Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Does this mean DDO is not in mainentance either?
    Neither has ever been in maintenance mode. Both continue to receive free updates and paid expansions, even if content has slowed over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh gotta pick this up again.

Granted my mini is stuck in Rohon so it'll be a while but Mordor is fun

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mordor slated for Aug 2 now

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    High-elf*

Not sure how much they differ from regular elves in reality, but it's still a new race added (new model, new racials etc.)
    Well the thing is that the playable elves already were the High Elf variant, from the settlements created after fall of Beleriand. (The major ones being region ruled from Grey Havens by Cirdan, the playable ones, Eregion that fell and Lothlorien). Its the Sylvan elves whom have been unplayable. <.<
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    http://store.turbine.com/store/turbi...e.lotro-mordor

what the..?

how can they charge that much and leave a standard edition so featureless? i mean, don't they want a player base?
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

LotRO is one of the best game when it comes to immersion (the world is HUGE and very varied), respect of the lore (the whole dread/hope system fits perfectly with Tolkien's world, and has superb graphical consequences) and role-playing.
    Sadly, it does completely tank in gameplay and "feeling" (it completely lacks the "visceral" feedback you can get in WoW for example, with slow and unimpactful hits, clunky animations and rather boring fighting). Animations are pretty terrible too.
    LotRO with WoW's production values and a bit more reactive combat would be a winner.

When Lotro came out it had the problem of "clunky" everything, even for 2007 the graphics were dated compared to AoC and WoW (Yes, even WoW 2007 didnt look so squary and clunky).

Along with the fact every area, you were stuck at the level unless you grouped up to do the dungeon or elite quests to be able to keep going.

I remember this is why i quit the game despite playing it for a bit, i didnt know it released, bought it a month or so late probably and didnt enjoy the "Wave of players", so when i reached the point of requiring people to play i couldnt find any and simply never bothered again.

I did download it a couple years back and leveled a bit but it was the same.

Tedious, clunky and whenever you had to do an elite/dungeon quest, really hard to find anyone at the same level since the game is and was practically dead.

Also they did add lots of things to side-level along with quests some sort of Scenario mini-dugneon defense of waves it was.

I also recall their choice of "Listen to the community, we just want to RP, no raids!" and you get LOTRO, the decision to not implement any more raids was early on, 2009 i think

LOTRO is literally one of the most perfect casual MMOs but then again its practically dead, go figure.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-08-01 at 09:56 AM.

The two things I remember from when I played LOTRO online was...

1. It had a chunk-based install. I got to play the intro portion after a very short download, while the rest of it was installing. It was !@#$ing amazing, but when I went back to it later, it had changed to a standard "download all day before you play even a moment" which was kinda sad.

2. The "character growth" system was different from what I'd seen before, and neat. Do stuff, get achievements... choose the ones that you want to fit your character with.

Oh, and as has been said, the music system should come standard with MMOs nowadays. Its a shame very few of them do anything remotely like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    http://store.turbine.com/store/turbi...e.lotro-mordor

what the..?

how can they charge that much and leave a standard edition so featureless? i mean, don't they want a player base?
    What's even more screwed up is the difference between the collector's and the UF bundle. They want you to pay €50 for a mount reskin and a month sub, and some useless gimmick stuff.

I used to have great fun back in the old lotro classic / moria days, when the servers where still stable (codemasters in Europe) and the added content was still of high quality and fun.
    Mirkwood was still fun but you already saw the cracks there, ever since then it's been going rapidly downhill.

What drove most players away is all the promises they made and didn't realize (new ettens in osgiliath etc.) and the endless lag and rubberbanding European servers since they physically moved them to the USA (another broken promise, the server move to Amsterdam).
    Top that off with the devs taking people for fools, making big announcements about new updates and then releasing a few crappy quests where you have to walk back and forth between a few npc's.
    The only people left playing now are the diehard Tolkien fans, there's nothing to salvage about this game anymore unfortunately.
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2017-08-02 at 07:19 AM.

The company is so cheap.
    The download speed is only 3 Mbits/sec.
    It is like that even on a non patch day.

This really makes me to think twice about buying the expansion.