Thread: 7.3 spoilers!

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Are people still saying Jaina is a part of that "crater" stuff? Been saying for a while, the timeline they claim is completely wrong.

Thing is... Jaina's home was blown up before we ventured onto Pandaria - it was a pre-launch event to Pandaria when we were still in Cataclysm aka it was at 85 then changed to 90. You can't have Garrosh under the influence of Y'Sharrj and all that Old God crap before they even sailed close to the land. Even in Wrath of the Lich King who was using Yogg's poo and near Ulduar, she was crying in ICC that Varian was such a damn good king... Totally the opposite of current aggression even after being near yet another, alive Old God.
    Also... While on Pandaria, the Sha feeds on emotions - to the point that Garrosh himself spurned on Sha of Pride - you even seen one of the Commanders orders you to kill fleeing Orcs in water than becomes overrun with Sha for then Taran Zhu to come and dispel literally.
    Despite spending the entire expansion on an island infested with preying on bad feelings, she didn't spawn any bad juju herself. She didn't even want to go near Y'Sharrj's heart.

I'gynoth wouldn't specifically know individuals like Jaina. Why prey on Jaina when there's bigger fish to fry? Like Titan constructs, Deathwing or Azshara who was literally next to Y'Sharrj's grave of Well of Eternity... Which was a crater... that got filled. And would be something an Old God would know... even their subjects.

Aside that Well of Eternity crater, there's plenty big enough too like Maelstrom.

Roll on another expansion so people will be quiet about Jaina. Hopefully magically 7.3 will dispel it.
    The idea isn't that the old gods corrupted Jaina as soon as Theramore was destroyed, or even caused that destruction themselves.
    However, that event (and many others in MoP) had great impact in Jaina's ideals and views. This could have made it easier for the servants of the Void to, slowly but surely, turn her against the world.

Just clearing that up. I don't think those whispers were about Jaina either.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    A really early depiction of the Avatar of Sargeras from the RPG. You can see how the actual model in the Tomb of Sargeras takes its cues from it while also refining it - I like how they've tried to hold true to some of the prior art (even some fan art) while also making it unique and distinct.
    I really want something like this.
    Thing that worries me is, I hope they don't use that green fog that envelops Azeroth at Seat of Pantheon as some cheap way of showing Sargeras' influence without him actually showing up.

Maybe I am just being pessimistic though, we'll see!

EDIT: qouted wrong post! my bad
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-07-26 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    I could only imagine as to what the Cinematic would look like.
    Hope it will be Berserk 2017 quality level of animation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    The idea isn't that the old gods corrupted Jaina as soon as Theramore was destroyed, or even caused that destruction themselves.
    However, that event (and many others in MoP) had great impact in Jaina's ideals and views. This could have made it easier for the servants of the Void to, slowly but surely, turn her against the world.

Just clearing that up. I don't think those whispers were about Jaina either.
    I can see how that "warning" from Il'gynoth could be applied to Jaina - the events at Theramore and in Dalaran having hardened and hollowed her heart (e.g. the "crater" being spoken of) and allowing the influence of the Old Gods to finally have an effect on her mind. I just think Azeroth itself is the more likely candidate, the maelstrom being the crater in her "heart" and their very presence being what has "filled" it. Of course Il'gynoth could also being lying or speaking in obtuse riddles to sow paranoia and mistrust - I'm taking anything it says or implies with a hearty helping of preventative salt.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Considering how Sargeras is apparently going to be imprisoned at the end of the raid, I think it's safe to assume that he will make an actual appearance.
    They even explicitly mention him appearing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    the void is telling half truths, locus-walker even says that.

it doesnt have to be a literal crater your imbeciles.
    It's kinda funny to see how many are willing to take anything a Void creature tells them as literal truth with no hooks. They're about as capable of talking without lying as i am of living without breathing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    It's not what you think.
    Geeeeet hiiiiim. Heeeee knooooooows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They even explicitly mention him appearing.
    His presence is implied, but so far there's been no model or depiction of what he ultimately looks like. I think we will see it - either in-game or via an ending cutscene or cinematic of some kind, but until we know for sure it's all hopes and speculation.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I don't get why so many people think Jaina is going to get corrupted. Can't anyone just be an standard asshole anymore?!

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I don't get why so many people think Jaina is going to get corrupted. Can't anyone just be an standard asshole anymore?!
    And she is not even an asshole. She used to be extremely hated by alliance fan boys for being really pro-horde. But everything she had was taken from her, and the horde had it's fair share of blame.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Oh god no...

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    His presence is implied, but so far there's been no model or depiction of what he ultimately looks like. I think we will see it - either in-game or via an ending cutscene or cinematic of some kind, but until we know for sure it's all hopes and speculation.
    I'm going with cut-scene only given that there is no model anywhere. Probably starting right as his appearing is stated.

But "Sargeras fills the sky!" isn't really "implying" anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    And she is not even an asshole. She used to be extremely hated by alliance fan boys for being really pro-horde. But everything she had was taken from her, and the horde had it's fair share of blame.
    Might be justified to her, still makes her an asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm going with cut-scene only given that there is no model anywhere. Probably starting right as his appearing is stated.

But "Sargeras fills the sky!" isn't really "implying" anymore.
    Some of the data-mined views of the Seat of Pantheon show it swathed by a fog of green/orange mist or fog that might be the inchoate presence of Sargeras. The concern is that might be all there is to his appearance - just a mist or roiling collection of Fel energies that speak (not too dissimilar to how he speaks with Kil'jaeden in the 7.2 opening cut-scene). My hope is that he actually appears as a true form of some kind, similar to how he's depicted in "Chronicle" or other artwork, with an actual model of some kind regardless of context.

Yeah I'd be disappointed if some green/orange mist in the sky is all we see of Sargeras. Perhaps they're only keeping his model/the skybox he appears in encrypted? Or he only shows up in the cinematic. They kept the ToS cinematic under wraps so I assume they can do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need an actual model to work with, its not a matter of discussion, it's a technical necessity, so I have my doubts that he will appear with the model people are implaying from Chronicle. And I don't buy the whole maybe hes encrypted deal, no such thing makes sense when the other Titans have been shown, aswell as it seems like more trouble than it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    They need an actual model to work with, its not a matter of discussion, it's a technical necessity, so I have my doubts that he will appear with the model people are implaying from Chronicle. And I don't buy the whole maybe hes encrypted deal, no such thing makes sense when the other Titans have been shown, aswell as it seems like more trouble than it's worth.
    If it's a rendered video, we would never need the model in our game files.

Dude. y tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet you think Hand Shakers is a masterpiece too

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Perhaps they will let Kemono friends guys do it instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So you hope it will look awful and completely betray the true aesthetic of former material?
    You mean like Illidan vs Arthas fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You mean like Illidan vs Arthas fight?
    Illidan vs arthas is a prime example of what happens when extreme laziness and cost cutting clashes with honest good will. The result was still disaster tho.