Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

How come Jaina is labeled as a villain but Genn isn't? Gender or Personality bias?

Dunno what the issue is here but both have suffered from the same actions of the Horde:

Had their cities devasted by the Horde.
    Had their people murdered by the Horde.
    Had lost loved ones by the Horde.
    Had their land taken and or destroyed by the Horde.

Sought vengeance against the Horde
    Heavily dislikes the Horde

Jaina is the "villain".
    Genn is the "hero".

I don't understand..? Is it because of their gender or personality?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I don't understand is why people think Jaina is a Villain or think that Sylvanas is a well written character.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate them both equally, but I don't see them as villains nor heroes.

because Genn hasn't threatened to indiscriminately destroy a whole city. Genn wants personal revenge against Sylvanas for what she's done, but he doesn't want to commit genocide against the forsaken. Jaina on the other hand has pushed for the utter destruction of the Horde on numerous occasions despite the fact that her personal revenge was only with a few members of the Horde. That's what currently separates Genn and Jaina.

Maybe it's because blizzard has set out to make Jaina look like a villain and Genn to not be? Probably has nothing to do with some bias as you wanna make it out to be based on gender.

Jaina is a villain? According to what?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Jaina is a villain? According to what?
    This forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    because Genn hasn't threatened to indiscriminately destroy a whole city. Genn wants personal revenge against Sylvanas for what she's done, but he doesn't want to commit genocide against the forsaken. Jaina on the other hand has pushed for the utter destruction of the Horde on numerous occasions despite the fact that her personal revenge was only with a few members of the Horde. That's what currently separates Genn and Jaina.
    Source? Otherwise this false.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Jaina is not a villain, neither is Genn. Well the Horde may consider them "villains", more specifically orcs and blood elves but they would use the term enemy not villain.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-07-31 at 07:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    This forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Wheres your source that Jaina is seen as a villain and Genn isn't that isn't from some douchebag on these forums?

Who sees Genn as a good guy? He's a boring character with terrible motivations just like Jaina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    What I don't understand is why people think Jaina is a Villain or think that Sylvanas is a well written character.
    My thoughts exactly...
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Really? In the book tides of war she was planning on flooding all of Orgrimmar, at the end of SoO she told Wrynn to dismantle the Horde, at the beginning of Legion she encouraged Anduin to wipe the Horde out. What, did you just throw all of those things down the memory hole, never to be remembered?

Quote Originally Posted by bigsav1 View Post
    Wheres your source that Jaina is seen as a villain and Genn isn't that isn't from some douchebag on these forums?
    Theres a whole thread dedicated to Jaina being evil on this and the lore forum.

Theres a whole thread dedicated to Jaina being evil on this and the lore forum.
    okay, but where's your source for Genn being seen as a good guy? I personally want to turn him into a fur rug, but I might be biased in that since I'm Horde.

Really? In the book tides of war she was planning on flooding all of Orgrimmar, at the end of SoO she told Wrynn to dismantle the Horde, at the beginning of Legion she encouraged Anduin to wipe the Horde out. What, did you just throw all of those things down the memory hole, never to be remembered?
    And Genn bombed the Forsaken, pushed into their lands and forced everyone to become Worgen to combat, Sylvanas. Your move.

- - - Updated - - -

okay, but where's your source for Genn being seen as a good guy? I personally want to turn him into a fur rug, but I might be biased in that since I'm Horde.
    I don't think Genn is a good guy. I think he's the most horribly written character in the game and I hate him.

Gender or personality bias? Lolwut?

I'm pretty sure it's the writing, and neither of those two options.

Nice clickbait.

And Jaina has wished for the Horde's destruction more than once, IIRC.

Mostly because Glenn is still with the Alliance, while Jaina has officially abandoned the Kirin Tor

Glenn mostly hates Sylvanas, and maybe the Forsakens, but not all the Horde. While Jaina, even when Garrosh has already died, still wants to destroy all the horde and seems that she is done with the Alliance
    Last edited by fenixazul; 2017-07-31 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    Mostly because Glenn is still with the Alliance, while Jaina has officially abandoned the Kirin Tor

Glenn mostly hates Sylvanas, and maybe the Forsakens, but not all the Horde. While Jaina, even when Garrosh has already died, still wants to destroy all the horde.
    Oh really? Him and Admiral Rogers sacrificed their best ship in the fleet just to kill a bunch of Forsaken in pursuit of Sylvanas. They're tactically useless and a big danger to the Alliance for not sensing a Dreadlord.

Wait... To whom? Who is supposed to be seeing Genn as a hero and Jaina as a villain? The WoW narrative has a very subjective slant to it. Heroes and villains aren't usually clear cut. I wouldn't say either is a hero or a villain, just tragic and flawed.