Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dragons in the near future = The Infinite Dragonflight as a main enemy?

WotLK:
    in northrend, the infinite dragonflight can be seen fighting the bronze dragons "through time" for control of the bronze dragonshrine in dragonblight. During Lv[75] mystery of the infinite quest, the bronze dragon chronormu sends adventurers to the shrine in order to identify the leader of the infinites using a device known as the [hourglass of eternity]. At the end of the quest, the hourglass finishes its search, revealing the long-lost nozdormu. Chronormu states that this makes no sense, then brushes it off and says that she is glad that the bronze aspect is alive and well. She adds that he had left without telling the rest of the flight "where or when" he was going.
    Nozdormu at this point obviously knew that what he fate would be once Deathwing would return. The only way to stop it was to infuse his power into the Dragon-Soul and become mortal.. ..Something he did not want.

Cataclysm 4.3 - End Time:
    After the titans showed him his own death, the tormented nozdormu was tricked by the old gods into trying to subvert his mortality. As a result, nozdormu shattered the timeways and created the infinite dragonflight... Jeopardizing the very future of azeroth.
    Aman'thal must have sent visions from where they are imprisoned of his creation's demise during Nozdormu's own disappearance and it is also confirmed that he was tricked by the Old Gods into subverting his mortality.

Cataclysm 4.3 - Madness of Deathwing Intro:
    Thrall yells: It is done. At last the Destroyer has met his end. Now I can begin to heal our world.
    Alexstrasza yells: You have accomplished the impossible, succeeded where all Azeroth feared you would fail
    Alexstrasza yells: Before you is the Cache of the Aspects. Take from it what you will, for you have more than earned the right.
    Nozdormu yells: ...although, you may want to hurry.
    Nozdormu subtlety warns the adventurers of Deathwing's reemergence which he had seen through the timeways.

Legion 7.2.5 - Deaths of Chromie:
    Chromie called for help from Dalaran to come to Wyrmrest Temple, where she revealed to an adventurer that she would die in the near future --- It's not that she did not want to die, it's that this wasn't how she was supposed to die. She had seen her death, and knew it happened much later than this attack. Meddling with the timeways for personal reasons goes against everything the bronze dragonflight stands for.An hour before her death was likewise blocked, prompting Chromie to comment that whoever was behind the attack had done their homework. The best she could manage was fifteen minutes before the attack.In the end, they never learn who was behind the attacks, though the timelines are restored to as how they should be.

• As confirmed by the developers, the 112 level settings imply the next expansion will involve dragons.
    It would seem Chromie will die in the very near future and perhaps it is Murozond behind her death. I foresee the Infinite Flight as the first raid we encounter in the next expansion or perhaps the final if they are the main focus. Through the information we have gathered, Yogg'saron and N'zoth being the only active Old Gods have subverted Nozdormu into finding a way into immortality by shattering the timeways. N'zoth will most likely be free next expansion and have Azshara, Murozond and many new villains at his side.

For the other Dragonfights who knows of their fate?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    You rock, that's a good speculation

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems plausible and highly possible.

There's also the book based on Warlords of Draenor, think Journey to Draenor where Kairoz actually arms Warlord Zaela and her crew with Infinite Dragonflight mounts.

Kairoz also sympathises with the Infinite Dragonflight and he too isn't alone on that sentiment if I recall correctly - he likes their ideals but doesn't necessarily agree with the way they do things. Aka he wants the timelines to be kept correct and not messed with. Infinite Dragonflight though they mess with it can actually do go and try to change it, apply that ability with pure motives and an anomaly can be rectified.

Also in Legion to add.
    We have seen:
    • The Emerald Dragonflight though just Y'sera but her death has probably left that Dragonflight reeling and needing closure.
    • The Blue Dragonflight with making Senegos better, Stellagosa, Azuregos and the Nexus involved too back with the leylines in Coldarra, Northrend, Kalec in Dalaran as part of the Council of Six whilst helping with the Balance of Power chain and numerous other things.
    • The Black Dragonflight in Highmountain with Ebonhorn (originally Warthion before they switched him out) and visiting places Deathwing/Neltharion Lair actually in the levelling zone and the Dungeon.
    • The Ruby Dragonflight in that you do naughty things as part of the Death Knight Class Mount campaign despite that Alexstraza wasn't going to make more clutches as she is mortal now.
    • The Twilight Dragonflight make a return in the Shaman campaign when they were supposedly meant to be dead.
    • Bronze Dragonflight with Chromie and her deaths.

Seems pretty clear to me that we will get dragons and most likely will see Infinite Dragonflight because heck why the hell not?!
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-28 at 07:04 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can we use the dragon balls to restore ysera back to life <.<?
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Can we use the dragon balls to restore ysera back to life <.<?
    I don't think there are enough dragons left to collect 7 of their balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Well there's Ebonhorn, Kalec, Nozdormu, Warthion... There's 8. Assuming that they have 2 each that is.

Infinite flight might do something that lets us experience the height of the black empire in the past.

More important though

Ethereal traders collect the augerite currencies in 7.3

Timeless epochs filed kairozs hourglass that launched mop

Ethernium aka the bad ethereal turning themselves into void beings are in 7.3

Ethernium bad guy faction vs consortium and the protectorate aka good guy ethereal and return of nexus Prince haramad

Ethereals are traders and merchants much like goblins. Maundermine a good neutral city.

