Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    And I said good. She got what she had coming.

- - - Updated - - -

Theft is wrong. Not just in theory but in practice.

He did the kind thing, but the right thing? Not necessarily.

No theft isn't wrong, that is a moral premise based on a ideology, not fact. What if you steal something that was stolen in the first place, or you steal something that was obtained through ill gotten gains, then what?

No he didn't do just a kind thing he did the right thing the decent thing, fuck the law, his problem is that he is a cop, making you correct on that point and only that point.

Congratulations on being technically fucking right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Stealing diapers falls rather solidly into the grey. Yes, theft is wrong....but so is child neglect.
    No there is no fucking grey, and what you are doing is rationing you don't get to do that, or rather you do, but you can't do that and be objectively right, Buck Sparkle is fucking correct IF his job required him to act another way and he didn't out of compassion he over stepped his bounds and that is actionable.

And as long as people do that skating and grey area shit, people can comfort themselves with that black and white shit in bliss.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    how is helping someone in need not the right thing?
    I mean, she got a ticket so she got punishment.

And helping a thief I don't consider to be a highlight of humanity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No theft isn't wrong, that is a moral premise based on a ideology, not fact. What if you steal something that was stolen in the first place, or you steal something that was obtained through ill gotten gains, then what?

No he didn't do just a kind thing he did the right thing the decent thing, fuck the law, his problem is that he is a cop, making you correct on that point and only that point.

Congratulations on being technically fucking right.
    <3

Don't we usually fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Theft is wrong. The circumstance that delivered the woman to resort to stealing cheap nappies is also wrong. It is possible to hold both views without having a mental breakdown or having steam come out of your ears or even spontaneously combust. It is in fact possible to see the nuances in a story like this and recognise that the justice system should not be used as a holy sigil with which to beat the most needy in society.
    No theft is not wrong, it doesn't matter why she was stealing, she broke the law, how can you not understand both things. I understand your feelings but try a little harder.

It's ok to embrace something illegal if it's for the right reasons, you don't have to shut your brain off to that, it isn't making you or anyone else safer.

If nothing else at least this thread was a good indication of the shaky moral inclination exhibited by the average mmo-champ forum-goer. And on that note good night.

No theft is not wrong, it doesn't matter why she was stealing, she broke the law, how can you not understand both things. I understand your feelings but try a little harder.

It's ok to embrace something illegal if it's for the right reasons, you don't have to shut your brain off to that, it isn't making you or anyone else safer.
    You are literally arguing for the grey area that you just said doesn't exist...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

<3

Don't we usually fight?
    If we fight it's because we probably care about the issue, and we aren't fighting now anymore than we do any other time, I think your view point is pretty fucked up and just as skewed at Shinra 1.

I would love nothing more than to agree with Shinra 1, but I won't do it for the wrong reasons.

Much better if he just decided to let the kid stay in dirty diapers. Fuck that kid, right....his mom is a piece of shit criminal and he should bear the full weight of that.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are literally arguing for the grey area that you just said doesn't exist...
    That is because it doesn't and at the very least this wouldn't qualify because the directive is CLEAR.

If she broke the law it doesn't matter why he has to do his job PERIOD! The only thing that might not be grey are people that bitch about cops doing their jobs, until they do, and then they don't like when they do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Much better if he just decided to let the kid stay in dirty diapers. Fuck that kid, right....his mom is a piece of shit criminal and he should bear the full weight of that.
    If she made better life choices maybe her kid wouldn't be in dirty diapers.

You start your post by saying theft is not wrong. Then you call it illegal. Are you high? What's more is that you agree with my post yet are acting as though I've said the antithesis of what you're preaching.

You have 18,000+ posts just like the one I have quoted above...words without merit.

7+ Year Old Account

how about helping a single mother in need?

she may be a thief, but she had reasons to steal.
    she didnt do it for shits and giggles, she did what she had to take care of her child.

ofc that doesnt make her not punishable, but it certainly doesnt make her a bad person.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    how about helping a single mother in need?

she may be a thief, but she had reasons to steal.
    she didnt do it for shits and giggles, she did what she had to take care of her child.

ofc that doesnt make her not punishable, but it certainly doesnt make her a bad person.
    Still broke the law.

And I need a wide screen TV, should I steal it? After all, it -is- a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    You start your post by saying theft is not wrong. Then you call it illegal. Are you high? What's more is that you agree with my post yet are acting as though I've said the antithesis of what you're preaching.

You have 18,000+ posts just like the one I have quoted above...words without merit.
    Theft is wrong in the context for the cop, who is the subject and bought the diapers. I am also not preaching because I think he did the right thing.

I personally don't believe theft is wrong, but I also realize that isn't the point. As for more posting count you seem to make more of a deal out of that and your insults rather than actually arguing merit at all.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't have the first clue why the situation is what it is or what circumstances brought about it, and I guarantee if I told you it may have come about because of rich greedy republicans, it would have the exact same effect.

She stole she broke the law, the cop is required to do his job despite her circumstance.

Still broke the law.

And I need a wide screen TV, should I steal it? After all, it -is- a reason.
    Moronic false equivalency aside, she has a fucking court date. What more do you fucking think should happen? Piss away tax payer money locking her up over 15 fucking dollars?
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    If nothing else at least this thread was a good indication of the shaky moral inclination exhibited by the average mmo-champ forum-goer. And on that note good night.
    Moral inclination, who exactly appointed you the authority on that, because you don't see the implications of a cop that could take the law into their own hands being a problem, because if not then you really ought to rethink the way you post.

Because honestly you need to think beyond just your kneed jerk bullshit, that way of thinking leads to fucking problems later on, and that cop doing things basically because of the way they feel may not lead to you feeling so great about his subjective judgement later on.

But no fuck that, let's not consider where that kind of short sighted thinking leads so long as you feel fucking good about this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Moronic false equivalency aside, she has a fucking court date. What more do you fucking think should happen? Piss away tax payer money locking her up over 15 fucking dollars?
    No she is getting punishment, thus justice is served.

That is because it doesn't and at the very least this wouldn't qualify because the directive is CLEAR.

If she broke the law it doesn't matter why he has to do his job PERIOD! The only thing that might not be grey are people that bitch about cops doing their jobs, until they do, and then they don't like when they do.
    on one hand you say theft is ok if it's done for the right reasons.
    on the other you say the law must be enforced.

That puts you right in the Grey area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Yeah but then quantify that perspective. Oh it's diapers? Well there are social programs, that provide diapers, even charities and hospitals, might require giving the child up but they exist, keep in mind if the diaper is that serious.

The TV might be a false equivalency but so what, why the fuck can't BuckSparkle have a TV, I mean it isn't the last one, hell that plastic shit is in such abundance more than a few get destroyed because they never get a chance to be sold.

What is the measure in terms of your morality and the law.

Maybe there is a good use for the TV, I mean other people have babies too.

So you are arguing that the kid should suffer because his mom can't afford to feed him and keep him in clean diapers. Let's be clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    on one hand you say theft is ok if it's done for the right reasons.
    on the other you say the law must be enforced.

That puts you right in the Grey area.
    Ok let me clarify

I BELIEVE theft is fine in some circumstances, however I AM NOT THE LAW :P

I am also not society either that deems theft is against the law and put this man in his role. The law has to be enforced, in my opinion that includes this even though I don't agree.

But that is muddled, and I am not a machine, I am a human being, and I am glad this cop exist, but I can't just turn off reality, despite what I would like.

A grey area described to equally correct opposing factions objectively without a clear directive.

This does, We don't operate based on morality as it relates to the state at least not yet, I am sure some will work on it, and others will work against that.