Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Dungeon bosses which could have been raid bosses.

What are your top picks? To this day I can't understand why Ner'zhul was selected to be a dungeon boss when his impact on lore and overall strength are unmatched. I think he deserved his own raid instance to be honest.

Starts and ends with Loken.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Murozond.

Though something tells me that we might face him again as a raid boss next expansion.

Kargath(tbc), Murmur, Benedictus, Archaedas, Prince Tortheldrin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Starts and ends with Loken.
    He should have been next to the last boss in Ulduar. It would have made so much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Why? What connection to the infinite/ bronze dragonflight is there to the kul'tiras theme?
    Uhh... Old Gods obviously?

They are the main reason why Nozdormu went (or will go) mad, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pitar99a View Post
    What are your top picks? To this day I can't understand why Ner'zhul was selected to be a dungeon boss when his impact on lore and overall strength are unmatched. I think he deserved his own raid instance to be honest.
    Because the Ner'zhul we fought hadn't achieved as much as the one on our planet.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Murmur deserves to be a raid boss for sure.

other than him(?) , Kargath and Ner'zhul could very well be raid bosses as well.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Uhh... Old Gods obviously?

They are the main reason why Nozdormu went (or will go) mad, right?
    Well, they aren't the main reason. Lets say, a titan thought it was a good idea to show him his future demise. Didn't turn out well, and the Old Gods then took a little play in turning the key half a turn more. He, sorta then attempted to fix it all with splitting the time ways, and presto, the Infinite was suddenly a problematic subject with the annoying ability of time travel and locking beings out of certain places in time.

Else, you are right my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    Murmur deserves to be a raid boss for sure.

other than him(?) , Kargath and Ner'zhul could very well be raid bosses as well.
    Kargath makes sense, even the alternate version had achieved quite some events but again, can't agree much on Ner'zhul.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Ner'zhul should have had a considerable more impact in WoD.

Definitely:
    Loken, Ner'zhul, Neptulon (At least give us a goddamn end of the story!)

I wish Grim Batol was a raid There's even that strange "door" near the final boss that screams "here be raid zone entrance"!

Spicy take:
    King Ymiron, imagine a raid in which you plow through the entirety of the palace, and face Ymiron and the summoned spirits of the kings? Amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    Ner'zhul should have had a considerable more impact in WoD.
    Indeed, that I agree with. Though, as they made him, he hadn't achieved anything worth yet.

Why? What connection to the infinite/ bronze dragonflight is there to the kul'tiras theme?
    "Dragons will be important at level 112"

Anub'arak.
    With his own raid, not the ToC shame.

I've already done a level 112 bronze dragonflight quest... you can bet there will be more.

Ymiron could've fit as the final boss in a vrykul raid, or maybe even a lair encounter similiar like Maghteridon's lair within his throne room.

Loken is also an amazing villain who could've been a boss in Ulduar, maybe with some RP where he is ordering a mind controlled Thorim around who then wants revenge after being freed from Yogg's grip.

Mal'Ganis should've been a boss in ICC, trying to fight the Lich Kings forces but blocking the way for the adventurers to progress.

Falric & Marwyn could make a neat raid encounter by taking their encounter in HoR to a new level, like forcing the players to kill ghosts of innocent civilians that they killed during Stratholme's purge.

5+ Year Old Account
    Mal'Ganis in WotLK should have absolutely been a boss fight.

Murmur in BC would have fit in very well in a raid scenario.

Gun Drak should have been raid in its entirety.

Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, they aren't the main reason. Lets say, a titan thought it was a good idea to show him his future demise. Didn't turn out well, and the Old Gods then took a little play in turning the key half a turn more. He, sorta then attempted to fix it all with splitting the time ways, and presto, the Infinite was suddenly a problematic subject with the annoying ability of time travel and locking beings out of certain places in time.

Else, you are right my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Kargath makes sense, even the alternate version had achieved quite some events but again, can't agree much on Ner'zhul.
    Murozond was left alive by the old Gods, after they killed everyone else, for a reason. To safelock and guard that timeline and ensure the twilight has passed. We came in and by killing him we unlocked the timelines making it possible to travel back to get the Dragon Soul. Murozond is closely linked with the Old Gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mal'ganis, Mephistroth. I am negatively amazed by the way blizzard treats dreadlords.
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Ner'zhul for sure.. come on, it's the Lich King and he's only a dungeon boss?