Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Man has seizure. Cops accuse him of wife beating and break his back etc.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/louis-t...broke-his-back

Man has seizure. Wife calls for medical help suspecting her husband is having a heart attack. Wife has stress induced nose bleed. Cops arrive and pull the man to the floor, stick a knee in his back, break 4 of his vertabrae and tear the tendon between his chest and ribs and accuse him of wife beating.

Louis—who spent six weeks recovering before going back to work—and Szilvia are suing after rejecting a settlement offer.

Asked about the suit, Greenburgh Police Chief Chris McNerney emailed: “We are committed to vigorously defending yet another frivolous lawsuit against a police department. We are looking forward to the facts being presented in a court of law, as there is not one credible piece of evidence to support this outrageous claim.”

Interesting that the police department offered a settlement but are now saying its a frivolous lawsuit with no credible evidence to support the claims...

Deleted
    At least they didn't kill him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    At least they didn't kill him.
    Yup. That's where it is now. "At least they did not kill the person."

I should have put this in he OP too:

The legal issue here is a much narrower one, says Falkoff, Louis’ lawyer, “focused on the amount of force they used in arresting him and the perceptions of the officers as it’s unfolding. This wasn’t 20 minutes but 15 or 20 seconds. EMS tells the cops to get in there fast, because they see the wife bleeding and Louis out of it. Cops get there and maybe it’s reasonable to take Louis down to the floor when he doesn’t respond. It’s the amount of force they used to take him down that’s the issue here.”

Seems like it wasn't just the cops who made an error although it seems at the very least they should get some training in how to safely take someone down and restrain them without risking their long term health / life.

Can't find "Louis Tramunti" on google just OP's article from a clickbait website.

Why hasn't legit news picked this up?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/louis-t...broke-his-back

Man has seizure. Wife calls for medical help suspecting her husband is having a heart attack. Wife has stress induced nose bleed. Cops arrive and pull the man to the floor, stick a knee in his back, break 4 of his vertabrae and tear the tendon between his chest and ribs and accuse him of wife beating.

Louis—who spent six weeks recovering before going back to work—and Szilvia are suing after rejecting a settlement offer.

Asked about the suit, Greenburgh Police Chief Chris McNerney emailed: “We are committed to vigorously defending yet another frivolous lawsuit against a police department. We are looking forward to the facts being presented in a court of law, as there is not one credible piece of evidence to support this outrageous claim.”

Interesting that the police department offered a settlement but are now saying its a frivolous lawsuit with no credible evidence to support the claims...
    You offer settlements to save time and not have to deal with the PR associated with a lawsuit. Doesn't equal a guilty plea. That being said, if we take things at face value, they probably offered a bullshit settlement and now are going to get burnt over it.

Deleted
    Yeah the lack of proper training aside, cops aren't supposed to have opinions of the suspects. They're not supposed to start mouthing off to people about how they've beaten up their wives, and then rough them up because of it. Cops are supposed to be robots. Emotionless. Efficient. Unerring. When you let idiot hotheads, who live by their assumptions and uncontrolled emotions, on the job, this is what you get. And, of course, dead innocent people.

The process by which these so-called "bad apples" are squashed before they get in uniform is nonexistent, and the training is piss poor. Those things are at the root of all these cop issues.

Deleted
    6 weeks recovery and then being able to work again after 4 broken vertebrae? damn that's lucky.

no clue how police are gonna win that case unless they bribe medical witnesses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I should have put this in he OP too:

The legal issue here is a much narrower one, says Falkoff, Louis’ lawyer, “focused on the amount of force they used in arresting him and the perceptions of the officers as it’s unfolding. This wasn’t 20 minutes but 15 or 20 seconds. EMS tells the cops to get in there fast, because they see the wife bleeding and Louis out of it. Cops get there and maybe it’s reasonable to take Louis down to the floor when he doesn’t respond. It’s the amount of force they used to take him down that’s the issue here.”

Seems like it wasn't just the cops who made an error although it seems at the very least they should get some training in how to safely take someone down and restrain them without risking their long term health / life.
    in what universe does EMS not tell the cops they are responding to a seizure/heart attack.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-07-27 at 02:37 PM.

This article appears to be written by their lawyer. I would like to read the EMT's and police reports. Unfortunately, the news rarely gives us that.

You really do have to laugh at the people though that are already condemning the police and EMTs just from this one sided article though. Do you all automatically believe every criminal on witness stands when they state they aren't guilty too?
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-07-27 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    This article appears to be written by their lawyer. I would like to read the EMT's and police reports. Unfortunately, the news rarely gives us that.
    You can read the whole report in the article.

I guess we should get rid of cops and start paying for private security right? Those who cant afford can surely find another way right?

Deleted
    I'm thankful a law abiding officer did not kill another person.

Cops jobs are to kill people when they get a call. Every call big or small must end in a dead civilian.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just reading your post OP, why did the police even show up if the wife called for an ambulance?

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Just reading your post OP, why did the police even show up if the wife called for an ambulance?
    Evil cop organisation propably jacked the line or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    You can read the whole report in the article.
    Those are lawyer selected excerpts from the reports. Those aren't the entire report. I want to read the EMT's and police side of altercation.

Surprised they didn't execute him whilst he was down.

And also kill his dog.

And his wife.

Why is there only one news source covering this? Also 4 weeks doesn't seem like alot of time for 4 vertebrae to heal.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Cops and Firefighters are also first responders and can show up with a 911 call.

When I was younger and my little brother fell and bled badly from his head, cops showed up before the ambulance, they saw they couldn't do much and took over from me putting pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding.

Luckily I live in a suburb of Montreal so neither of us were shot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fuck those cops so hard. Throw the book at them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was this the cops?

need a help figuring that out here you go.

Did the man die from a pre existing condition they couldn't possibly have known about?

Did the cops do something or fail to do something they were supposed to that contributed directly to the outcome?

Everything else for most part is irrelevant, or secondary at best.

IMO Cops are corrupt doesn't need to be all, it is a problem in my opinion, but just because I see that as the truth.

Conjecture isn't evidence, and they aren't to blame for every thing that goes wrong, even others thing what they should've could've. Human beings good or bad can really only operate on what they know or are made aware of.

Even Robocop wasn't psychic.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis