Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Thoughts on the T21 set bonuses?

2 PC - 30% increased eye beam damage

4 PC - 15% haste for 10s after using eye beam

Personally I don't see how this is ever going to beat the current set bonus. Even with a demonic build i don't see it matching up. Great set bonuses for m+ but they just seem to be making worse and worse tier sets bonuses for us as far as raiding goes, the only way I see it being decent is if there's a good pad fight with frequent adds where you would be using eye beam frequently due to the CD reduction from raddons or souls.
    Last edited by Measure; 2017-07-27 at 08:04 PM.

A half-assed shit like T20.

It's actually worse than T20.

Also has the same issues, forces us into a specific talent choice (Demonic).

Brings more issues though, like f.e., not having Eye Beam ready for AoE phases because you need to use it on ST.

The 30% damage boost to flat eye beam damage is not RNG unlike other tier-sets that had 10% crit CS or 20% increase crit BD.

For AoE fights, this is really awesome since our AoE has suffered with the huge nurf to glaives. The problem is the Haste buff needs to compensate having to use eye beam on ST fights. (the damage buff could make it worth it on its own but if only to break even or just slightly more still needs a better ST benefit). And I hope 15% can cut it. It could squeeze in a 3rd Death sweep inside of the 8 second meta window potentially (with demonic) depending on haste which would be nice.

The dream would be... getting the cape CB proc after your first Death Sweep after eye beaming and Meta-ing with Demonic. I see momentum returning because this build would be about short small bursts spread evenly instead of big bursting on pull. Certain fights benefit from the style because ads come out periodically and always having eye beam up knowing it will trigger meta is great for numbers.

So... I'm optimistic about buffing a different build than the usual, but hesitant about the purely ST output. And in general the complexities that staggered metas can entail with timings and momentum buffs. Definitely the Cape legendary gets more powerful as does eye beam helm.

Better start farming eye beam relics I guess lol
    Last edited by Felera; 2017-07-28 at 12:56 AM.

Personally I don't see how this is ever going to beat the current set bonus.
    Current bonus isn't even that good but 0x1.3=0, eyebeam and a few other abilities do so little damage at the moment

Hopefully it gets changed before it goes live >_>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felera View Post
    For AoE fights, this is really awesome since our AoE has suffered with the huge nurf to glaives. lol
    No set bonus should ever fix our AOE performance. What will happen to our AOE till T21 and after it?

Personally I feel T19 > T20 > T21 = twisted.
    In case T21 wont be changed and there wont be any change to DH rotation, we might be the first spec in history which will prefer off-tier pieces over tier ones. I’m really disappointed where are we now, but the future looks even worse.

as of things are right now, Demonic/ST spec is still very close to the regular ST spec.

T21 set, will push you to use 3321113 spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    as of things are right now, Demonic/ST spec is still very close to the regular ST spec.

if t21 stays like this it will only push me to finally reroll sth else, which i shouldve done before this raid(but blizzard kept my hopes with dblades till it was too late)...

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post

Why would you use throw glaive in a demonic spec? Use cdr reduction and cost for nova if u need on m+ and for raids demon reborn so you can run a 54 meta opener throw glaive its useless in demonic

Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    Why would you use throw glaive in a demonic spec? Use cdr reduction and cost for nova if u need on m+ and for raids demon reborn so you can run a 54 meta opener throw glaive its useless in demonic
    Trust me. I was right about the Cloak aswell.

I've been testing this set out on the PTR all day with all sorts of different legendary setups and trinkets in both ST and in AoE, and I can tell you without a shred of a doubt, with +8 ilevels from live set blade dance build, the demonic t21 set does roughly the same damage. This to me seems bad. If 8 more ilevels and t21 set is doing the same ST damage as a t20 set then what is the point? Sure, any fight where we can cleave or AoE we might start to see this pull much further ahead, but I am afraid Havoc is going to suffer the same fate as WW did and become the niche AoE spec, even moreso than it already is on live.

Deleted
    I like the set. Shoehorns us into demonic, true, but I don't mind that. Might make Eyebeam unavailable for adds with poor RNG and that's an issue.

TBH they should redesign raddons and go full hfc on this set. Forcing us into demonic is somewhat fine by me, as long as it doesn't stay the clunky mess it currently is.
    Last edited by mmoc75ca4994a3; 2017-07-29 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sendula View Post
    I like the set. Shoehorns us into demonic, true, but I don't mind that. Might make Eyebeam unavailable for adds with poor RNG and that's an issue.

TBH they should redesign raddons and go full hfc on this set. Forcing us into demonic is somewhat fine by me, as long as it doesn't stay the clunky mess it currently is.
    I wouldn't expect them to change that much with our class before 7.3. Communication has been dead silent. Not a single blue post or change on the PTR. Wouldn't put it past blizzard to release 7.3 with the way things currently are and then give us a flat damage buff in reaction to us being at the bottom of the barrel on every fight.

I am afraid Havoc is going to suffer the same fate as WW did and become the niche AoE spec, even moreso than it already is on live.
    I wouldn't worry about that so much, our Cleave sucks after all. Even Demonic is soso compared to things like a fire mage / boomchicken / Ret (they may not have ST, but damn those pinkies can Cleave). I am more worried about us reaching a soft cap with Crit and our scaling just getting nuked after that.

4set bonus is too weak should be changed to something like this:

When you finish casting eye beam, your chaos strike critical chance is increased by 50% for 8 secs.

Its trash and I'm probably going to prioritize T20 over it in any circumstance possibly even T19 if I can continue to get decent TF rolls.

I think that ... oh well I stopped playing DH from the DEV's FAQ + "mechanical changes" feast of lies.

2pcs set bonus should be after used eye beam,what ever hit by eye beam will be explosion a chaos damage after 2 sec.
    4pcs set should be soul fragment will reduce another 6 sec cd of eyebeam and will be explosion as a chaos damage after taking it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how are DH on PTR so far gameplay wise?

is the CB + Nemesis build still the to go build or demonic take over because of the new set?

Deleted
    I'm pretty worry about that T21, since the announce of different T21 bonuses, DH's one is the only that had no changes ... But everyone knows that all modifications for DH will come 1 day before patch release