Ethereal give opportunity to introduce not the tinker but more likely a technomancer if they are the "illidari" of 8.0
    Hopefully it's also ranged melee options. There hasn't been a single class added by expansions as a caster option
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-07-28 at 08:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So...next expansion will be a mix of WoD, Cataclysm and Legion in terms of feel, then?

By that I mean:

1. Time Travel, at least partial (WoD)
    2. Terraforming, at least partial (Cataclysm)
    3. Worldwide Invasion (Legion)

All makes sense if the Infinite Dragonflight return alongside the Azshara and N'Zoth. Goes without saying we have some unfinished business with Azshara from her surprise Legion appearance that clearly sets up for the next expansion.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Might be the "small raid" we have between Argus and the next xpack.
    Just hope it's better than Ruby Sanctum.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

I like the theory that the kid from children's week is behind the chormi death, the one that gets stopped at the enterence to the cave of time place, for some unknown reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this may be Wrathion's plan. He convinces Kairoz to create an infinite army, but Garrosh puts a stop to that. He instead gets the brilliant idea that to create the Infinite dragonflight, knowing that he will succeed because it already happened. He has magic but isn't a full-grown dragon, or even a drake. He needs help, and he has all of Deathwing and Nefarian's research on dragons he needs to twist the Bronze into the Infinite. I think his end goal is to take on us and kill Azeroth, because he knows that Azeroth awakening would be the end of all life. He was just waiting on the Legion threat he foresaw to come to an end before he began his plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    He has magic but isn't a full-grown dragon, or even a drake. He needs help, and he has all of Deathwing and Nefarian's research on dragons he needs to twist the Bronze into the Infinite.
    So do you think Wrathion is starting the process with a stronger drake like Chromie? That's a a story I could get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    We'll have to travel to Namek... i mean Outland, for their balls

- - - Updated - - -

Are these Infinite Dragons from a timeline that no longer exists(we averted it DragonSoul) or are these a new, more covert group that is created in our new timeline, by maybe Wrathion/Kairoz(future evil self, sending help before he ever went to Draenor) or that sweet little girl... sandra?

I personally think they're a new group, not the same ones from the future we averted and not created by Nozdormu, but someone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    So do you think Wrathion is starting the process with a stronger drake like Chromie? That's a a story I could get behind.
    Yup. Methinks his goal is to open her up to using the timeways for her own goals by forcing her to do it so many times in order to save her life. The more she time hops to prevent her false death, the easier it might become to convince her to time hop and prevent her true death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting theories indeed. I always have a soft spot when it comes to dragons in general. :P

Let us not forget about Chromatus (Only in book but still) who knows maybe it will be free from it's arcane prison and get reanimated somehow.

Deleted
    I've shared this speculation about 8.0 in other foruns also.
    Unlike most speculation regarding the recent datamining of Kultiras hints i strongly believe it to be a cheesy bait. Without going further into discussing the reason why Blizzard would add to 7.3 a leveling set with a new zone map etched into it and even call it loud and clear "Kul'tiras set" it is clear to me that (even having in mind all past expansions) the next expansion will be a big shocking surprise.

Having said that and the only hint given so far by a dev is that Dragons will have a huge role at level 112 (chromie scenario) i expect the next expansion do deal will all that Nozdormu predicted and all else that we saw in the future in the Caverns of time.

Seems to be the right time for it since only Alexstraza and Nozdormu remain alive as the original Aspects now and the Death and Rebirth of Nozdormu as Murozond will foreshadow the closing of the circle, the future where Tyrande dies, Sylvanas and Jaina become pawns of the Void.

And yes... WE WILL kill Chromie.
    Soon the Bronze dragonflight will have to be dealt with and how do you kill a Bronze dragon without killing every each in every possible timeline?
    So we went back in time to kill Chromie with the help of some time dragon, maybe with the help of Chromie herself.
    They know they are doomed like all other dragons and unlike all other Dragons that turned evil, this ones know exactly how and when it will happen So it won't come as a surprise, they can warn us in time to prevent further damage.

Also... The Doomsayer note in 7.3 hints: "From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked serpent feasts on stars.
    It has no eyes to see, but it dreams of infinite endings and beginnings."
    It's an allusion to something such as the flow of Time and a non impending Doom that no matter how many times you fix it, you cannot escape Fate.

I hope blizzard doesn't derp and makes it about the future and not the past if they do go timeless

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    inb4 we use chromie to go back in time to destroy the old gods before they could manifest.

Though I don't think we'll ever see another expansion based on time traveling, WoD was a disaster thanks to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    inb4 we use chromie to go back in time to destroy the old gods before they could manifest.

Though I don't think we'll ever see another expansion based on time traveling, WoD was a disaster thanks to that.
    WoD wasn't bad because of Time Travel. They just didn't really treat the expansion as it deserved. If they gave the same treatment to WoD as they did to Legion. I'm sure the perception would be different. That said, I don't see anything time travel related on a large scale anytime soon. I'd love some Cavern of Time Dungeon though.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2017-08-04 at 04:15 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi