Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Feds arrest IT staffer for Wasserman Schultz trying to leave country

From Fox News
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...e-country.html

'A House IT staffer at the center of a congressional computer equipment scandal has been arrested by federal officials and charged with bank fraud, Fox News has learned.
    Fox News is told officers and agents from the U.S. Capitol Police, the FBI and Customs and Border Protection were involved in the arrest of Imran Awan at Dulles International Airport.*
    Awan, 37, of Virginia, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to one count of bank fraud during his arraignment in federal court in Washington, D.C. He was released but will have to wear a GPS monitor and abide by a curfew.*
    Awan also was ordered to turn over all his passports. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Aug. 21....'

And from CNN
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/26/politi...ats/index.html
    "Democratic staffer arrested on bank fraud charge"

'Imran Awan, who has worked for several House Democrats, including Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, was arrested Monday and charged with bank fraud as he tried to leave the country, legal documents show.
    FBI spokeswoman Lindsay Ram said FBI and US Capitol Police arrested Awan at Washington's Dulles International Airport as he attempted to travel to Pakistan.
    The complaint and affidavit against Awan accused him and his wife, Hina Alvi, of attempting to commit bank fraud by misrepresenting themselves on a loan for a rental property they had and then wiring the proceeds to two unnamed persons in Pakistan.
    Christopher Gowen, an attorney for Awan, said Schultz's office fired him after the arrest. David Damron, a spokesman for Wasserman Schultz, confirmed to CNN that Awan had worked in the Florida Democrat's office and had been fired.
    Asked if Alvi, who the complaint refers to at length, had been charged, Gowen said, "Not yet."
    Awan, 37, of Lorton, Virginia, was a shared employee paid by more than a dozen Democratic House offices, congressional disbursement documents show, for January to March 2017, the most recent period for which data are available.
    A report from BuzzFeed in early February said House staffers were under investigation for stealing equipment, and Politico reported Awan was one of those under investigation. Gowen said most offices ended their relationship with Awan, but that Wasserman Schultz's office continued to keep him on the payroll until the day of the arrest...'

It appears this person was trying to sneak out of the country and go to a Middle Eastern country after pilfering some data. I am glad they caught him. I would imagine they( the "Feds") had been keeping a close eye on him for quite a while just waiting to pounce. Maybe he will turn state's witness and rat the other people out.

What does him having formerly worked as a DNC staffer have to do with his current bank fraud actions?

Is this another bullshit attempt to smear Democrats or something?

Who do you expect him to rat out trying to steal Democrats' IT equipment?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

15+ Year Old Account
    And people thought the "BUT HER EMAAAAAAAAAAAAAILS" would go away once Trump won.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    What does him having formerly worked as a DNC staffer have to do with his current bank fraud actions?

Obviously since he committed bank fraud, that means ALLLLLLL Democrats committed that bank fraud.

According to the article he was shared with 13 staffers and was also being investigated for stealing equipment while working under them.
    I surmise the investigation got a little too hot for him so he decided to hightail it out of the country. Since the federal police were keeping an eye on him he got stone cold busted. 'Cheaper than a hot dog with no mustard mustard mustard...'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Who do you expect him to rat out trying to steal Democrats' IT equipment?
    There was more than one person stealing the equipment my friend. The article states that.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    So they caught a criminal. Good work. What is your point here?
    The point is at the end of the OP my friend. What is your point here?

Seems like some ties between FusionGPS and Russia have emerged, potentially proving that the Clinton campaign and the democrats colluded with Russia

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    The point is at the end of the OP my friend. What is your point here?
    I hope this thread stays open, but apparently making a thread about a real arrest and investigation = conspiracy theory, and just ignore the 50 MUH Russia! threads because thats totally not a 'conspiracy'
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I hope this thread stays open, but apparently making a thread about a real arrest and investigation = conspiracy theory, and just ignore the 50 MUH Russia! threads because thats totally not a 'conspiracy'
    No, it's comments like "Seems like some ties between FusionGPS and Russia have emerged, potentially proving that the Clinton campaign and the democrats colluded with Russia" that make what you're saying a conspiracy theory.

