fully support him making more. They seem to be in the range of "damn attractive" to "gorgeous."

I seen a documentary on this group on HBO vice show. When they have sons, they try to kick them out and get rid of them because they don't want any more males cutting in on their action.

If all parties are adults and are fine with the arraingement, I don't see why the government has the right to go in and break up this "family."

I could only imagine the nagging this guy faced on the daily basis...... Not to mention the bill at dinner.......

Deleted
    polygamy laws are weird.

i'm guessing this guy didn't actually have 25 marriage licenses (and if he did it would be a clerical error on the states side imo). yet he can be convicted for being married 25 times religiously? seems like there is some church/state separation issue there.

i mean, clearly it's some cultist behavior that's probably unhealthy and there should probably be some way to intervene, but figure out some different law to handle that imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Oler was chosen to lead the Canadian community just north of the U.S. state of Idaho following Blackmore's excommunication from the sect in 2002 by Warren Jeffs, considered the prophet and leader of the group.

He was excommunicated...
    Fun fact. So was Pope Leo at one point, who promptly excommunicated the Patriarch of the Eastern Orthodox Church in return.

Not a Mormon myself, but citing Excommunication is really scraping the bottom for a excuse T.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I don't see why it's a problem as long as everyone involved is willing.
    I agree.

If all were willing and no one was hurt by the guy I don't see why this should be illegal or looked down upon. If that's their lifestyle and their happy with it who's to tell them otherwise? Then to give them jail time? 5 years even? For what? For being married? I don't get it.

I find it ridiculous how the government can decide that your lifestyle is ilegal if it doesn't agree with their religious beliefs. Like gay marriage. It's looked down upon because people are grossed out by the fact that two men or two women can love each other and that it goes against their religion. So because of that it's like "their lifestyle is illegal and wrong because I find it offensive!". That's what I'm getting from this.

It's funny that some of the anti religious types on the forum fully support this religious wacko because of his polygamy.

24 of those 25 wives are likely on welfare.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I don't know - giving half your current worth to every single wife in a divorce case might be more challenging.
    Is that in sequence, or all at once? like do they divvy it up 1/2 then 1/2 of that, then 1/2 of that, or just divide all his crap by 1/2 and say "sort this shit out yourselves ladies"
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    polygamy laws are weird.

i'm guessing this guy didn't actually have 25 marriage licenses (and if he did it would be a clerical error on the states side imo). yet he can be convicted for being married 25 times religiously? seems like there is some church/state separation issue there.

i mean, clearly it's some cultist behavior that's probably unhealthy and there should probably be some way to intervene, but figure out some different law to handle that imo.
    Pretty much my thoughts on the matter.
    Just because he came up with the name "celestial marriage" does not suddenly mean that he was "married" multiple times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Under normal circumstances I'd agree, however these kinds of polygamous religious communities tend to raise the kids from birth in a cult-like environment programming them to believe that they have to accept being married to polygamous men and in general the lifestyle set out for them by the religion.

So I think the question of consent is clouded in this case.
    And broader culture engages in exactly the same type of indoctrination. Monogamy is not the natural state, according to our biology.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Finally!
    A negative I can really understand.
    I mean he's got to put with that sort of thing from several women every week I would think.
    Well sometimes women's cycles can sync up, maybe he just needed to flee to a bomb shelter for a few days a month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Why do you hate freedom of religion?
    Do you believe all religious behaviour should be protected?

10+ Year Old Account
    If two dudes can marry each other then this guy should be able to marry 25 women.

I think a lot of people here fail to understand the situation in Bountiful BC and just spout "as long as it doesn't hurt anyone" when it clearly does in this situation.

They just used the charges that were the easiest to prove.

Consenting adults, religion, etc.