Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Banned after playing WoW 10 years?

So you've played 10 years of WoW daily and you get permanently banned. How would you feel?

10+ Year Old Account
    "I'm finally free!!"

Deleted
    'Maybe I shouldn't have botted/cheated/been a douchebag?'

Delete as applicable*

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty bad about myself. I mean with no other context, I am going to assume it was my fault, seeing as how I am sure WoW doesn't go around killing subscriptions unless it cost them others.

I would say it feels shitty though, I have been banned, I think the most was like a 3 day, yeah I pushed it more than once, one was a misunderstanding the other not so much, but it sucks losing something you feel you invested more than money in, YOUR TIME.

It hurts.

however if you were there 10 years probably best to take that into consideration when conducting yourself.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Is this a hypothetical? AFAIK you can't get permanently banned, you can just start a new account. Do you mean they personally watch for you to sign up and disallow it? Or do you mean your characters you played on can never be used again / that account is gone. Need some clarification.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm very attached to my account for all the achievements and mounts i've collected. if they took that away from me i'd be sad but also feel glad to finally let it go.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they ban your account, they ban your WoW account right? Not your battle.net account? So if I currently have 2 accounts under 1 battle.net account, and it shares all mounts/pets/transmogs. If 1 gets banned... the only thing I lose is the characters on 1 yes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the View Post
    Is this a hypothetical? AFAIK you can't get permanently banned, you can just start a new account. Do you mean they personally watch for you to sign up and disallow it? Or do you mean your characters you played on can never be used again / that account is gone. Need some clarification.
    Losing your account. All your mounts and other collectibles. Literally having to start over from scratch. That would blow major balls

Shackles are off... Ive had my same account since July 1, 2006. So yeah, thatd be some mixed emotions right about there....

Why would anyone feel "bad"...?

Buy new account for $49 and get a free 100. Buy wow token and get 140k gold. Problem solved

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post

Buy new account for $49 and get a free 100. Buy wow token and get 140k gold. Problem solved
    Because if they spent 10 years on something, they want what they felt they built, and or can't get back.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account

You don't give a shit about any of your mounts or achievements or characters or gear, nothing?

That would put you in the tiniest of minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by lasherG View Post
    So you've played 10 years of WoW daily and you get permanently banned. How would you feel?

Probably akin to how Truman Burbank(Jim Carrey) felt in "The Truman Show" film when he finally escaped.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    You don't give a shit about any of your mounts or achievements or characters or gear, nothing?

That would put you in the tiniest of minorities.

I mean you could get them again. If anything you'd play even longer to re-acquire what you had

I can completely understand certain rare titles and mounts though. Like Scarab Lord etc, but other that...
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2017-07-27 at 08:27 PM.

Deleted
    I would feel bad for having botted.... otherwise u dont get a perma.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lasherG View Post

Why I'm glad you asked, and I'll tell you because It's topical for this post and therefore can't be removed by the Admins claiming It's "Spam".

I was banned on April 15th 2015, 2 years 4 months ago. Short version, I was away on a trip, left my PC at home, didn't touch It, didn't do anything with It, obviously I was In another country after all. I get home and get to find out my account was hacked In a way, I get It back under control and roughly a week later I get a "You are perma banned now" notice on email, so I thought to myself (Knowing WoW after 10 years from that point, 12 now) they did an investigation thing noticing something was off about the account and banned It, natural thing to do they're protecting my account, how wrong I was.

They claimed that I was commiting harassment on the account, despite me being away from the country, that proven by flight tickets, hotel reservations via Expedia and the fact I haven't logged onto Battle.net since January 2015, when I left. Now, obviously the harassments were done by the hacker, but on their side they see no evidence of a hacker, so for 2 years 4 months I'm arguing back and fourth via tickets mostly, basically their short story Is they see no evidence of a hacker, therefore I am responsible, the end.

I could go on and on, but people get afraid of other people talking about bans like It's Voldemort.

If that happened to you, fight It, prove them you didn't do anything wrong (Which I hope you didn't) cause I can tell you one thing for a fact. And that's the fact that the fact we play WoW for 10+ years Is meaningless to them, hell even Burger King gives you a loyalty card and other bonuses for coming In and using their services often, do we get a pardon for doing something we didn't even do? Whilst having a completely blank slate of reports of that nature? They just don't care, but they should, cause veteran players are worth 100 casual ones especially now, especially In Legion where casuals come and go.

So to answer you, I'd feel pretty dishearetened as I do now, felt cheated by them for giving them my loyalty, money and get nothing In return but excuses for something they should be providing me, and that's account security, It's not my fault they don't see a hacker doing those things on their side, I see It on mine. To me half of this is justice now, cause I know I'm right, I'm Innocent and they're not... and I hate playing WoW now on my secondary account, as without my REAL chars that I feel a good attachment to I feel like I'm playing an Inferior version of WoW without all my chars, all their collectibles and so on. It's something Wow doesn't understand even after so long, people like their chars after so long having items others don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Goit View Post
    'Maybe I shouldn't have botted/cheated/been a douchebag?'

Delete as applicable*
    Why do people assume It has to do with any of that? Blizzard aren't angels themselves without any biases, especially not their customer support
    Last edited by TheVaryag; 2017-07-27 at 08:36 PM.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I've been playing for longer and haven't even gotten a warning: I probably deserved it, since past experience has proven that the system isn't random
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean you could get them again. If anything you'd play even longer to re-acquire what you had

I can completely understand certain rare titles and mounts though. Like Scarab Lord etc, but other that...
    I like my challenge mode transmogs. Can't get those.
    Not to mention all the 271 mounts I have, dozens of other transmog items, toys, titles, pets, et.c.

I just wouldn't want to farm those again, I'd just stay away

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what I did to get banned lol.

Honestly I would probably be upset but at the same time that has gotta feel refreshing. I would never say I am addicted to WoW (hardly play it right now) but it is like a security blanket. I know it is always there. Having my main account gone would suck but it would be the perfect time to just hang it all up.

Buy a new account?