Seems like some ties between FusionGPS and Russia have emerged, potentially proving that the Clinton campaign and the democrats colluded with Russia
    Hold up, weren't you and your cult accusing her of being a warhawk because of her firm stance on Ukrane and such - that she was WANTING to start a war with Russia!? o_O

Are you saying the Russians hacked and leaked the DNC Emails for.... for WHAT exactly!?

Hypocrites, the lot of you! You're so scared shitless of Dumbass Dump's russian ties you're all grasping at straws... no, not at straws - at DUST at this point!

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    No, it's comments like "Seems like some ties between FusionGPS and Russia have emerged, potentially proving that the Clinton campaign and the democrats colluded with Russia" that make what you're saying a conspiracy theory.
    I include qualifiers in that statement, which makes it 100% more honest than all the people claiming MUH RUSSIA is totes real even after months of investigation with no smoking gun.
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I include qualifiers in that statement, which makes it 100% more honest than all the people claiming MUH RUSSIA is totes real even after months of investigation with no smoking gun.
    Most investigations are decided based on a preponderance of evidence that, while no single piece is conclusive in and of itself, together forms a solid case. It is not only extremely rare for there to be a so-called "smoking gun" that wraps everything up on its own, but investigations of this magnitude take a very long time. The Watergate investigation, for example, took nearly two years before Nixon resigned and another three years before it was fully concluded. You're writing off mountains of evidence (including an e-mail chain that very well COULD constitute a smoking gun) and calling our entire intelligence community liars because an investigation into misconduct by the most powerful man in the country wasn't wrapped up and done with in six months.

Hold up, weren't you and your cult accusing her of being a warhawk because of her firm stance on Ukrane and such - that she was WANTING to start a war with Russia!? o_O

Are you saying the Russians hacked and leaked the DNC Emails for.... for WHAT exactly!?

Hypocrites, the lot of you! You're so scared shitless of Dumbass Dump's russian ties you're all grasping at straws... no, not at straws - at DUST at this point!
    I know its pretty crazy isn't it, maybe it explains why the DNC didn't cooperate with the FBI into investigating the email hacking. Perhaps if the DNC had been willing to turn their servers over...

Wait a minute, why didn't the FBI just seize the DNC servers if the government thought that the Russians had hacked them? Its as if the Democrats were making moves with the intention of preventing the collection of crucial evidence.

And who was it that 'concluded' that Russia had hacked the DNC? FusionGPS. And then the intelligence agencies made their 'assessment' based on the report drawn up by FusionGPS.

Wow this all seems so confusing, its as if somewhere along the line the democrats fabricated this entire narrative and FusionGPS is a critical piece of the puzzle. Good thing that the CEO of FusionGPS has already left the country and is refusing to appear before congress, at least last I heard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Most investigations are decided based on a preponderance of evidence that, while no single piece is conclusive in and of itself, together forms a solid case. It is not only extremely rare for there to be a so-called "smoking gun" that wraps everything up on its own, but investigations of this magnitude take a very long time. The Watergate investigation, for example, took nearly two years before Nixon resigned and another three years before it was fully concluded. You're writing off mountains of evidence (including an e-mail chain that very well COULD constitute a smoking gun) and calling our entire intelligence community liars because an investigation into misconduct by the most powerful man in the country wasn't wrapped up and done with in six months.
    And the basis of the 'Russia hacked the DNC' claim is a report created by FusionGPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    No worries, it was probably them RUSSIARUSSIA hackers again. Its the only explaination. #blame_russia

<snip>

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-07-28 at 04:00 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

It was the way the OP worded the other thread. They made it seem as though the MSM was in collusion to hide the arrest. They were not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    <snip>
    Oh my! I hope she doesn't do something like that. That would be terrible.

I really doubt this has anything to do with politics. Just someone hiring a shitty shady IT guy. There are hundreds of them.

And the basis of the 'Russia hacked the DNC' claim is a report created by FusionGPS.
    Being that it's the judgment of the entire US intelligence community that Russia was, in fact, behind the hacking of the DNC, I reiterate my inference that you're calling them all liars.

How dare you accuse Ally of such a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    <snip>
    So we're straight up channeling the pizzagate crowd now are we?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Finally, something substantial!!! Lock Hilary up!