Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Yes, clearly the patriotic thing is to do nothing instead of joining his administration and fighting back against his bad ideas while trying to do good.
    Nobody who joined his administration is fighting back lol. Unless you count Sally Yates ahahahah.

All those eels are doing is trying (wildly unsuccessfully) to make the unacceptable palatable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Nobody who joined his administration is fighting back lol. Unless you count Sally Yates ahahahah.

All those eels are doing is trying (wildly unsuccessfully) to make the unacceptable palatable.
    This thread is literally about someone fighting back. Pls accept my friend request btw.

This thread is literally about someone fighting back. Pls accept my friend request btw.
    Tillerson is not fighting back lol. He's just another slimebag who's thinking about quitting after his faction has tilted out of favour.

P.S. I don't accept friend requests, I don't understand the purpose of the friend system on a forum.

Tillerson is not fighting back lol. He's just another slimebag who's thinking about quitting after his faction has tilted out of favour.

P.S. I don't accept friend requests, I don't understand the purpose of the friend system on a forum.
    I don't see Tillerson really as part of any of the factions in the administration and I certainly don't see him as being in the same faction as Jeff Sessions. He wasn't wrong to state privately (if he actually did) that Trump was being unprofessional by attacking Sessions like that.

P.S. if you don't accept my friend request, you won't be serving in my cabinet.

I don't see Tillerson really as part of any of the factions in the administration and I certainly don't see him as being in the same faction as Jeff Sessions. He wasn't wrong to state privately (if he actually did) that Trump was being unprofessional by attacking Sessions like that.

P.S. if you don't accept my friend request, you won't be serving in my cabinet.
    There's probably heaps of factions, but at the moment they're being divided into the Trump cocksucker wing vs. everyone else. Anyone with a scrap of sense can see that an attack on Sessions like that bodes ill for all of them. Except Trump, probably. The man's a nincompoop.

P.S. I can find better ways to fight back against your government than being in your cabinet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    how much institutional knowledge is being lost
    The State Department is basically empty and Tillerson is dealing with that issue by leaving town indefinitely.

It's not being lost, it's being thrown away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well someone can't back that up.

I was pretty clear. I pointed out how Obama said he would have the matter investigated -- NOT turn it into a witch hunt, exact words -- and when he did, it ended. I also showed you Trump promising to have Clinton prosecuted. You tried to Whataboutism that and the attempt fell flat on its face and broke several teeth, since all you can come up with is "impression" which you can't even cite when I have things like exact quotes.

Obama never promised to prosecute Bush, Cheney, or his admin -- only to investigate, which he did, and it ended. Trump? Did. Then he changed his mind. Now he's changed his mind again, or failing that, is lying about why he wants to get rid of Sessions. There is no valid comparison to be made here. Your desperation is showing, but that doesn't change your lack of facts into evidence.

And then you threw in a bunch of unrelated garbage as if that would make your first point better. It didn't. Not only was it irrelevant, it was still wrong.

When you're ready to have a logical evidence-based discussion you know where to find me.
    My other points are perfectly valid. You can keep stroking yourself though.

"Whataboutism" must be the in-vogue term now to try to dismiss something that is done in the same manner by both sides, as if it suddenly gets the one off the hook that you're comparing. It doesn't. Oh because the other guy did it and you're saying my guy did it too, my side must somehow be OK, or the critique doesn't count. (?)

It isn't necessary to dig up old videos of Obama campaign speeches that show his pandering to an audience that was entirely sick of Bushco and its illegal machinations. We all saw it daily and you could hardly escape it on the MSM. No different than Trump's tactics were in appealing to "drain the swamp" platitudes.

Similar examples would be those that we're not allowed to discuss here.

That's what I was trying to convey, and to the extent that none of the extreme partisans on this board seem to understand it (or do but refuse to admit it), there's not much point in endlessly arguing. The simple reality is that none of these criminals are going to seriously investigate themselves and have any teeth to it, they're all part of the same corrupt system. Whether an 'R' or 'D' after their names has little bearing on the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    painting
    That is beautiful. The best part has to be McConnell's 'what am I doing here' face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    My other points are perfectly valid.
    Your other points were irrelevant deflections when I challenged your main point. Which you cannot defend.

"Whataboutism"
    Yes. Trying to deflect an attack by pointing out something someone else has done. It's what people do when they can't defend Trump with the facts, so they try to blame Obama. Problem is, they don't have an actual comparison. So, they defend Trump for promising to prosecute, with "Obama implied" or "Obama suggested" or "the evidence is everywhere but I can't seem to find any".

"It's okay that Trump promised to prosecute Clinton, because I feel that Obama implied he would do the same" is Whataboutism. And it is not a defense. It is an admission of a lack of defense.

It isn't necessary to dig up old videos of Obama campaign speeches that show his pandering to an audience that was entirely sick of Bushco and its illegal machinations.
    It is necessary to back up your claim with evidence. You are choosing not to do so. Your claim "it's not necessary' is an admission of defeat.

Next time, I advise you to pick a position you can at least defend. Irrelevant deflections and Whataboutism are admissions of defeat. They make you look weak. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. You can try again later when you have actual evidence and facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've defended my points just fine. That you wish to continue in a state of denial is your problem.

Has nothing to do with "feel", which I've never said anyway so nice job trying to invent that from thin air. Again, Obama's campaign speeches were seen by millions and are nothing I have to recreate here. It's public knowledge. Ask your average Obama supporter if they thought at the time that he was going after the Bush cabal if elected, and would have some accountability to the gov't. If they're honest it will be a resounding 'yes'. If they're blind partisans like you it will be something different.

One last time: defending Constitutionality and due process is not default "defending Trump". BTW, I didn't vote for him or Clinton. I can't stand either of them. However, the danger that some of you seem to be oblivious to is the precedent that will be set if this "impeachment by innuendo and guesswork" is allowed to happen. It'll be used for any President thereafter, and that's something none of us should be advocating. I'd say the same regardless of which party was in office.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Evidently before Donald Trump becomes the first American President to go to prison
    Man you are going to be disappointed.

Oh right, weren't you the same guy who said Trump was going to lose horribly in the election and all of his supporters be cast into the darkness or some nonsense?

Maybe you should stop listening to the same stories and sources who puked out that election prediction.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post

Oh right, weren't you the same guy who said Trump was going to lose horribly in the election and all of his supporters be cast into the darkness or some nonsense?

Maybe you should stop listening to the same stories and sources who puked out that election prediction.
    Hehe. Yep.

Tillerson today denied any rumor he was wanting to quit his post. Saying, " I am not going anywhere, as long as the President wants me ".

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post

Nah. I don't think so. I'm dissapointed Trump won. But that's just a battle, not the war. The problem was never just Trump. The problem is the deplorables. My position on that has not changed. Even if Trump had lost, the problem of the deplorables would have remained.

You check the latest battle? The 2018 Budget? It might as well have "In which we screw the deplorables" written on top of it. To me, that's good. Or even the Obamacare repeal? Won't hurt me pal. It'll screw the very communities Trump won disproportionately.

Trump will be dealt with by Mueller. I'm just as invested in making sure there isn't a sequel and seeing that deplorable America pay a price for abandoning our American principles and throwing in with a demagogue.

With stuff like that plus Mueller plus Trump-Russia as a whole demolishing this Administration's agenda... we're winning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Hehe. Yep.

Tillerson today denied any rumor he was wanting to quit his post. Saying, " I am not going anywhere, as long as the President wants me ".
    They always say that. Always.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah. I don't think so. I'm dissapointed Trump won. But that's just a battle, not the war. The problem was never just Trump. The problem is the deplorables. My position on that has not changed. Even if Trump had lost, the problem of the deplorables would have remained.

You check the latest battle? The 2018 Budget? It might as well have "In which we screw the deplorables" written on top of it. To me, that's good. Or even the Obamacare repeal? Won't hurt me pal. It'll screw the very communities Trump won disproportionately.

Trump will be dealt with by Mueller. I'm just as invested in making sure there isn't a sequel and seeing that deplorable America pay a price for abandoning our American principles and throwing in with a demagogue.

With stuff like that plus Mueller plus Trump-Russia as a whole demolishing this Administration's agenda... we're winning.

- - - Updated - - -

For real though, since I have 0 faith that you are "conservative" as you have said in the past, which news sources do you listen / watch / read? Because if you are buying into the Russia Russia Russia hysteria, you must be looking in the wrong places.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Hehe. Yep.

Interesting how he's taking a "vacation" around the time when the WH probably needs him around the most. But who's really interesting in critical thinking, these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Arvei View Post
    Interesting how he's taking a "vacation" around the time when the WH probably needs him around the most. But who's really interesting in critical thinking, these days?
    Also, and again I can't stress this enough, that the spokeswoman for the State Department didn't know how to list private days for the Secretary of State.

You'd figure they'd at least figure out something that basic, but nah. They'll just "jokingly" (I hope) ask one of the reporters who knows more about their jobs than they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvei View Post
    I'd point out the grammatical error, but somehow... that's the perfect accent to a sentence perfectly defining this administration! ~_^

- - - Updated - - -

Inorite? Didn't Bill O'Reily take an impromptu vacation right when the shit was heating up on him, and right before he got his ass fired? Granted, he's not government - but... FOX News/Trump Administration... who can tell the difference anymore! :P

Remember when the "respectable" McMaster saying "The President didn't share any confidential information with Russia!" and the Stormtrumpers were calling us liars because we didn't believe him...and then Dumbass Dump totally proved him a liar that night with another toilet twit?

That one's my favorite so far I think! ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

That person you're quoting doesn't believe Paul Ryan follows Ayn Rand and her bullshit Objectivist Cult of Atlas Shrugged worshiping drivel nonsense. Trying to convince him that somebody is actually doing the opposite of what he thinks they're doing is futile.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just that Trump isn't your demagogue...like Clinton was.

Mueller will "deal with" Trump about as well as he "dealt with" another little problem we had back in late summer 2001, one week after he was appointed FBI Director by the Bush Neo-cons.

Keep spewing the establishment horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Every person thus far that has touched the Trump administration has been diminished in the eyes of most, and have lost a lot of credibility. It is their own fault for choosing politics over country.
    So... what you're suggesting is Dumbass Dump is like King Midas, but swapping out the words "Gold" for "Shit" - right?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I'd point out the grammatical error, but somehow... that's the perfect accent to a sentence perfectly defining this administration! ~_^
    Yeah, I noticed it just as I hit the send button, but didn't care enough to change it. You, kinda, have, to, talk, slowly, to some of Trump's supporters anyways.