Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Draenei males should have Wrathguard bodies

My biggest concern about WoW was always about the Draenei race, why did Blizzard do this to Draenei males, why do they look like bulky fridges and can't be identified to their females at all, its like playing 2 different races. Did they do it intentionally to balance the playerbase or was it because their designers were very bad? But then again Velen did have a normal body so it's not that their skills were bad, they might have done it intentionally.

I was looking at Wrathguards for a while and i noticed that they identify completely with the Draenei females for some reason, they have the acctual male body version of the females. I searched why they look like that and its because they acctualy ARE Draenei males, from the man'ari category. So since we had an acctual draenei male skeleton that identifies 100% with the draenei female and looks a lot more better and playable why not choosing that and instead giving these unplayable models that are probably the ugliest designed males in any mmorpg?

Deleted
    sexual dismorphism

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    normal body
    Triggered!

But in all seriousness, if you want a smaller race play one of the other Alliance races? Yeah Draenei males are huge, and that's okay. If you want something more lanky there is always male nelf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Triggered!

But in all seriousness, if you want a smaller race play one of the other Alliance races? Yeah Draenei males are huge, and that's okay. If you want something more lanky there is always male nelf.
    Yeah, I have to agree with this..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

as it was said - Sexual dimorphism. There are species on Earth that vastly differ between genders, some beetles, for example:

Different body proportions, different overall look, different body size..

Draenei are an aliens. They can differ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

I'm not sure about Wrathguard models but the enormous shoulders and teeny waist that Draenei have is the reason I'm race changing my shaman to dwarf.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Draenei are an alien and ancient race, they were like that since WC3 Archimonde and KJ appeared.

They kinda resemble Protoss race from Starcraft universe, where there is also a big difference between male and female. And that is okay. I actually love male Draenei model, and (yes I know) kinda dislike female one, tho many ppl seem to love it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    sexual dismorphism
    But then why does Velen have a body that is not bulky and flat and looks a lot better than the playable male Draenei, same with the Wrathguards who are basically eredar/draenei males they look a lot closer to the draenei females yet we get to play as the worst possible version. Also as you see Velen's age is not an excuse because his younger self has exactly the same normal body.

Last edited by Elfezen; 2017-07-27 at 12:32 PM.

Blizz seem to try to balance out the factions so I'm guessing the Alliance got a "Big" race at the same time the Horde got a humanoid one. Also they balanced shaman/paladin at the same time and later gave the Alliance an animal looking race in Worgens while the Horde got a "short" race in Goblins

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedarion View Post
    Draenei are an alien and ancient race, they were like that since WC3 Archimonde and KJ appeared
    Actually, Archimonde and Kil'jaeden were a lot slimmer in WC3 than Draenei are in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    But then why does Velen have a body that is not bulky and flat and looks a lot better than the playable male Draenei, same with the Wrathguards who are basically eredar/draenei males they look a lot closer to the draenei females yet we get to play as the worst possible version. Also as you see Velen's age is not an excuse because his younger self has exactly the same normal body.

Clearly Velen doesn't lift. All jokes aside something something all Draenei have to do physical labour at some point in their life and the Prophet has lead a rather pampered life excluding all the running away from the Legion and Archimonde and Kil'jaedan would probably look the same if they hadn't been all roided up on Fel Juice. I mean we could also ask why are all the racial leaders a foot taller than other members of their race but we generally don't question it.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Whether it looks better or not is entirely subjective, but to answer your question the reason his model is different is because of lore. He's a prophet, he's not a warrior, he's not an adventurer, he's not very active. He's skipping a lot of leg/chest/everything days.

Why? I like being as big as an xbox.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Why not have both?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedarion View Post
    Draenei are an alien and ancient race, they were like that since WC3 Archimonde and KJ appeared.

They kinda resemble Protoss race from Starcraft universe, where there is also a big difference between male and female. And that is okay. I actually love male Draenei model, and (yes I know) kinda dislike female one, tho many ppl seem to love it :P
    difference between male and female protoss is about the same as differnces between fit male and fit female humans (irl).

difference between male and female draenei is about the same as differences between male bodybuilder on a lot of steroids and fit female humans (irl).

dirrefence between male and female fel infused draenei/eredar is about the same as difference between fit male and fit female humans (irl).

it's pretty weird, usually fel infusion hulks you up rather then keeps you in normal proportions. i wonder if male draenei actually shrink when they get fel infused, there must be an example of it in game somewhere they defect all the time.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-07-27 at 01:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Its just females that should be horribly deformed and ripped.

Deleted
    My biggest concern about WoW
    If that is your biggest concern about WoW, congratulations. You are one of the 10 people in the world for whom WoW experience is the pinnacle of joyful perfection.

Deleted
    Why are you making this be a male problem? The females should be made larger and more muscly you sexist pig.

The Wrathguard were created from the remnants of scrapped Eredar models, before Blizzard decided to use recoloured Draenei instead. This is why they look like Eredar "should".

I don't think the whole Man'ari thing from the Exodar holograms is cannon any more.

That's mostly because Velen is the only male Draenei with a unique model. If you look at humans, for instance, there are several different models that represent various body types. There are NPCs with skinnier frames like some of the old Defias bandits, there are some overweight like Mayor Quimby in the DK starting zone, there are slender ones like Anduin and bulky ones like Varian, and average ones like Greymane or Khadgar.

There are most likely a lot of Draenei males that are not linebackers in the lore, it's just easier to give the majority of NPCs a player model with customized armor than it is to create a variety of body shapes for every race.