Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    In what context, are we talking about this situation or in general, is that your opinion or what?
    In general. Doesn't matter if she didn't steal a bunch of shit in this one instance, if you steal once you probably either have done it before or will do it again later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    In general. Doesn't matter if she didn't steal a bunch of shit in this one instance, if you steal once you probably either have done it before or will do it again later.
    Eh sound reasoning, not sure the numbers or statistics behind it, but there you go. You could be right.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Except, you know...that she bought everything else...she just didnt have enought left for the diapers
    How much of the "everything else" do you think she absolutely had to have? Diapers seem like they'd be a necessity, I'm sure there's something else she could have done without. She could get some washable diapers as well and not have to worry about diapers. The reasons don't really matter, stealing is stealing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    What a heart warming story. A woman has a child she can't afford, buys groceries, but is caught committing theft and we're supposed to leave the article feeling she was a victim. I wonder if I go out and buy a 500k car (the same amount it costs to raise a kid from
    0-18) then couldn't afford the payments, if people would see me as a victim.

Cradle to grave used to be an insult. Now it's a bonafide political ideology. "Do what I want when I want and have someone else cover it"
    Ill play a violin in your honor.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If her parents taught her anything worthwhile about making good life decisions and she followed them instead of being a rebellious adolescent, or maybe making bad decisions (like having underage sex, or sex before marriage), I could say with certainty, regardless of the education system she happened to be a part of, she would be able to be comfortable and support her child.

Do i need to go on?
    Yeah, obviously you do need to go on!

Self-righteousness and uninformed judgements has rarely solved any problems so yes, please go ahead.

All these people that are stating all criminals should be "punished". How do they feel about the plight of illegal immigrants?

Except, you know...that she bought everything else...she just didnt have enought left for the diapers:

It's literally the first sentence in the OP...
    It may be the only first time she was caught.

Why?
    Because if you know it's a False Equivalency...you should already know Why it is a False Equivalency. Why should I have to explain to you something that you should already know?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    And it may be the first time she ever did it. What we know is that she paid for everything else...the only things she tried to steal were the diapers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    How much of the "everything else" do you think she absolutely had to have?
    I don't know. I'm not here to make assumptions about her shopping habits. You were presenting the case that she was stealing other things...I was merely showing you the evidence that your assumption was incorrect.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

And she's getting punished...but you're also saying the cop shouldn't have bought the diapers for her son...that's you saying that the kid should also have to suffer.
    No, the kid shouldn't have to suffer, but the mother should also have made better choices that wouldn't put her AND A KID, in that situation. Of course, if it was unforseeable, then that's what it is, it sucks, and I think the gesture from the officer was kind, if naive, as this shit CAN be abused.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Drop the act. Surely nobody can be this obtuse or lack compassion to empathise with a woman trying to buy pampers for her infant. She wasnt robbing a bank or stealing savings from pensioners.

Not all crimes deserve punishment. What she needs is welfare to help her feed and cloth her child. Any country that says its modern or progressive like America does shouldn't make its most needy resort to stealing food and baby essentials just to survive.
    Its pretty clear you are a troll. However, you are a left Troll, which the mods love, so nothing will come of it.

"What she needs is welfare" LOL. How about YOU pay for it, and I keep my money, hows that? The cop should have broken her arms with his club so she can't steal anymore, and the child should have been taken and put up for adoption. That's what she needed. Then a good kidney punch while being put into the back of the police car. If you can't pay for kids, don't have them. Maximum force should be used against thieves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    All these people that are stating all criminals should be "punished". How do they feel about the plight of illegal immigrants?

Criminal should be punished. We should have snipers along the wall and patrol helicopters and planes with anti ship missiles along the coast to stop illegal immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Its pretty clear you are a troll. However, you are a left Troll, which the mods love, so nothing will come of it.

"What she needs is welfare" LOL. How about YOU pay for it, and I keep my money, hows that? The cop should have broken her arms with his club so she can't steal anymore, and the child should have been taken and put up for adoption. That's what she needed. Then a good kidney punch while being put into the back of the police car. If you can't pay for kids, don't have them. Maximum force should be used against thieves.
    I don't think you have the right to call anyone a troll. I can't believe I'm somewhat defending Shinra atm, but...yeah. You're throwing stones from a glass house atm dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    No, the kid shouldn't have to suffer, but the mother should also have made better choices that wouldn't put her AND A KID, in that situation. Of course, if it was unforseeable, then that's what it is, it sucks, and I think the gesture from the officer was kind, if naive, as this shit CAN be abused.
    I seriously doubt the woman is going to start abusing this. If anything she wont steal again, because she realizes she got let off easy this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    I seriously doubt the woman is going to start abusing this. If anything she wont steal again, because she realizes she got let off easy this time.
    Some people are callous enough to take advantage of people like this though. Some people have been known to spawn kids just for a child support check. This is not to vilify this woman or anything of the sort, it's just a potential outcome, one that shouldn't be ignored, least of all by a cop.

I get why he did it, and I also see why he shouldn't have done it. So I'm not taking any sides.

some people comparing needing diapers to $500,000 cars and widescreen TV's.

you guys are so far up your own assholes i'm amazed you can type, your faces must look awful with all those key dents in them.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    That's nice. But if she stole she should have been arrested.
    Called compasión

No I am just saying life sucks and if she doesn't want her kid to suffer she should make better choices.
    I long to live in this magical fairy tale land where everything turns out perfectly in the end for you conservatives. All humans are infallible and omniscient and no child suffers because everyone just does the right thing and fixing any problem just requires pulling on your magic bootstraps!
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

That's nice. But if she stole she should have been arrested.
    She was issued a citation to appear in court.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, but she broke the law, it doesn't matter why she did it
    You must utterly hate Les Miserables.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Ill add this story. Not going to make a thread.

Instead of breaking up street football game, Buffalo police officer joins in

In the final video, he jokes with one of the children that he should write up a police report because he just got robbed.
    Korny cop joke, but funny.