Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    The entire reason they are asking for change is because they are currently getting special treatment. I assure you the moment the LGBT community has all the same rights as everyone else you will never ever hear another peep from them again.

- - - Updated - - -

They already are in the military and have been for many, many, many years. This isn't just about those who have yet to enlist but those already in the military who deserve the same treatment and considerations all others who serve this country receive. I'm no fan of the US military but this attitude is fucking disgusting, disrespectful and so completely out of line.

- - - Updated - - -

I seem to recall people saying this is why women shouldn't be in the military. They were wrong then just as you are wrong now.

- - - Updated - - -

When was the last time basic civil rights were denied to those in the majority?

- - - Updated - - -

Those protected classes exist due solely to the fact people in this country don't think they deserve equal rights. It is almost like you people don't even comprehend any of what is at issue here.

- - - Updated - - -

Or how about you mods do your jobs and infract the people not able to carry on a civil discussion just as you do with all other threads? This is far, far too important to just shut down all discussion on simply because of a few bad apples especially when much of that behavior is encouraged by how certain threads are moderated.
    What basic employment right are they denied that straight people are not? They are not asking to get equal treatment under the law, because they already have it.
    You do understand that women in the military are given preferential treatment, right?
    Well, for one, women were not generally allowed to vote 100 years ago in the US, and since you didnt specify country, I will point out Apartheid.
    What's at issue is at what point one person's freedom must be elevated above another's.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post

This entire fucking thing is screwed up. Conservatives or right wingers at any rate are aoparently not wanting to support armed service men and woman? When the fuck did that happen.
    About the same time conservatives made a complete 180 on Russians and Putin. Conservatives use to hate Russia and Putin following good ol' papa Reagan and the Red Scare. They use to think the Russians were the greatest enemies to America now they love the Russians and Putin. All because their God Emperor Trump loves and kisses up to the Russians.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    the Justice Department ... decides to declare that the federal civil rights law "does not ban discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation."
    Discrimination on the basis of sex is not discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, or "gender", and they're absolutely correct to say as much. You may believe this is not enough - ie that it should cover more than just sex-based discrimination - but that is by the by. The law in question, as it stands, does not support the plaintiff.

The answer, of course, is to either amend the law or to write new legislation that does protect against sexual-orientation-based discrimination. Shouldn't be too hard, especially in New York.

The EEOC meanwhile is talking out of its collective arse. I can trivially distinguish between the sexes simply by comparing certain chromosomes, but cannot do the same for determining hetero- or homo- sexuality. Therefore, it is possible to rationally distinguish between the two types of discrimination, and therefore the EEOC is talking a load of rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    It's okay though, Trump and his administration will be the most LGBT-friendly one ever. Hey, all you disgusting Trump apologists, remember when all of us LGBT people were saying that Trump scared us during the election? And how you kept saying, "Oh it was just Pence, he can't actually do anything?" Yeah.
    This bit of the quoted article was interesting:

The Justice Department's position was consistent with the way most federal appeals courts have ruled on the issue, but it marked a turnaround from the approach taken during the Obama administration.

Translation: It's how the Federal appeals courts have mostly ruled on this issue, except for at most an eight-year blip under Obama.

Final thought: be careful what you wish for. All these anti-discrimination laws are effectively eroding the idea of freedom of association. Basically, you're giving the government the power to determine who you associate and do not associate with. Now, with the God-Emperor in the White House, Grand Inquisitor Sessions as AG, and Grand Vizier Pence as backup... are you really sure you want the government to decide who you can be around ?
    Still not tired of winning.

Why is no one asking this question, I'm sure a couple hinted at it, but none asked. Trump said he consulted with HIS generals, but the joint chiefs of staff (you know, the generals) were not consulted and have pushed back on all this. So my question is, what generals did he consult with? It's a serious question that needs to be answered.

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    Why is no one asking this question, I'm sure a couple hinted at it, but none asked. Trump said he consulted with HIS generals, but the joint chiefs of staff (you know, the generals) were not consulted and have pushed back on all this. So my question is, what generals did he consult with? It's a serious question that needs to be answered.
    He was talking out of his ass. The Joint Chiefs and Secretary of Defense all had absolutely no knowledge of communication or discussion of the role of transgenders in the military. Hell, there were reports that because of the delay in the Tweets, they thought Trump was going to be declaring war on NK and went into a panic.

The reality is that it was nothing more than a response to an immediately previous Tucker Carlson segment where Carlson made the claims made by Trump and was likely discussed during their dinner with Sean Hannity. The immediate pushback from the Pentagon says that he did not consult them at all and was trying to make executive orders through Twitter and use them (senior military officials) as the deflection target.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-07-30 at 04:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Because the answer is known. He's a delusional liar.

Because he lied. Like always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Funnily enough, the ftm guy at my job doesn't care because the military is just used to oppress poor people into protecting the rich and all that sjw jargon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Sjw jargon? how? what?

Either none or his good friend Jims (Vladimir).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    This entire fucking thing is screwed up. Conservatives or right wingers at any rate are aoparently not wanting to support armed service men and woman? When the fuck did that happen.
    Um, basically forever? Right wingers love using the military and they love selling stuff to the military to line their own pockets. They haven't ever given a shit about the people in the military.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Um, basically forever? Right wingers love using the military and they love selling stuff to the military to line their own pockets. They haven't ever given a shit about the people in the military.
    Having been in the military and having had to call upon a "right-winger" for assistance (which was provided without delay), I will have to disagree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    a private company can fire you because you have brown hair. there is no law written or will there be that will force PRIVATE individuals to employ these kind of people.
    How barbaric.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    How barbaric.
    no more so than forcing someone to hire or retain someone who disgusts them.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP